Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 15.9

DE_Adam

• Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction.

For a game already favoring the selfish speed-runner, you've forced the community into a corner that is against group gameplay. Not that I would personally do this, but you've just created the mindset of "Why should I risk my life to rez someone if I might die and lose all my rewards?" If we're supposed to work as a team, we should be rewarded as a team. I remember this being a problem when I died on the mutalist event survival and didn't get any points even though I helped the team get to 38 minutes before dying in the hallway of doom with no chance to respawn and live.

For massive changes like this DE REALLY needs to communicate more clearly on the mechanics of it instead of a little generic blurb. Also: there's a big difference between AFKing and leeching. If I play with my friends, I don't care if they need to AFK for the phone for sometimes up to 5 minutes.

meh

hate to say this, but not really digging some of these changes =/

i get that afk'ers are teh worst, dont misunderstand, but 60 secs is a pretty tight window, what if someone was just brb for 61 secs and had been active in a T4S for 60 mins non-stop prior to that? those 61 secs are going to cost them every single reward? that's a bunch of BS =[

IMHO the timer should be more like somewhere in the range of 5-10 mins , that's a more realistic time to punish tru afk'ers

the 60 sec window is going to punish a LOT of non-offenders on accident, prepare for a lot of hate mail DE

also would be nice if the notes were more clear on the invul phase upon entering a mission, how long does it last? it should really be permanent until the player moves, shoots, uses an ability, etc

lastly, srsly DE?!?!? HOW LONG DO WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR DUAL DARK DAGGERS?!?!?! 2016? 2017? gimme a break here....=[

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

This update is terrible.

The 1 minute afk lose everything rule is the stupidest change i've ever seen in any game.

Do you realise how afraid people will be now? do you realise how many trolls are going to 

screw with peoples lives just to piss them off because they now know they can essentially screw

people over in a mission now? Give me a loki, and lets get this trolling bullsh-t started, because

DE needs a little lesson in thinking a little about what idiotic ideas the community come up with under

such cases.

I'm a good example, it's only been 5 minutes and i fully realise the reality of it. And i actually do want to put it into

practice, i want to troll people now, just to piss them off and curse this update and DE for their idiocy in this context.

They'll hate me, sure, but they'll hate on DE more.

So say I die (while out of revives) reviving a teammate or getting that last LS for team survival. I'd get punished for a teamwork-oriented behavior. This could possibly skew players towards inaction during times of difficult decision making. Could we not have a minigame or a required user input (e.g. randomized key presses) for dead players to show they're still around and not AFK. For the sake of those that risked and died for the team, without punishing their good-willed intentions.

Edited by KSJia

"Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction."

Ok guys, prepare an empty bottle, plat for your revive refills because this crap got real....

no rewards for AFK

*facepalm* i can see how alot of my friends who may have to leave a match at a moments call get burned since usually out of kindness the rest of the gang help out by completing the mission for them.

also no mission reward for being dead. i can see and count 20 players so far that would exploit that for griefing purposes, by not reviving fellow players.

i can see this being used as a massive griefing tool. i just pray my clanmates dont run into those griefers that i am certain WILL EXPLOIT THIS

Well, me and my buddies all made it to extraction after 50 minutes, and still didn't get rewards. So all this did was make us waste 50 minutes...

The update dropped less that 30 minutes before you made that post, there's no way you were playing on the latest client version.

Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction.

Pool 1) Survival, Defense, Interception, etc rewards are revealed during the mission and accumulate without penalty.

Pool 2) Exterminate, Sabotage, Capture, and essentially anything else that isn't endless have end-of-mission reward items (Blueprints from bosses, etc).

Pool 2 items are all that is affected by this change at this time.

Also 'what qualifies as AFK/Dead'?

This timer only matters relative to when the mission is completed. It isn't a 'catch all' net for 100% of the mission.

Edited by DERebecca

This update is terrible.

The 1 minute afk lose everything rule is the stupidest change i've ever seen in any game.

Do you realise how afraid people will be now? do you realise how many trolls are going to 

screw with peoples lives just to &!$$ them off because they now know they can essentially screw

people over in a mission now? Give me a loki, and lets get this trolling bullsh-t started, because

DE needs a little lesson in thinking a little about what idiotic ideas the community come up with under

such cases.

I'm a good example, it's only been 5 minutes and i fully realise the reality of it. And i actually do want to put it into

practice, i want to troll people now, just to &!$$ them off and curse this update and DE for their idiocy in this context.

They'll hate me, sure, but they'll hate on DE more.

Invite me and I will troll will you.

"Players Will now be Disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute. This will not affect players waiting on extraction......."

This screams out two massive problems. (Update: ACTUALLY, NOW I THINK OF IT, THERES 3 PROBLEMS)

1) What if somebody needs to quickly grab a bite/snack - a packet of crisps w/e, or needs to go to the bathroom?
2) What if somebody or some people are out of revives..... if you run out of revives, that's it, you may as well pack up and go home right now coz your getting nothing.

UPDATE:

3) People who are going to exploit the above message are just going to make the game unplayable beyond solo, Griefers are just going to absolutely jump on this and make everybody's life a misery. Platinum will unnecessarily be wasted on refills on revives, because you think this was a good idea DE! If people end up dying on important waves of endless missions, or end up losing GOOD loot because of this, I guarantee you they will be ON YOU like a pack of hungry Kubrows in a fraction of a second!!! MARK MY WORDS DE. To say you've really messed up on this part of the update would be a MONUMENTAL understatement.

