Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Prime Buff In Line With Other Primes

TTie

i'm still against primes getting a buff compared to normal frames, but if it's something small it's not really a problem, glad that everyone got what they wanted without pulling a volt prime stunt

volt is in dire need of one too there's absolutely no coerence in his kit, every ability builds of different stats, and either it needs a stat buff or volt prime needs a nerf, i would also say that ember  needs a throught look at again, specially world on fire

All Volt really needs is for his armor and energy to be put a little closer in line to his prime version. The prime can be better, but it shouldn't be THAT much better. And the regular volt just has absolutely pitiful armor. 

As for his abilities? I actually find them to be perfectly coherent. All they really need to do is make light fixtures regenerate after a short period or something, so Overload can be effective more than just once in one big area.

BUT... Overload and Shock aren't really about doing damage that much anyway, I think that's misunderstanding his purpose. His damage scales horribly, but those stuns always keep working. From Shock AND Overload. Electric Shield provides protection and gun buff for team. And he gives speed buff for melee and running etc. 

What I'm saying is, Volt is a buff frame with some crowd control, and if you look at it from that perspective, he's a perfectly balanced warframe with a logical kit that's easy to mod for. I have no trouble modding him at all honestly. 

I do think it is ridiculous how far Volt is from Volt Prime though. 

Volt Prime's energy and armor can still be higher, and should be, but not THAT much higher. Maybe bump regular Volt's armor up to like 65-85 (or somewhere in that range) or something and his energy up to like 225 at max rank (the same energy as vauban, limbo etc.). Volt Prime would still have higher values, but it wouldn't make regular Volt obsolete or make it such an absurd discrepancy. 

The Founders always want more because many of them feel entitled, honesty 25 armor may seem small till you compare it to the Second and Third Prime frames (Frost/Mag) who only got the Death Orb ability.

So to me that buff was far more then Excal Prime deserved without a complete re-release.

frost and mag have yet to be reworked. comparing the NOW reworked excal to the soon to be reworked frost is kinda stupid. before this week all excal prime had was the death orb thing. also it is very small. it literally wouldn't make too much of a difference unless someone specifically wanted to try a tank build with excal prime, to which there are better frames for that role. i personally think that excal in general needs a movement speed buff to make him more agile since even with berzerker fully proc'd you aren't going anywhere with aerial melee or coptering. and slash dash seems to lack momentum for some reason if you point it vertically

The Founders always want more because many of them feel entitled, honesty 25 armor may seem small till you compare it to the Second and Third Prime frames (Frost/Mag) who only got the Death Orb ability.

So to me that buff was far more then Excal Prime deserved without a complete re-release.

Nyx Prime got a small armor boost too just 35 more armor than regular and that was it. 

Yes movement speed is more viable compare to armor. Thats all I am saying.

(Agile Swordsman runs slower than Tanky Rhino)

Well, he's technically a knight. Or a sword...King Arthur and all that. Also technically Excalibur shares the same speed as Rhino Prime. It's just that a ton of people use the Arcane Vanguard. 

I do find it weird though that 1.0 speed is considered slow. Mmm.

1.0 is quite slow due to the fact you cannot copter with EB and waves do not Lifesteal while only doing only small amounts of damage.
That speed upgrade can really help close up the gap thats all.

And since auto parry is on EB I run out of Stamina pretty much instantly unable to sprint.
DIE STAMINA. IT NEEDS TO DIE.

1.0 is quite slow due to the fact you cannot copter with EB and waves do not Lifesteal while only doing only small amounts of damage.

That speed upgrade can really help close up the gap thats all.

And since auto parry is on EB I run out of Stamina pretty much instantly unable to sprint.

DIE STAMINA. IT NEEDS TO DIE.

stamina will be removed sheesh, nobody listens to DE. Waves are not meant to use life steal, they are only benefiting from raw damage mods and strength. Upgrading its speed wont give you wave life steal lol. Coptering is just fine with EB, its the animation that is slow, not the distance it travels.

stamina will be removed sheesh, nobody listens to DE. Waves are not meant to use life steal, they are only benefiting from raw damage mods and strength. Upgrading its speed wont give you wave life steal lol. Coptering is just fine with EB, its the animation that is slow, not the distance it travels.

Re-read what I wrote.

I know stamina will be removed(Thank god).

Yes waves don't inherited anything but damage(Sheesh)

Upgrading speed won't give me life steal god.(It's to CLOSE the GAP before taking too much damage and dying.)

Coptering is not fine with EB...(If the animation is slow,It's generally going to be slow-er)

Re-read what I wrote.

I know stamina will be removed(Thank god).

Yes waves don't inherited anything but damage(Sheesh)

Upgrading speed won't give me life steal god.(It's to CLOSE the GAP before taking too much damage and dying.)

Coptering is not fine with EB...(If the animation is slow,It's generally going to be slow-er)

then why do you complain if you already know all that? for the sake of complaining? You guys will never be satisfied, you specifically, neither with excal rework, neither with excal prime buff. If you already know all that stuff why are you complaining? Go post some feedback dont complain like if excal should mold to your preferences and do what you want him to do. Distance traveled is the same, animation is just slower, not by consequence is slower. I can have animation speed 0.1 and travel speed 1, while it looks like im giving a step, i actually moved 1 unit of distance (whatever DE uses)

Some people will never be satisfied with nothing.

then why do you complain if you already know all that? for the sake of complaining? You guys will never be satisfied, you specifically, neither with excal rework, neither with excal prime buff. If you already know all that stuff why are you complaining? Go post some feedback dont complain like if excal should mold to your preferences and do what you want him to do. Distance traveled is the same, animation is just slower, not by consequence is slower. I can have animation speed 0.1 and travel speed 1, while it looks like im giving a step, i actually moved 1 unit of distance (whatever DE uses)

I'm not complaining.

