The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Ive asked 6 friends of mine on skype who don't play warframe and none of them said that it looked like a dragon.

I choose not to believe that. I asked my little brother and he said it looked like a dragon crossed with a gorilla.

I choose not to believe that. I asked my little brother and he said it looked like a dragon crossed with a gorilla.

Please don't do this, We're just going to get each side saying

"I asked x and they said it looked y"

-snip-

Polls do not collect accurate information without people explaining their reasoning. period.

if i say i think the sky is pink, and a thousand other people say yes, that says nothing.

if i say i think the sky is pink and then we scientifically explain some Neural phenomenon that explains why i see the sky as pink when everyone else sees it a different color - then we have useful information.

just as food critics don't just say like or dislike when judging food. they explain what they like, what they dislike, and everything they're thinking about the food.

and that's why professional critics are considered to have a more valuable opinion than the average joe. they explain their thoughts.

worse still, on the internet, we all know how fairly common it is for people to randomly vote in Polls, vote for every possible opion in a Poll, or sometimes even spamming it from separate IP Addresses to multivote which opinion they think is more beneficial to them.

Polls do not collect accurate information without people explaining their reasoning. period.

if i say i think the sky is pink, and a thousand other people say yes, that says nothing.

if i say i think the sky is pink and then we scientifically explain some Neural phenomenon that explains why i see the sky as pink when everyone else sees it a different color - then we have useful information.

just as food critics don't just say like or dislike when judging food. they explain what they like, what they dislike, and everything they're thinking about the food.

and that's why professional critics are considered to have a more valuable opinion than the average joe. they explain their thoughts.

worse still, on the internet, we all know how fairly common it is for people to randomly vote in Polls, vote for every possible opion in a Poll, or sometimes even spamming it from separate IP Addresses to multivote which opinion they think is more beneficial to them.

Wow, you are full of it. BOTH ARE VALUABLE! It's useful to have an overall count AND explanations. If you get 50 explanations from ppl saying why it's great, but those are the only 50 ppl like it out of 1,000 then that's not all that helpful. If on the other hand you can ascribe statistical weights to opinions, that matters more. The explanations come from here, the stats from the poll.

And yes, some ppl will randomly click an answer, and since it's random, that will cancel out. If ppl are cheating by taking the poll from multiple IPs, that still doesn't change the results if everyone does it.

l2N4QVV.jpg?1

7b489b6b4601a584719cdc6be97826632d6cd40b

They have surpassed my expectations though..., and many other fans LOVE the new warframe. So the whole fans being failed is NOT true. Its more of a some love it, some hate it, and some are neutral, some don't care, and a LARGE number of Warframe players who NEVER watch pax, and NEVER come to the forums DON'T KNOW.

7b489b6b4601a584719cdc6be97826632d6cd40b

They have surpassed my expectations though..., and many other fans LOVE the new warframe. So the whole fans being failed is NOT true. Its more of a some love it, some hate it, and some are neutral, some don't care, and a LARGE number of Warframe players who NEVER watch pax, and NEVER come to the forums DON'T KNOW.

A plurality hate it. A majority hate it or think  "meh". A minority like it. A very small minority have no opinion.

http://strawpoll.me/3807541

unfortunately, liking or disliking the looks of it is subjective and no number of images of chats or whatever can prove who has more credible information.

It is subjective when it comes to liking/disliking, i agree.

....but., recognizing something is hardly subjective. If a "random" person can't see the theme of some character by looking at it then the theme has clearly failed, it's far too subtle.

....but., recognizing something is hardly subjective. If a "random" person can't see the theme of some character by looking at it then the theme has clearly failed, it's far too subtle.

said everything

Except my random person was able to identify the theme...so we're back at square one.

Except my random person was able to identify the theme...so we're back at square one.

Yes, but there are more people who don't recognize it as a dragon than there are those who do. Random or otherwise.

This thread wouldn't be this large if the "dragon hints" that DE left on the frame weren't so, so subtle that one has to look hard to find any.

As with your brother, you just got lucky. Not many would say it looked like a "dragon".

Edited by kiteohatto

Yes, but there are more people who don't recognize it as a dragon than there are those who do. Random or otherwise.

This thread wouldn't be this large if the "dragon hints" that DE left on the frame weren't so, so subtle that one has to look hard to find any.

As with your brother, you just got lucky. Not many would say it looked like a "dragon".

They're hardly subtle hints. No less subtle than the ninja hints on Ash, or the Arthurian hints on Excalibur.

A plurality hate it. A majority hate it or think  "meh". A minority like it. A very small minority have no opinion.

http://strawpoll.me/3807541

And a FAR GREATER majority that out weighs the number of people on the forums, or warframe fans that watched PAX, and only exist in the game KNOW NOTHING OF IT... So the larger majority have not spoken, and are usually against alot of things mentioned on the forums. Alot people even shy away from the general chat that you can only find in PUG, or if you ever get in contact with the clans that usually stay away from PUGs, and General chat all together.

A poll means nothing because you can't stick it in the game, or shove it in the face of every Warframe player who DOES NOT go on the Forums, OR has not seen the Pax livestream, OR stays away from general chat.  This is the same thing I complained about ages ago when I said new players needed help and the entire community said NO WE NEED MORE END GAME SCREW NEW PEOPLE. See THAT was the forums last year. The people actually playing the game however had an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT POINT OF VIEW. They hated how we kept bashing DE for end game, and wanted more help for newer players. The forum usually represents a certain kind of person versus the kind of people who NEVER visit the forums or aware of things happening outside of the game. Heck Warframe IS the only game I can keep up on news with. Every other game I have no idea where their live streams are at, or how they know something new is coming out. Warframe could very well have the same issue for newer people just now joining us, and yes this was also a VICIOUS issue last year. So your poll is 1/4 valid as the 3/4 which is everyone in game who don't know about the forums, and have NOT seen the pax livestream, and possibly NEVER go to General Chat. Is it there fault? NO. Getting into a new large community with tons of stuff everywhere is difficult. It takes time to get used to it.

This topic just like in the past is a limited opinion and just like how Limbo, and Mesa were widely accept by ingame players versus the violent screaming of people on the forums this Chroma will also be widely accept by players, and you will probably see it alot in the future being used constantly by people who specialize with that warframe just like how people specialize with Mesa, and Limbo EVEN NOW. There are even a small few who specialize with hydroid, and Zephy crushing enemies viciously during weird missions. Different people are using different warframes, and specialize with things YOU HATE. The ingame player is much different from the Forum player, and they outweigh us IMMENSELY.