The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Where did say they were "making a Dragon Frame based on a Fan concept"?

All they said was "it was to be dragon themed, a theme which has been requested by many players".

No offence to Endrian or anything but wouldn't be the dragon frame I would want in the game, not saying Chroma is any better, but I would want a dragon frame based on a dragon, not dragon-ified version of Rhino.

I will just ignore most of the things you wrote in your post and answer the question/thread-name:

Yes, Chroma is -as far as we all know and DE stated-  a Dragon Frame. 

If you want to join the big "OMG?!11! HE dusn't evon luk like a DURGON!!" - discussion: use the megathread

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/390004-chroma-the-new-dragon-frame-teased-in-devstream-45-46-tennolive-anticipation-megathread/

Edited by Fabpsi

Just so you know, there are multiple different types of dragons. Each country/region/ethnic has their own type of dragon. The dragon you're referring to is the western dragon, or as the world of the internet, that you so clearly understand, calls it an American Dragon.

The dragon DE took reference to is the chinese or sea dragon from the more eastern cultures. It might just be the long 'snout' that Chroma has but there is nothing that makes him look like a horse or a pony in any way.

Personally, I'm not fond of scales.

Considering it's a dragon it's either scales or feathers. And feathers we have on Zephyr already (at least feather-like).

That thing he is wraped in, looks like infested twisted muscle tissue. 

Edited by tocorro

Considering it's a dragon it's either scales or feathers. And feathers we have on Zephyr already (at least feather-like).

That thing he is wraped in, looks like infested twisted muscle tissue. 

We can also have more pronounced fins and webbed fingers/hands/feet, because its a sea dragon.(well, supposed to be) All that water tileset thats coming out isn't going to feel right if we are meant to have a sea dragon that doesn't feel the part.

Edited by kiteohatto

well i got the news the other day about the "dragon" warframe and was very VERY disappointing as for one HE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE A DRAGON and the whole color is his power damage type + with what the face looks like.....this guy is a my little pony frame, his face is totally a horse face, that uses rainbow powers, hes a brony, any thoughts on this guys? because i was under the impression we were going to get this heavy metal looking bad ! dragon man warframe-> https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37089-a-warframe-concept-the-dragon-20-%E2%80%94-final-update-2092015/ and got a warframe that looks like he has one too many pony dolls on his ship

You mean this?  

:P

Hey all.

Please bear in mind that even though we have a varied community with a lot of different aesthetic tastes, there is no room for uncivil behavior or abusive language to one another. If such things continue, that is a very quick way to get threads locked.

Keep it civil, keep it clean and remember to stay on topic. If you can’t agree to disagree and discuss things civilly, then perhaps you should exit stage left from the thread.

Cheers,

-SB.

Hey all.

Please bear in mind that even though we have a varied community with a lot of different aesthetic tastes, there is no room for uncivil behavior or abusive language to one another. If such things continue, that is a very quick way to get threads locked.

Keep it civil, keep it clean and remember to stay on topic. If you can’t agree to disagree and discuss things civilly, then perhaps you should exit stage left from the thread.

Cheers,

-SB.

dat profile pic reminds more of a dragon than Chroma

Do not edit what I say. That is insulting and quite dishonorable. 

How is it insulting or dishonorable? I was just doing the same thing you did a while back, using the OP's post against themself.

dat profile pic reminds more of a dragon than Chroma

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/105211-baphomet-the-betrayer-infested-boss-vs-mutalist-alad-v-art-011015/

Edited by sappinmahsentry

Quoting myself from a thread that seems not to have been merged here. 

For me the worst part is that it doesn't look leathery or scaly, it looks like melted wax or licorice(sp?) candy.  And like another forum user put, it looks like he is wearing a vest like the monkey from Aladdin(Disney) had.  I also don't like the head, because like many others have said about it, it looks like an anteater. 

I know DE was trying to do something new with him and not do the stereotypical dragon, but they failed hard.  It doesn't even resemble a dragon, not even an eastern dragon.  Hell, it doesn't even resemble a lizard.  The body is just comical looking and the "snout" of the head, because of its placement looks like a horn on its forehead rather than a mouth/snout. 

DE is moving way to far from the original aesthetic of the warframes.  They used to be sleek, this is now just weird.  Even though I didn't like how limbo looked overall, I don't have a problem because he is still kind of sleek looking.  Chroma is almost like they threw some spaghetti against the wall until it resembled something humanoid and went with that. 
Edited by ClockworkSpectre