Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is Why We Need A Vote Kick Option.

shatteredwings

Summary:

A few clanmates and I decides to play some T3 Survival to try and get a Nova Prime Chassis. We needed a fourth, so the host went to recruiting chat and found a radial disarm Loki. So pretty much a basic team. We went in and started playing as we normally would. However, after a few minutes we noticed that our Loki was nowhere to be found. On the minimap it showed him off in some other area. We really didn't mind so we left him be. As things started to get harder, we asked in chat where he was and how we needed some help. We got no response from him. So, we decided to try and find him. To our surprise, he wasn't on the map, in fact, it showed him outside the map. That's when I started to record the game.

http://youtu.be/_SUT2W9dXnk

Video Summary:

Shows the player outside of the map. For anyone that is possibly going to comment "He probably got glitched out!". The video cuts to the end, showing the player standing at extraction with us. 

---------------

Honestly DE, this is total BS. We invited this player to help us and all he did was exploit some kind of glitch to get outside of the map, walk around and then come to extract to reap the rewards. If this player was stuck, then we wouldn't have cared, it happens. The fact is that he wasn't stuck, otherwise he would've told us that he got stuck. 

Perhaps this is an extreme case and rarely happens, but the fact that is did happen is enough ground to show why we need a voting system. I don't care if you think people will abuse it. If you have to, make it only accessible in Void missions, where teamwork is needed. Make it that a player may only call a successful vote on another once a day. Seriously, there are lots of ways to go about it that would combat trolling and general abuse.

Edited by shatteredwings
Naming and shaming

Take the players name out, naming a player is against forum rules.  Contact support and report the player, send the video of the game as proof but don't try to call them out on the forums.

Also, DE has said they don't want to put a Votekick in place due to abuse concerns.  

Personally, I think players should be able to put someone on ignore and never be matched with them again.  It's not as fast as a votekick but it lasts longer and, I believe, provides a better option.

Edited by Noamuth

Go to region chat... see racists, immature brats, spammers and trolls as far as the eye can see. NOW tell me adding kick vote into the game is a good idea?

We all get burned but then we all learn your rarer keys should not be exposed to unknown randoms, its asking for trouble.

no amount of A****** players will ever justify a votekick system because a votekick system is far more abusable than anything you have experienced. if you've played a lot of L4D2 then you know why. people will call kickvotes specifically to grief other players.

First off, how about you actually read the post instead of just using you copy/paste skills. I named a few ways for them to implement a voting system that would combat abuse.

Take the players name out, naming a player is against forum rules.

Also, DE has said they don't want to put a Votekick in place due to abuse concerns.  

Personally, I think players should be able to put someone on ignore and never be matched with them again.  It's not as fast as a votekick but it lasts longer and, I believe, provides a better option.

Yes and those concerns are unfounded. Many games have voting systems and the more flushed out ones have little to no abuse. Every play Diablo 3 when it came out? Sure there were voting problems. Have you played it recently? They changed the system so that it's pointless to abuse.

It's the difference between how much good will be made over how much evil will come of it. Voting systems allow more good than bad, sure there will always be those few people that will try and abuse it, but the majority won't.

Host could have simply left the game -saving the key- and remake the lobby...

wasnt it easier and faster?

Eh, only if you notice it in the first five minutes (which I can understand not happening, the first five minutes are hardly strenuous), after that, you're basically locked in - aborting results in key loss after the first reward's offered last I checked.

Edited by Taranis49

First off, how about you actually read the post instead of just using you copy/paste skills. I named a few ways for them to implement a voting system that would combat abuse.

Yes and those concerns are unfounded. Many games have voting systems and the more flushed out ones have little to no abuse. Every play Diablo 3 when it came out? Sure there were voting problems. Have you played it recently? They changed the system so that it's pointless to abuse.

It's the difference between how much good will be made over how much evil will come of it. Voting systems allow more good than bad, sure there will always be those few people that will try and abuse it, but the majority won't.

Not to sound too cynical, but, you must be new to Warframe.  DE is awesome but they don't have the best track record for well thought out systems.  

My concerns are not unfounded, I've been on the receiving end of votekick abuse in multiple games, ones with well fleshed out votekick systems that make it pointless to abuse.  Regardless of how pointless it is to abuse the feature, you will find players that do it just for amusement or for the sake of being petty.  

DE's trying to do something different with their game and they don't want vote kick to be a part of it.

