Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking At The Panthera Paper-Stats I'm Horrified.

Shehriazad

PSA: the 'on-paper' stats are changing in the next Hotfix. The Update notes will have full details, but you can expect damage numbers and Status chance to increase (and a few other things).

^ this potential increase is permanent yes?

i dont want to get teased with really good stats, enjoy the weapon, then just have it taken away from me later on because too many players use it because its fun

Gotta ask, is the new way of doing things just releasing a weapon then balancing it later?

Someone did state in a Dev Stream last year that they would rather release things a little underpowered than overpowered.  The community as a whole tend to respond to buffs a lot better than nerfs.   

PSA: the 'on-paper' stats are changing in the next Hotfix. The Update notes will have full details, but you can expect damage numbers and Status chance to increase (and a few other things).

Talking about increasing numbers on weapons.

The AkLato still has 6 less damage than the single variant. Since update 14. Please tell Scott to throw that number increase into the patch too.

Edited by Othergrunty

It's perfectly okay to release a weapon that seems underpowered and then tweaking it after feedback. That's actually why you have a section named "weapon feedback subforums".

But then people can't complain about being ignored or 'X sucks on paper so it sucks totally' or whatnot.

It is not like the game is about having FUN or anything stupid like that, now is it?

Frankly? I MUCH prefer them to add an UNDERpowered weapon and then add power to it rather than the reverse. I THINK they learned their lesson with Boltor Prime. (Hope so anyway)

I enjoyed the Khom before the buff for the sheer baddass feel of spraying a room and watching things melt. A minigun that fired shotgun pellets. What was not to love?

I assume this weapon will also get better. I DO want a zoom though. Such great accuracy with no zoom feels... off.

Edited by Kalenath

A terrible weapon that requires 2 other weapons to craft, and actually those 2 weapons have better stats, market price --> 225 plat.

A lot of farming is needed to craft the Mitter which is actually terrible it self and not even worth the trouble.

Tipedo 125 plat and so worth having.

Tipedo is so worth it.

Please, oh please tell me that it will also no longer cost five ammo to fire one saw!

It is not really opinion based when there are similar weapons for comparison and how the Beta Testers see them. Also IMHO it is not opinion based when a weapon requires a more powerful one to craft, and that "more powerful one" is considered pretty weak (especially when you consider how it is obtained) by most of the Beta Testers.

I don't want to advance myself too much with the criticism, but a number of weapons additions make me feel like the weapons team is completely disconnected from IG experience.

Sort of how beta works? Perhaps unfamiliar with the concept.

It's perfectly okay to release a weapon that seems underpowered and then tweaking it after feedback. That's actually why you have a section named "weapon feedback subforums".

It's not like the idea is bad, but relying on players like that exclude their own design creativeness, why is there developpers if the players are the one who make the weapons (stats)

Edited by Mokkania

I wish I could have been in on the developer conversation that ended with this weapon's design and stats. While I realize that there' are gaps to fill in the weapon power spectrum, and assuming that this was meant to fill the weak-to-okay slot, then why would you make players farm one of the tougher star-chart boss battles for parts for a weapon as a component which arguably fills the same or higher slot in the spectrum?

This prevents players working with that low-to-mid range arsenal from acquiring the pieces they need to build the weapon, and limiting access to players who don't need it in the first place.

Do the game designers play Warframe? I can't understand how those who should be gameplay veterans arrive at conclusions like this.

Someone did state in a Dev Stream last year that they would rather release things a little underpowered than overpowered.  The community as a whole tend to respond to buffs a lot better than nerfs.   

I'd respond better if they actually followed through with the buffs and didn't leave weapons like the Paracryst hanging.

They're asking for your opinion. Be happy.

But they purposely release a bad weapon and they know the community will pick it apart then they will buff it. Why is it so hard to aim for the balanced ground right away?

Also why don't they listen to us on the rest of the weapons need of a check? :/ Weapons that's just been left to die for a looooooong time.

I'm gonna guess they are going to go overboard with the buffs making this weapon insane. It's what happened with Kohm.

Please, oh please tell me that it will also no longer cost five ammo to fire one saw!

Please, oh please tell me that the Miter will get some love with it as well (doubt it tho, she's been ingame for too long to matter IMHO)

They're asking for your opinion. Be happy.

I am hoping I dont sound purely confrontational Einde (which I swear it is not the intention), but when a company doesnt ask for or pays heed to opinions their customers (or in this case, their Beta Testers) will voice them much more strongly to other prospect customers. I am not saying that DE does or doesnt do this, my comment is purely my thoughts on yours.

Seeing as the Miter is one of my favourite (if most infrequently-used) weapons, I was excited to see something similar pop up. I thought that with the crafting requirements the Panthera would be an upgrade to the Miter, but alas it was worse in every way.

What I would have preferred to see is a fully-automatic left mouse button functionality that sprays uncharged Miter saw blades at a high rate of fire, with a right mouse button functionality that zoomed in and charged the saw blade.

What I would have preferred to see is a fully-automatic left mouse button functionality that sprays uncharged Miter saw blades at a high rate of fire, with a right mouse button functionality that zoomed in and charged the saw blade.

That would have been awesome. Well, except that I would probably dump the charge altogether and keep the normal zooming.

if this was meant to refer to the alt-fire buff you gave it  then it doesn't cut even close to the kind of buff this weapon need. 

But they purposely release a bad weapon and they know the community will pick it apart then they will buff it. Why is it so hard to aim for the balanced ground right away?

Also why don't they listen to us on the rest of the weapons need of a check? :/ Weapons that's just been left to die for a looooooong time.

I'm gonna guess they are going to go overboard with the buffs making this weapon insane. It's what happened with Kohm.

Because balanced for one is OP for another and UNDERpowered for still another.

I HAVE seen people say that BOLTOR PRIME is UNDERpowered. *facepalm*

DE CANNOT please everyone. This gives them the chance to get feedback and use that it try and figure out what people want instead of trying to be psychic and just KNOW what is wanted. (That doesn't work too well most of the time)

The weapon is not bad. it has strengths and weaknesses. Of course, if you assume it is a reskinned Boltor Prime like so may seem to WANT, yes... You are GOING to be disappointed.

Edited by Kalenath

^ this potential increase is permanent yes?

i dont want to get teased with really good stats, enjoy the weapon, then just have it taken away from me later on because too many players use it because its fun

By that logic DE would nerf soma and boltor prime

A lot of the complaints I'm hearing are just illogical

'why can't DE just release weapons that are non-S#&$ty'

They did, it was called the Tipedo

Apparently some of you have never been in video game design or remotely understand how it works, when DE made this weapon, it probably at the time seemed either good, or they were afraid of making it too good, it's easy to think something will be too strong or too weak or just fine until you put it into the game, and get feedback.

DE clearly has decided from the data and feedback they got, that it's too weak and needs some loving.

And for the record? The alt fire is ludicrously satisfying to use

Edited by NocturneOfSolace