It's called expressing my opinion and suggesting(If any DE reads this).

No by what I was given Excalibur should be agile swordsman thats all I am saying.

Why get so aggressive?

Reduce the temperature of your mammary regions. Sheesh.

It isn't a founder thing. I think Excal should be faster too, in general - because in warframe, slow melee attacker is dead melee attacker, unless they're Valkyr or something.

Reduce the temperature of your mammary regions. Sheesh.

It isn't a founder thing. I think Excal should be faster too, in general - because in warframe, slow melee attacker is dead melee attacker, unless they're Valkyr or something.

he shouldnt be faster. he is named by the sword of a knight, a knight uses heavy armor. Excalibur is not some ninja/samurai. He is good as he is. 

Problem is you guys will always complain and want more and more. I never said it was a founder thing, he already complains in other places about excal P. Im talking about his complains about EB and speed/waves. Learn to read, is not that hard, not for a normal person, at least. 

Edited by Rayden_Tenno

he shouldnt be faster. he is named by the sword of a knight, a knight uses heavy armor. Excalibur is not some ninja/samurai. He is good as he is. 

Problem is you guys will always complain and want more and more. I never said it was a founder thing, he already complains in other places about excal P. Im talking about his complains about EB and speed/waves. Learn to read, is not that hard, not for a normal person, at least. 

Oh my god. Only one person here is complaining and it's you.

We are just expressing our opinions and suggesting something.Holy shizt.

Why are you so aggresive?

Also Excalibur named by the sword of a KING give him a crown.

And it was a magical blade...(At least called one.)

Tell that to DE giving Skana Prime which looks like a machete.

And that normal EB that looks like a long curved twig.

I have great idea.

Want to buff exca?? then say out loud you would be ok with making him available to everyone.

It would be fair to everyone, you would prove youre no elitist, you would get your buff.

Edited by Davoodoo

Oh my god. Only one person here is complaining and it's you.

We are just expressing our opinions and suggesting something.Holy shizt.

Why are you so aggresive?

complaining about what? the only thing i see everywhere is people complaining about the new excalibur.

Doesnt matter if its complains about excal prime or complains about excal new mechanics and ability. His 4th is still very much bugged, but the waves arent intended to use life strike, his speed is just as good cuz naming it in one way doesnt force one to also design him in a similar way (appearance).

You haven't said not one constructive opinion, just complaints about how excal is not working the way you want. Put some Constructive opinions.

Speed should be buffed when using exalted blade.

Waves should benefit from life steal (which most deffinitly shouldnt)

And whatever else you want. But by saying omgrolflol waves dun benefitz from life steal and my spid is not gud enough, you are complaining.

Normal Excalibur need a buff to his stats and he got that with armour although I would have said boost speed or health abit or a passive which has not been confirmed. However Excalibur prime should get a buff to the stats aswell but yes they should be more than the normal Excalibur like the armour buff which is only like 2 percent difference. I believe it should work like that as he's a prime and all primes get are upgrades and founders did put money into the game which there was no information to if it would be a permanent game or a fail project that was the risk and why founders keep the prime and why DE keep him unobtainable. Pay to win ? Not really Excalibur prime back then had no advantage at all until now meaning it's was not pay to win it was cosmetic

Excalibur Prime is not obtainable for a really long time, so if he will got a big buff then it wont be fair to other players because they CAN'T get better version of excal, because when they player Warframe 2 years ago they didn't had a money to buy Founder Pack or their country pay too low money for job. In my Country Poland I got for a month of work around 1600zł for 10 hours work 6 days in a week (saturday 6-8Hours) and 50Euro = 200zł. So yeah for me it was excpensive and I didn't knowed then yet that Warframe will get me to play it for 2 years and it will be a preety good game. Other people that joined a game after Founder pack has been removed, is not fair too, because they didn't knowed that there is somekind of a game Warframe or they didn't like to play it because they play only FULL versions of a game and they had info from friend that Warframe is a Beta but for real its already maded game, so he started to play this game.

Put yourself in non Founder packs people that really like Excalibur he is his favourite, and Excalibur Prime get huge buff, and they need to play the weaker version of it.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

complaining about what? the only thing i see everywhere is people complaining about the new excalibur.

Doesnt matter if its complains about excal prime or complains about excal new mechanics and ability. His 4th is still very much bugged, but the waves arent intended to use life strike, his speed is just as good cuz naming it in one way doesnt force one to also design him in a similar way (appearance).

You haven't said not one constructive opinion, just complaints about how excal is not working the way you want. Put some Constructive opinions.

Speed should be buffed when using exalted blade.

Waves should benefit from life steal (which most deffinitly shouldnt)

And whatever else you want. But by saying omgrolflol waves dun benefitz from life steal and my spid is not gud enough, you are complaining.

At this point you're the only one getting so worked up over this without posting any constructive opinions. No one actually said what your weak strawman in the last line is saying. It's starting to sound as if the only thing you'll consider "constructive" is "Everything is fine as is!" without any further analysis.

So either quit raging and start actually practicing what you preach, or stop opposing everything just for the sake of being a contrarian. This is not helping actual discussion about Excalibur's kit.

Actually, I like the look of Exalted Blade and the Skanas, but that's just me.

That said, this should really be in the Excal Rework Megathread, because the staff actually read that.

Nah, the other primes should be nerfed to be in line with him, so they're all sidegrades and/or cosmetic choices.

THIS! maybe we could buff the base frames instead tho, if we exclude volt prime is still a pretty minor thing in most frame's cases