Eh, only if you notice it in the first five minutes (which I can understand not happening, the first five minutes are hardly strenuous), after that, you're basically locked in - aborting results in key loss after the first reward's offered last I checked.

Nope, unless I missed a patch note up date.  The key is not consumed even after the first reward simply due to disconnection issues.  I've had the host drop at Wave 35 before and they kept the key.

Nope, unless I missed a patch note up date.  The key is not consumed even after the first reward simply due to disconnection issues.  I've had the host drop at Wave 35 before and they kept the key.

I've lost many keys after a certain amount of time passes. I'm not sure what to say about you personally, but I've had it happen to me a lot of times to me and also a few clanmates.

I've lost many keys after a certain amount of time passes. I'm not sure what to say about you personally, but I've had it happen to me a lot of times to me and also a few clanmates.

Might want to talk to Support and get an official statement either direction.  My understanding was that DE made it so the host kept the key no matter how long the team stayed due to connection issues.

Might want to talk to Support and get an official statement either direction.  My understanding was that DE made it so the host kept the key no matter how long the team stayed due to connection issues.

That's the problem "connection issues". That's not the same as aborting a mission. So the only way to keep your key is to unplug your ethernet cable, basically.

Edited by shatteredwings

That's the problem "connection issues". That's not the same as aborting a mission. So the only way to keep your key is to unplug your ethernet cable, basically.

"Connection issues" was the reason that feature was put into the game, yes.  But AFAIK is doesn't differentiate between a DC and a quit.  Again, might talk to Support to get a definite answer. 

He didnt glitch out of the map, there is a room above in the corner, so he just hid there for the entire time.

This. I had a player do this, confronted him and he said this "why should I do the work other people can do for me?" I printscreened and sent it to support.

That feel when people go into recruit chat to get other players to mark them so that they can make stalker farming easier.

Could always set it up so you have to submit a written reason for the negative review and possibly provide a screenshot.  Make it at least a 24-36 hr wait before uploading the info.

I understand DE doesn't want to implement a votekick system, but since this new AFK systems been put in, I've seen more people gaming it than ever. Was doing an invasion, the match started on a grineer tile where you have to jump down to start the mission and one of the players just started walking to the left, and stayed that way, trying to run into a wall for a bit before I just left.

i read the post. basically you're butthurt about a guy who popped out of the map somehow to leech your key. vote kick as a player controlled option is something which would be abused, probably by people just like you. don't like a player? kick em! not "good enough" ? kick em! don't like their colors? kick em. something should be done, yes, but a votekick option is absolutely not the way to go.

You are wrong. DE changed it long time ago because people could just restart mission if they haven't got the part they wanted on whatever time/wave mark resulting in 1 key = 1 part you wanted which is obviously bad for grind.

Edited by Repligon

Now if you want to kick player for lobby you are forced to abort and reinvite whole group again without this specific player.

" Votekick would abuse players "

MR system is already doing it.

Everyone just keep farming and building new stuff without focusing on particular weapon/warframe and then on recruiting almost all people demand you to be MR 10+, because they think that someone who has crafted more gear is better than others. This do not work this way and almost 90 % of people on recruitng cant understand that fact.You can have MR 8 and maxed all mods and you can be MR 18 and have all mods on R7. You have no idea about other player gear, number of formas, stats other than that is on 30 lvl. Some players can be more skilled than others. Some players can cooperate with group some of them prefer lone wolf rambo style and keep dying on the second end of the map. and after 3rd revive they do not get up.

We can kick specific player by aborting a mission and reinvite whole group so it's not like we would abuse other players becasue we already can do it .But if someone goes with Mag on ODD/ODS and you want to explain him that Mag is the last warframe in game which you should take against infested and he tell you that he wont change her  what would you  do ?. Would you really go with this player on 40 min ODS ? + the fact that he has no Qt and vitality only redirection ? Those 225 HP points are nothing against toxin dmg.
There is 18 warframes which can do 10x more than mag on infested. Mag is great warframe but if enemies do not have shield she has very low Dmg output, and cant privide any type of CC. You could take slow/fast nova, necros, rhino, trinity, saryn, ember etc. but definietly not Mag.

Back in time DE wanted to introduce some kind of "Honor" system where we could "Honor" good player for cooperation, help, etc.I hadnt seen this system in other form that bugged reward menu on the mission end after update 12 or 13 i dont remember..

Honoring would abuse players too ?

We need some kind of indicator and people now only use this MR which only indicates how many gear you have crafted.