Is there logic in the decision for this? ABSOLUTELY, its to stop leechers and AFKers getting rewards - which I am a big fan of (reward the hard working and punish the slackers).... what I am NOT a big fan of, is losing your stuff just because you need to answer a call of nature - or food. Make it so anybody AFK for more than THREE minutes NOT ONE, loses their stuff.

Plus removing keys from the syndicates was a BIG.... BIG mistake, what you SHOULD have done was made it so you get less keys for 5k (maybe just 2 or 3), or make it so it costs say, 10/15k for the T4 keys you want. Why should we lose out on an easier way to get keys? Its ridiculous. I'm sorry but its absolutely downright ridiculous to just get rid of them flat out. Remove the keys like that was like throwing gas on a fire, its gonna make an explosion.

Plus, making us have to rebuild two items we would be selling on, just so we can get a less than impressive staff? And don't tell me "you should've kept the items", because I have plenty of SUPERIOR items in my inventory that justifies the need to not keep the weaker weapons. Now I gotta pay in excess of 50k just to build this stuff... NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL! Some of us aren't made of money!

Bottom line and recap:

1) Put keys back in, but at a more expensive cost or less keys FOR the cost
2) Make the AFK time limit THREE minutes instead of one.
3) The staff looks like it will be OK at BEST. Mastery Fodder otherwise.

4) daBImA is not a Happy Bunny!

Edited by daBImA

• Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction.

This is kind of #*($%%@ for archwing interception, where, if you've got a person on each point to hold it down while farming parts, you can go 5 rounds in a row without seeing a single enemy.

Archwing was already not worth playing, and you've basically killed it.

Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction.

Pool 1) Survival, Defense, Interception, etc rewards are revealed during the mission and accumulate without penalty.

Pool 2) Exterminate, Sabotage, Capture, and essentially anything else that isn't endless have end-of-mission reward items (Blueprints from bosses, etc).

Hopefully this clears stuff up.

I LOVE YOU DE.

This, on the other hand, seems incredibly harsh. What about people who have to go to the bathroom or make a phone call, and make the effort to notify their team about it? Losing every single reward because something briefly came up is an exceptionally painful punishment for something that is very often innocent.

I suggest that this change be completely replaced with something like:

- When a player is AFK for over a minute, teammates can vote on whether to disqualify them from end-of-mission rewards (default controls: F1, F2?). If teammates do not vote or if the voting is even, the AFK player will not be disqualified.
- Players do not gain Affinity while dead. Players who spend over 50% of the time dead during a Defense round / Interception round / 5-min Survival segment will not receive rewards for that round.

Simple as that. No risk of punishing innocent players who just have to go pee, and discourages players from laying dead in a fair way.

DE... Look.

good idea.

A suggestion that would actually work if implemented.

A system that both offers a solution to a problem, and is difficult to abuse if the player takes action, rather than completely leaving him at the mercy of others in the team as a "vote to kick" option would. 

Look at it!

Good, that sounds much more reasonable, thank you for clarifying, Rebecca.

Well, me and my buddies all made it to extraction after 50 minutes, and still didn't get rewards. So all this did was make us waste 50 minutes...

So it's making the AFK for 1 minute flag you as permanently unable to get completion rewards? That's messed up. I can't think of any other reason why it would make a whole squad not get rewards if they all went to extraction right?

So funny, so pathetic....

No more easy T4 (it's not a bad thing with the new key cycle system incoming).

But...seriously? 1 min and no rewards? are you out of your mind DE!? this is so stupid....it's hilarious, you really don't know anything about gameplay and nature calls : "honey? why is your desktop chair smell that bad!?" / "i'm sorry my dear, needed to pee, was in defense, no one could revive me or we would have lost the pod, and if i had taken this chance to do a wc break : no rewards for me!...the smartest thing to do was to pee on myself!"

And no new syndicats mods? really? sucha big update ... really.

New staff weapon , yaaaay!!!! cause of course everyone wanted that....truth is : we don't give a F*CK about this weapon!

What about f*cked up rotation c rewards? what about all those others REALLY important things you need to fix?

Such a nice start for 2015... 

this means the anti AFK feature is designed NOT TO WORK in the only missions with AFKers and Leechers

this will enjoy the new mass of social low level players, they will be not in wait for them which are a bit back and tell them that they are too slow, good move, de, absolutely ununderstandable

i would accept the new rule if the people which are able to reach the goal get less rewards in all directions for every lost player, but i cant read this !

i have to mention in the sweetest way that "waiting at extraction" means now off the timecounter, if not, guys, you - which im especially aiming to which arent teamplayers in a coop game - will get teached in words about cause and effect =))

thats a promise and i will more then enjoy it ... everything else except the new way to sell new weapons is ok for me ... (according to the lotus-picture in the second posting in this thread)

de, please, stay fair in what you basicly created ... f2p (even that im a plat-player, i have to mention that)

Edited by some_tenno

What a change is that??? If you're punishing players who ended revives you should then at least introduce an option to buy revives in game.

You are seriously telling me that if I die after 63 minutes of survival I'll lose all the rewards at 99%? Really guys, I'm sorry but what were you thinking??

Exactly, this will affect those hard earned long runs after being so active for the rest for that 59 mins and died on the 60th min run w/ no revives. Good example would be those hard workers that activates life support while others are just camping and go with pewpew macros.

This is seriously not thought well -_-