The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About 75% I Have Been Noticing Something , If This Is True I Am Disgusted..

NickBoay

But bro listen to yourself. Do you REALLY think that's happening? Lmfao. Like do you honestly believe that's something that would every be done?

People don't come to the Forums to get mocked. He has a genuine concern, may not know how Warframe works like we do, so he asked his question in hopes for an answer. Not a mocking.

Edited by PickleMonster21

People don't come to the Forums to get mocked. He has a genuine concern, may not know how Warframe works like we do, so he asked his question in hopes for an answer. Not a mocking.

I think he should be grateful he's getting something that's so rare for others. 

He stated that he already has everything, so... I don't know whether that indicates he plays this game or not to you...?

Either way, the thing sounds a little ridiculous. Conspiracy or not, truth or faux, it's 75% off for plat.

Lots of cognitive dissonance here, if you can't argue, just mock the guy, he'll probably go away...  how vhildish, how ironic. :/

I and a lot of my clanmates have noticed that the "RNG" were biased has we often got a discount after a week or two being disconnected from WF, of course people connected 24/7 won't notice that.

RNG in the login reward are not as random as you'd like to think...

Edited by kebra

He stated that he already has everything, so... I don't know whether that indicates he plays this game or not to you...?

Either way, the thing sounds a little ridiculous. Conspiracy or not, truth or faux, it's 75% off for plat.

Okay, true. But okay. You be put into his position. He's not complaining about GETTING the coupons. He's complaining about NOT getting them in a wealthier country as frequently as he did when he was in a poorer country.

He simply wants to know, is there a reason that he manages to get 3 in a week in a poorer country, opposed to never in a more wealthier one.

And so far, people have given mixed answers, not to mention the mockery that hasn't helped a single bit. Again, the Forums are here to help people. Not mock them. Forums are here for people to ask questions (as well as other things) about things THEY ARE NOT SURE OF. If he knew the answer to what he was asking, why would he be asking it? And by his responses to your troll comments, this is not a troll post.

Regardless of what he was asking, he shouldn't have been mocked and ridiculed for it.  That kind of behavior discourages anyone from asking questions in the future, just because they don't want to go through the same.  

Not to mention it gives Warframes forums a bad reputation and we could lose players over it.

Since christmas time me and my pals have been getting 75% discount to the point we simply believe it somehow it got broken, it's like 5 times in a row and a day doesn't go by without one of us with the 75% discount appearing.

It's nearly more common than anything else.

Considering we never got discounts this high for months before december, i do believe they did indeed changed something, but i don't believe it's based on the country, but i can be wrong, depends on the input from US players i guess, how many 75% discounts did you get from 1st of december until today?

His theory might not be that insane, afterall chinese (or was it japanese?) players got fireworks and 75% discounts as a reward a while ago.

Many of the players from other countries crave for 75% discounts but haven't got any, while me and a few other players from Portugal barely even make any use out of the 75% discounts, simply because they appear nearly every single day since december, if we don't buy plat now, we can buy it tomorrow or the day after that. (yes it's that common)

Edited by KIREEKPSO

What does happen instead is that if you log in occasionally, your chances to get 75% discount is way more likelier because the log-in pool for 2 days in a row instead of the next 5 days in a row or 7 days in a row is much smaller, yet that 75% discount is in all of the pools. So ironically if you are active in the log ins, you will pay " penalty " from daily log-ins wheres if you casually log-in to play this game, then you will be " rewarded " from doing so.

EDIT: On a side note, me being an active player. I have never received 75% discount from platinum till this very day we are speaking off of. Not even once and I have only gotten 50% discount twice, one of which was a month or so ago I have been here from almost the very first day of open beta and daily too.

Meanwhile others posted here and other posts that they get semi frequently them, some even getting 5 times a year it seems so there is a great deal of luck and randomness there as well. Sometimes I wish so hard there would be some sort of backup net for those who are active and do not get those awesome discounts but oh well, I have never been particularly lucky fellow anyways so what am I going to do other than accept that this is how it goes.

