The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Lotus is sick of complaints about Grineer Rollers. Now we will roll on their graves with Chroma.

If Chroma suddenly gains the ability to roll into a ball and run people over... I am sure most people who see Chroma as ugly will be more forgiving... I doubt that is an ability for him, but it would have been nice, and maybe shoot elements out around itself while it rolls around.

Hello minna!

I'd like to request DE to showcase Chroma's 3D model in greater detail, talk about his powers, and give us some context as to his design and abilities as that's where I think most of the complains are arising. People have no context to see the Design against and so are rioting instead of going back and reexamining the design and pondering what Mynki might have wanted to show.

Now that that's over, I's like to have a few words with the community. Guys, He's not even in the game yet. We don't know how he looks with colours, how his animations are. It's fine that  you don't like the design, but not fine that you don't try to really go back and see what's in there! From what I see he's made to be an invoker-shaman type frame, and appears to be fused with a dragon pelt. While that's not maybe what everyone was expecting as a dragon frame, but in Warframe, we do as Warframe does. It's a unique take on what a Dragonframe should be, and frankly? I think that it's bloody amazing that DE could bring out a new twist on an old, cliched theme instead of just throwing a half-hearted rehashed dragon. Ultimately people would have said that THAT dragon did not suit Warframe's theme. The concept all of us were so fond of was an amazing concept which I faved, but there was nothing new there. The Design of Chroma is not immediately Obvious-you need to really look at him to find out little details that give a clue as to what he is, something that adds to his mystery.

On the recent strawpoll that any people are quoting on as 'numbers don't lie' and 'conclusive proof' that everyone hates Chroma and 'learn to use statistics'; say !500 people out of a million is what? 0.0015%? That is NOT in any way the opinion of the entire community.

Oh, and one last thing.

People whined and rioted against Desecrate too, when Nekros was coming out.....now it is one of his most popular powers.

DE KNOWS WHAT'S BEST. AND THIS IS THEIR GAME. 

We're just here for the ride.

PS: These are my opinions and conjectures, which you are free to agree or disagree with. But if you are going to flame or derail thread instead of constructive criticism, This isn't the thread for you. Go back under that bridge, bruh.

Just because you put a new coat of paint on a bad car does not make a bad car a good car.

"DE KNOWS BEST SO STFU" argument. 

That is toxic thinking to any game community. Tell me, if DE makes a bad decision do they still know best? Have you seen what happened to Firefall in the closed beta thanks to that kind of reasoning? Threads speaking badly about the game were censored or shouted at by Gamedev Fanboys like you that refused to see any faults with their precious game. Now look at firefall, a buggy mess that could have been better had sheep people like you with their flock mentality never existed. 

What I am trying to say is don't cause Warframe to go down that path. I love it too much and it pains me when I see people like you spewing out this illogical toxic garbage.

EDIT: Nekros's desecrate was terrible at the start and through suggestions of the community it has been fixed. YOUR WELCOME FOR PROVIDING FEEDBACK.

Edited by Invalid_Infinity

EDIT: Nekros's desecrate was terrible at the start and through suggestions of the community it has been fixed. YOUR WELCOME FOR PROVIDING FEEDBACK.

actually that isnt an improvement. I don't use nekros as a scavenger. For me Nekros is a hard hitter with nan offensive moving shield. Desecrate feels wrong for him. So not even close to a welcoming feedback. However any feedback torwards improving the parts of him thart make him a devastating warlord ARE appreciated...

Chromatic breath, chromatic pelt, chromatic scales, chromatic tremor. (´・ω・`)

Those would be pretty cool for powers. Would make him very balanced, and devastating lol.

actually that isnt an improvement. I don't use nekros as a scavenger. For me Nekros is a hard hitter with nan offensive moving shield. Desecrate feels wrong for him. So not even close to a welcoming feedback. However any feedback torwards improving the parts of him thart make him a devastating warlord ARE appreciated...

Those would be pretty cool for powers. Would make him very balanced, and devastating lol.

Those are his powers. Just as a heads up.

of course dragons arent real, but what most people imagine when they hear the word Dragon? a sea horse? anteater? 

Definitely not. And even if some do, that's not what was requested.

Nobody was asking for a Cowgirl, but yet we got one.

Nobody was asking for a Pirate-Kraken, but yet we got one.

Nobody was asking for most of the frames. Most were surprises.

Just because people didn't get exactly what they got, doesn't entitle them to throwing hissy fits.

People should be happy that they are getting what they asked for. Period. Even if it isn't exactly what they wanted.

This is equivalent to a child screaming on the ground because their parent got them a package of doughnuts instead of a full cake at the grocery store. Literally worse than the ones screaming because they didn't get anything.

And honestly, if you can't see the obviously dragonlike features on Chroma, even after they have been pointed out, numerous times, you either have visual impairment, or are so biased and stubborn that you shouldn't be listened to anyway...

But people are NOT getting what they asked for here, and for this frame, DE specifically said that this is what people were asking for and that this is why they were doing this frame. Yet it is not what was requested.

Screw harlequins, pirates, stage magicians and cowgirls. The art direction of the dragon frame has the early Warframe vibe. 

Like when I first saw Loki in my closed beta days, I was like "WTF is that thing?! But it looks cool in a weird way. " Same reaction when I saw the dragon frame today. 

Like it or hate it, at least it's not generic. Thank god DE is smart enough not to use that generic fan concept art! 

You see just because all the other Tennos move more towards the left, Chroma is the first of many interesting Warframes with rebellious design breaking the stereotypes of a lot of things.

Sure you guys might have wanted Chroma to be kinda like Rhino but just think of Chroma as the equivalent of Rhino except he goes more to the right. o -o

We will welcome him and accept him like family because there is nothing wrong with leaning more to the right, he might even be longer than Rhino, you never know man.

Besides it's his abilities that are more important anyways not the size or the appearance.

Edited by Zarozian

Can we just not? We're just saying the same things over and over again. 

I wouldn't need to say the same thing again if you guys would get it already, that DE said they were giving people something they requested, when in fact they didn't.

Sure you guys might have wanted Chroma to be kinda like Rhino but just think of Chroma as the equivalent of Rhino except he goes more to the right. o -o

I want him to look a bit more like an actual dragon.

I despise the design of Endrians dragonframe. 

As opposed to a...left justified dragon? 

What?

Yup.

As you get used to him you will start to grow accustomed to his rather rebellious design that destroys the norms.

I feel that most people are just too shallow to actually see the beauty in it.

We're so used to the left side of things that we freak out when things go to the right side cause it's totally new and it's something we have never experienced before.

Edited by Zarozian

I expected chroma to look like an actual dragon. Not an anteater. I didn't expect Endrian's design because it isn't DE's design. Hopefully the alt helmet makes him look like an actual dragon rather than a seahorse/anteater/aardvark. I don't really mind his twizzler covered body but it makes him look more infested than the infested.