Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Other Than Me Think De Should Stop Making New Weapons?

prodavit

Well the thing is, I feel that the game have way enough weapons and new ones don't really compare to the good ones we put on like boltor prime, soma Prime, dragon nikana and so on.

I feel that the new weapons are worthless, like the saw gun, can't even take it on my level 25+ missions.

One thing that DE need to learn is Quality not Quantity.

I think DE need to focus on fixing the weapons we already have, so that all weapons have more incentive to be use.

On top of that they should focus on new missions and making them more repayable. Like some of the bosses are just regular enemy with a new paint job.

Just saying :P

Anyone other than me think that feedback should be put in the feedback subforum?

I quite like getting new weapons frequently. I mean, the Tipedo is fantastic, and so is the Kohm after it got buffed. 

As to the point that none of the weapons they're adding hold a candle to the existing top tier weapons, not every weapon will. If every weapon was better than every weapon that came before it then there would only be 3 good weapons. As it is there are levels of weapons, many of them reasonably useful. If I want to enjoy a unique mechanic I'll take out the Panthera. If i want to go really far in an endless mission, I'll take out my Soma Prime or some other weapon I put a lot of work into. 

Well the thing is, I feel that the game have way enough weapons and new ones don't really compare to the good ones we put on like boltor prime, soma Prime, dragon nikana and so on.

I feel that the new weapons are worthless, like the saw gun, can't even take it on my level 25+ missions.

We need to get 30 mastery ranks from somewhere. 

That's the premise of the entire year, moving forward.

I think DE need to focus on fixing the weapons we already have, so that all weapons have more incentive to be use.

Agreed.

On top of that they should focus on new missions and making them more repayable. Like some of the bosses are just regular enemy with a new paint job.

Already in the works.

Moved to a more appropriate subforum.

Just saying :P

Fixing and balancing current weapons, yes

Stop making new weapons, no, provided they are good and enjoyable

Another one of these threads? Listen, I know how you feel, given I've posted some threads like this myself, but by now you should realize that it doesn't have any effect. We really are at the mercy of the studio. It takes a BIG reaction to get them to pay attention...

Here is a difference between weapons and the feature you mention.

Completely separate teams are needed for those.

The animations group don't need to do much with weapons as they are generally using the same animations, just plug them in, a little polish if needed, and that is what? 5 hours of work at most for 1-2 people?

Art team are not needed to stealth, parkour etc. They are pretty much working on the weapons themselves.

When it comes to the features such as stealth and parkour animations team need to do research on parkour especially Geoff, director needs an understanding of what he needs to accomplish, which is why Scott and Steve are the ones brainstorming. As far as Sheldon's contribution I am not quite sure myself.

As far as code goes, you have a template of code for the weapons, again you just plug it in, make some changes, done... Now see your cash reserve getting more flow.

We need to get 30 mastery ranks from somewhere. 

That's the premise of the entire year, moving forward.

Agreed.

Already in the works.

Moved to a more appropriate subforum.

For your first reply:

Can we get more pets, I seriously question the idea of a pet Kubrow if nothing is done with it. New animal types will sure bring in some variety AND quality AND a little boost to the 30 mastery ranks.