Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

After reading the teaser I think I might have possibly solved the riddle of the new warframe..

So the Tease says the new frame main ability will change its elements damage based on energy color

The answer is A Chameleon warframe I mean it should not be more simpler then that.

A Chameleon changes is color in different environments & situations & camouflage itself in the sorronding elements & environments

Add in the teaser stuff it makes sense as they base there warframes off real life stuff

The new one almost certainly points to a Chameleon warframe based on its discrisption

Plus add in if you change the energy color the elements damage change

All adds up

My verdict is a Chameleon

Surprised none mentioned it

We have a rhino warframe so I can't see why a Chameleon warframe isn't possible & based on the Tease I might have solved the riddle I guess we will find out soon!

Yep, pretty much this ^

That's why I'm going with "absorbing/adapting/copying" proto-frame. Humans who became Tenno used the Technocyte virus to somehow adapt to the Void's environment and their frame. Current frames are "locked in" but what if a more ancient version had active adaptation to environmental stimuli (i.e. Damage) for survivability? What if at level 30 your 4th ability was a copied ability you could LOCK IN from another frame!!!

It supports DE's mission of ever-expanding choice, and would certainly be a surprise!!!!

God I hope so, if I chuold copy a frames power, I'll buy this warframe

So if I could copy a frame's power....

I'd have a Iron Skinned, Invisible, Molecular Priming, Farmer.

....sold!!!

SOLD!

I have abandoned finding any good conjecture on the new frame and now only follow the thread for Foolish shenanigans.

On a side note did anyone manage to get a screencap of the chat from the stream?

Edited by Alchemypotion

Lets make a list of fan requested frames we all know and then try to narrow it down.

Typhus is not on the list as he likely has nothing to do with the said game mechanic. 

My guess is (maybe?) Dragon. It is highly requested and the only one I can think of that comes close. 

the dragon frame is also expected...

remember,we are looking for two things

has to have been a fan concept

cannot be expected

Why are you so sure it was a fan concept?

some tenno associate what the devs said about it being requested with it being a fan concept. i think it is more of a theme that's wanted. i've seen light requested however i do think that mirage is the light frame. disco lights/ refracting light to make clones/ buffs depending on light. i personally don't have a clue what it could be other than the clues that it will shock veterans and color affects the element. maybe an alchemist frame? who knows

because it IS a fan concept...they said that

its not like you came up with the idea

Oh come now moderator. They stated it was a fan concept. 

I am up to your trolling trickery! (ALLITERATION BOOYEAH!)

they said it was a highly requested, not that it was a fan concept

Edited by LordOfScrugging

some tenno associate what the devs said about it being requested with it being a fan concept. i think it is more of a theme that's wanted. i've seen light requested however i do think that mirage is the light frame. disco lights/ refracting light to make clones/ buffs depending on light. i personally don't have a clue what it could be other than the clues that it will shock veterans and color affects the element. maybe an alchemist frame? who knows

they said it was a highly requested, not that it was a fan concept

i was jsut checking your name...and conincidentally its bears a hilarious resemblance to something in the mmo i was at before warframe...a very very unfortunate resemblance,ill pm you what it is

I dont think is a fan concept although a chameleon frame fits i think is more like chromatic one, a prism if i should say so myself. I mean if it changes with the type of energy it is not a chameleon perse but a prism/spectrum kind of thing. Hear me out for a second. We all know what a prism is and what chromatic means too and is more in tone with energy than a chameleon since each color wavelength is depending of the wavelength of light.

Honestly why people tie this with coloring the frame eludes me but, the countless examples that an user changes mechanics because color encoding is astonishing. For example In SSB4 shulk has different mods or monado arts which change not only how he plays but also how you use use him, changing things on the fly makes it a steep learning curve but also a very fun one to use and master. As him does that, think for a second about this mysterious frame. They could set 1 to toggle between "light/colors/energies" at the cost of 25 base and make it that at rank 1 you only use eletric, ice, poison and fire. At two use magnetic, corrosive and viral and in level 3 uses the remainder. Have a duration counter so it allows you to set up strategies and do more variations. Make his 2 3 and 4 be attacks that change in behavior with each energy type. like 2 be a fireball with fire but a wave of acid with corrosive just to say an idea. The possibility of this being great is as high as being a flop and just make our weapon have a proc and thats it.

i was jsut checking your name...and conincidentally its bears a hilarious resemblance to something in the mmo i was at before warframe...a very very unfortunate resemblance,ill pm you what it is

i think coincidences are pretty funny since i changed my name to reflect on my newfound love of the cult of scrugging as introduced to us tenno by [DE]Steve

edit: now that you've told me what it is, i love the name even more lmao

Edited by LordOfScrugging

I dont think is a fan concept although a chameleon frame fits i think is more like chromatic one, a prism if i should say so myself. I mean if it changes with the type of energy it is not a chameleon perse but a prism/spectrum kind of thing. Hear me out for a second. We all know what a prism is and what chromatic means too and is more in tone with energy than a chameleon since each color wavelength is depending of the wavelength of light.

Honestly why people tie this with coloring the frame eludes me but, the countless examples that an user changes mechanics because color encoding is astonishing. For example In SSB4 shulk has different mods or monado arts which change not only how he plays but also how you use use him, changing things on the fly makes it a steep learning curve but also a very fun one to use and master. As him does that, think for a second about this mysterious frame. They could set 1 to toggle between "light/colors/energies" at the cost of 25 base and make it that at rank 1 you only use eletric, ice, poison and fire. At two use magnetic, corrosive and viral and in level 3 uses the remainder. Have a duration counter so it allows you to set up strategies and do more variations. Make his 2 3 and 4 be attacks that change in behavior with each energy type. like 2 be a fireball with fire but a wave of acid with corrosive just to say an idea. The possibility of this being great is as high as being a flop and just make our weapon have a proc and thats it.

im not so sure with this thing im seeing,it resembles a post but it lost me halfway in

it would be annoying if it would be as much of a trope as a dragon...seriously,that is so infinitly spammed these days in virtually everything you might as well have put an easy button to win everything everywhere ingame X.X

i think coincidences are pretty funny since i changed my name to reflect on my newfound love of the cult of scrugging as introduced to us tenno by [DE]Steve

not even close...you really ought to take a gander at defiance sometime,trust me it will be like hitting a brick wall

like i've said before. it couldn't possibly be a light/prism frame since mirage already fills that niche

like i've said before. it couldn't possibly be a light/prism frame since mirage already fills that niche

mirage is more like light refraction and her only true skill that is evoking prism is that one her prism. This is more specific more of a chromatic chart approach were changing the light amplitude would very well change the abilities of this frame by a mere toggle.

im not so sure with this thing im seeing,it resembles a post but it lost me halfway in

it would be annoying if it would be as much of a trope as a dragon...seriously,that is so infinitly spammed these days in virtually everything you might as well have put an easy button to win everything everywhere ingame X.X

not even close...you really ought to take a gander at defiance sometime,trust me it will be like hitting a brick wall

I redacted it well, what is wrong with it?