The randomness is noticeable very easily, any sort of discount has been very rare for me but after I came back from my Christmas holiday, I have been getting 20% discounts like there is no tomorrow, heck I got that those discounts from 3 consecutive in a row. So there definitely is that level or randomness there too.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

You should know by now OP, the community likes to belittle and use thinly veiled insults (like you saw many in this thread), for various reaons. A lot. So making that kind of thread, which is basically just asking for it, is not the best of ideas. Just saying.^^'

The two people I know who get 75% discounts all the time live in countries that fit the op's description. 

Maybe it's not as much of a conspiracy as some people are making it out to be. It can't be rng at this point because they've both received 3 75% discounts this year, and they've consistently received around 2 per week for months now.

Edited by Watlok

Since Christmas I get several 75% discounts per week. I got a lot of them before but I think something broke since this is waaaay too much. 2 this week so far and after Christmas it was up to 3-4 in a week. Odds of that are insanely low... so something has to be weighted in some way.

Okay, true. But okay. You be put into his position. He's not complaining about GETTING the coupons. He's complaining about NOT getting them in a wealthier country as frequently as he did when he was in a poorer country.

He simply wants to know, is there a reason that he manages to get 3 in a week in a poorer country, opposed to never in a more wealthier one.

And so far, people have given mixed answers, not to mention the mockery that hasn't helped a single bit. Again, the Forums are here to help people. Not mock them. Forums are here for people to ask questions (as well as other things) about things THEY ARE NOT SURE OF. If he knew the answer to what he was asking, why would he be asking it? And by his responses to your troll comments, this is not a troll post.

finnaly! people with brains have arrived +1

You got the flow of 75% around end of year? i got a lot of them, its obviously a calendar related comercial move, the previous 8 months i got 75% once, bought it, then didnt get anymore till end of year

im from southamerica, that says enough xD

Edited by rockscl

I live in low developing country and the longest 75% streak was at the very least 4 75% discounts in a row; probably more; get a 2 day 75% discount, get normal login reward until discount expires, get another 75% discount, repeat. It's so stupid that it's becoming predictable now. Clanmates all come in the same country and most of the active ones get so many 75% coupons that it's normal and laughable when anyone mentions getting a 75% coupon.

"But it's RNG"

It's possible that it's RNG. RNG that resulted in a valuable reward being given every time it's possible. A reward that's supposed to have low weight in the login pool.

Conspiracy or not, this is makes complete sense business wise. Poor nations with different purchasing power and income? Here, have a constant stream of 75% discounts so you could save up cash and get plat.

Conspiracy or not, this is makes complete sense business wise. Poor nations with different purchasing power and income? Here, have a constant stream of 75% discounts so you could save up cash and get plat.

Exactly. This is actually a common business practice in video games. It's one reason why some games are region locked so that games that are heavily discounted in low income regions are not bought in bulk and then sold in the U.S. for a profit. 

This thread is disgusting alright. it's disgusting that someone in a first world country is complaining that someone in a developing country is getting a discount on VIRTUAL currency in a VIRTUAL video game. This is an example of first world problems at the extreme.

And I speak as someone living in the U.S.

I would not be surprised if the probabilities were biased in favor of certain countries. Many university textbook publishers sell books in the United States for well over $100, but they offer versions in other countries for sometimes less than $20.

I don't know if there is geographical bias or not, but I can tell you that I've been playing this game for about a year and I've never seen a 75% coupon. I'm in the United States.

It's unforunate but I don't think DE understand the disparity of wealth in both developed and developed countries. That sucks for us; But I suppose they don't need too. Generalizing this way and offering discounts to those in poorer nations is economically sound. 

Just wish I had a 75% off once. I'm a student. If it's not 50% off or more then purchase isn't feasible for me. 

Then again I could be the son of a rich billionaire from the developing world consistently getting huge discounts. (sadly, I am not) 

Currently in america

Have yet to see a 75%

Can remember 2-3 50%

Have gotten at least 10 20% this month

Same, same and same for me.

I'd sooner believe this is just confirmation bias at work and nothing more. 

Though, as people have said, it is possible.   I mean, look at prescription drugs.  In the US, the same drug will almost always cost more here than anywhere...because...you know, they can charge that apparently plus other "reasons".

However, it would seem a heck of a lot easier, and more straight forward, to just just base the plat price off of local currency/value and use the same RNG for everyone.