The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Is that a problem? How about you debate our argument like someone that actually knows what they are talking about instead of debating the people behind it. 

It honestly makes me sick when people like you attack the people instead of the opinion or argument.

The argument has been attacked to death. There is literally nothing more that can be said here.

Unfortunately people like you stick to your guns regardless of the evidence thrown in your face.

I't looks... meh... at best... just move on people, hopefully next frame is better.

Male frames have not looked decent for the last 2 that have come out (not including chroma). 

Someone always says it will be better next time and they are always wrong. It has not gotten better it has gotten worse. Frankly I don't think it will get better unless we stand up and tell DE exactly what we think.

Is that a problem? How about you debate our argument like someone that actually knows what they are talking about instead of debating the people behind it. 

It honestly makes me sick when people like you attack the people instead of the opinion or argument. 

It's been debated to death, the people who see his dragonness have come to accept it, those who don't- some just stop posting and let everyone have thier opinions. Then there is is your group, those who consistently believe posting "I DON'T LIKE IT, CHANGE IT" will get DE to change it.

And frankly, this argument about aesthetics is stagnating this discussion.

Don't like him? Okay, must you remind everyone? AGAIN?

The argument has been attacked to death. There is literally nothing more that can be said here.

Unfortunately people like you stick to your guns regardless of the evidence thrown in your face.

As if the evidence of what we gave you is not legitimate. 

Seriously. You are not always right. I see what you people have said and I can see where you are coming from. You really do what Chroma to be a good frame. I know it, everyone knows it. But we just don't see it that way. It was not what we were led to believe by the DE staff. Yes they stated it would be something that "even the veterans would not expect" but making something unique and new for the sake of it being unique and new is not the way to go. Sometimes people want cliche. Sometimes the cliche is what is best and that is how it became cliche. 

I've tried not to be one of those "New Warframes suck!" people, but this frame pushed me over the edge.

I really don't like how the Warframes aren't cohesive anymore. If you stand the older Frames together - Excalibur, Loki, Nyx, Volt, etc. then they all clearly match. It's the same general design, just with some little tweaks.

Now I'm not saying breaking this rule is in itself a bad thing. Mirage is a great Warframe, visually and mechanically, Valkyr's brutal, tortured nature makes her fit without looking quite the same, and for all the *@##$ing about him I've heard I can even accept Limbo, just.

But this? This @(*()$ ugly monstrosity that barely looks anything like a Tenno Warframe? This concept of a fire-breathing dragon frame that reads like it was written by some kid who's just been introduced to D&D? This is just a bad idea. A flat out bad idea.

Theme is a good thing, but the new Warframes need to put less energy into looking unique and busier than a piece of 40K artwork, and more effort into looking like a variant on the Excalibur Warframe's Space-Ninja motif.

The helmet scaled wrong, that's it. The snout (?) isn't stout enough for the rest of the frame, and there's no clear definition between snout and face. However, I still like it, and I won't really care until I get to use it. At least it looks better in action.

My only criticism is that he could look a bit more scaly and less fleshy

I like the design overall though. Excited to use

Exactly, my son pointed this out to me as well, instead of the melted wax look on his arms it could have been scaled armor instead like a real dragon, and the reason no one has mentioned anything about his powers is because for once everyone is waiting till he comes out to make a constructive assessment of those.

http://strawpoll.me/3827731/r

Chroma still the ugliest compared to the other frames. GG.

EDIT: Also note the last 2 male frames are classified as top tier ugly as well, or uncool, or least warframeish.

you forgot the other poll the OP added as well that shows limbo in first.Not that I care at this point because nothing is going to happen to chroma look wise I mean just look at vauban I mean he was designed to be different why can't chroma be different from the stereotypical dragon warrior/rhino physique.I have yet to see a good fan concept I have liked honestly.

I'm really happy with how chroma looks honestly but that doesn't mean I like all warframes,do you like them all?

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

I won't be paying for him and hope one of his alternate helmets looks better...like maybe more dragon like. If one does then I bet it will be more popular then his default. Anyways I'm more curious about his abilities and how DE is going to justify people having to pay for colors if they want to see what all his abilities can do. Didn't we get rid of arcane helmets for a reason?