Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Guys, his face is the faceplate UNDER the nozzle for the fire.

867c00c9fe705b3c05f2d41e3e861d5f.png

Not going to lie it looked fine orignally how I percived it now it just looks like a glorified horn on his head @_@.I think I will just stick to thinking that he looks like a BA Geth soldier from ME.sooooo I will just. . . .reject your reality and substitute it with my own bwahah XD.

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

I thought it was meant to be a dragon?

It looks like a ant eater and a bad version of one lol.

Name sounds female and sounds like crap.

Looks wierdly infested and does not look like a good warframe but closer to a boss i expect from the infested maybe raid wise?.

When i first heard about a dragon warframe and seeing your track record i expected.

9Evbgrk.jpg

Not a god dam ugly ant eater srsly de not happy with ya atm lol.O3Nrpto.jpg

Srsly this picture and then think infested and boom chroma is born.........

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

That's. . . actually how it works though. Also if that was a koi that would also be correct since the japanese believe if a koi can jump up a waterfall. INSTANT DRAGON.

Also, did you all actaully think he'd have scales? Why? Saryn molts and even she is has no scales. He has the same body textures as everyone before (Besides the ones taken literally that everyone was angry were so literal). The dragon resemblance, fine too. People saying this can i no way represent a dragon, good, cus it's a dragon frame. Rhino isn't a super clear rhino but everyone's fine with that cus he's swole. Honestly, if you couldn't look at all the previous frames that has some inspiration from an animal, and say you expected Endrian's dragon design. Then you are blind.

Did you seriously just try to suggest that this is somewhat dragon like? I can't even begin to comprehend what your mind is like to even be suggesting this. No, that's not how it works. Go to google and search dragon. See what you find. Go to wikipedia and search the same. I. I just can't believe you tried to say that. I guess whoever designed this farme thinks like you. I wouldn't call that normal. But, whatever. Let's just close this thread. Clearly there are some people here who literally consider anything and everything to be a dragon.

And just when I thought I could have some faith in humanity.....

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Chroma needs a MAJOR redesign, idc if it pushes back update 16. Here are some tips if they do redesign it:

STICK TO THE ******* CONCEPT ART

IF YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A SNOUT, PLACE IT CORRECTLY

MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A WARFRAME, NOT INFESTED.

Chroma needs a MAJOR redesign, idc if it pushes back update 16. Here are some tips if they do redesign it:

STICK TO THE ******* CONCEPT ART

Have to ask, stick to what concept art?

If your talking about the Dragon Fan Concept of the forums, that's not DE's concept art, they said "Dragon Themed" (Leaves a bit to be desired, I'll admit) not "Dragon Frame that is Rhino with scales and wings" (I really like that concept, but DE never said it was their inspiration from the dragon frame.) 

Did you seriously just try to suggest that this is somewhat dragon like? I can't even begin to comprehend what your mind is like to even be suggesting this. No, that's not how it works. Go to google and search dragon. See what you find. Go to wikipedia and search the same. I. I just can't believe you tried to say that. I guess whoever designed this farme thinks like you. I wouldn't call that normal. But, whatever. Let's just close this thread. Clearly there are some people here who literally consider anything and everything to be a dragon.

And just when I thought I could have some faith in humanity.....

do some research of your own. there are some WEIRD asian dragon designs out there that go back far into historic folklore. This guy resembles a sea dragon to me though, which is a clever take on 'dragon'. Coincidental that the next tileset is underwater? I think not.

do some research of your own. there are some WEIRD asian dragon designs out there that go back far into historic folklore. This guy resembles a sea dragon to me though, which is a clever take on 'dragon'. Coincidental that the next tileset is underwater? I think not.

Well you provide the images of these "WEIRD" asian dragon designs. Because I've seen old dragon designs, and they all tend to look very similar to each other. So the burden of proof is on you.

This could be a cool theme for a dragon frame :

an armadillo dragon ;)

tumblr_n971t0SRdd1qd688ho1_500.png

I'd like to see a Wolf themed frame next ^^

But please have heart (/MERCY) and don't take something like this as a model

brown-teacup-chihuahua.jpg

(technically it is a k9, so it has to be a descendant of wolf ... far, far away descendant)

Edited by tocorro

I love all the ant eater references, that's exactly what I thought Chroma looked like at first glance. xD
Can we just call this frame the Ant Eater warframe and then have the next Warframe be a Dragon Inspired frame? I remember seeing a awesome concept for a Shadow Dragon Frame a while back use that one.

Edited by (PS4)i_illusion

This could be a cool theme for a dragon frame :

an armadillo dragon ;)

tumblr_n971t0SRdd1qd688ho1_500.png

I'd like to see a Wolf themed frame next ^^

But please have heart (/MERCY) and don't take something like this as a model

chihuahua-04.jpg

(technically it is a k9, so it has to be a descendant of wolf ... far, far away descendant)

Even this is more dragon-like than Chroma.

I think DE should probably rename it rorschach frame cuz everyone sees something different in it (mostly not a dragon) XD

Personally, i see a pile of meat, an anteater with a beaver tail (sort of, or maybe a lobster tail?), with stumps on his back (what is it supposed to be ?).

I think the problem here, more than the fact that it doesn't look like a dragon obviously, is that everyone was expecting something "majestic", cuz that's what link most of the dragon concept we now of, whether european oriental or whatever.

Pretty sure this one is everything except majestic (maybe something we can all agree on, haters and fanboy?). Sure it's original, it doesn't look like anything. 

I'm not bothered by the fact that it doesn't look like a dragon, more by the fact that it's... In my opinion, well, ugly.

ijuo8.jpg

He is dragon-like and they will not change his design just because you guys wanted a rhino. Chroma's design is fine the way it is. He doesn't need to have the obvious dragonknight appearance that says "LOOK AT ME IMMA A DRAGON HURR" or to be bulky like rhino. He is a different type of "dragon" and subtle. With obvious original warframe traits.