Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Op Prime Mods

(PSN)jFresh215

Today I was thinking of a few mods and the possibility of makes very OP weapons should they get primes. 

Please feel free to post whatever mod you think would fit this. -Keep in mind the mod has the normally be a r5 mod or lower. 

My first choice would be Fury. My God, imagine a P fury attached to the dual ichor with a berserker build. <--or the amphis or tipedo 

Fury was nerfed with Melee2.0, it used to give essentially equivalent to what a Primed Fury would give.

-edit-

Now Primed Point Strike... (+275% crit chance) That, I would stockpile for the future.

Edited by Kthal

We should be protesting this Prime mod BS instead of supporting it, however hypothetically.  Locking content behind limited edition offers and forcing us to grind void missions for ducats during the downtime is just going to make certain players overpowered and powercreep the game even harder.  Evntually the game really will become pay2win as missions will become inordinately hard unless you buy platinum to buy primed mods so that you can have THE BEST BUILD to be able to farm those missions, so that you can grind for the new BEST BUILD option coming out next month...

Edited by RealPandemonium

We should be protesting this Prime mod BS instead of supporting it, however hypothetically.  Locking content behind limited edition offers and forcing us to grind void missions for ducats during the downtime is just going to make certain players overpowered and powercreep the game even harder.  Evntually the game really will become pay2win as missions will become inordinately hard unless you buy platinum to buy primed mods so that you can have THE BEST BUILD to be able to farm those missions, so that you can grind for the new BEST BUILD option coming out next month...

I couldn't disagree more. These mods are nothing more than collector mods so far. nothing that will make going an hour into T4 survival any easier. These mods only create a grind wall if you see it absolutely necessary to have them. They aren't needed for the "best" build because at the levels enemies are at an hour your weapons and warframe are what matter the least. it's how you and your team are playing that's going to get you further. 

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

I couldn't disagree more. These mods are nothing more than collector mods so far. nothing that will make going an hour into T4 survival any easier. These mods only create a grind wall if you see it absolutely necessary to have them. They aren't needed for the "best" build because at the levels enemies are at an hour your weapons and warframe are what matter the least. it's how you and your team are playing that's going to get you further. 

So, you don't see how something like Primed Continuity or Primed Heated Charge doesn't offer significantly increased power to the user?

I don't even put fury on Tipedo, it has enough speed.

Other weapons may benefit from it though.

But yeah Primed Redirection or Vitality, would be nice, I won't ask for Primed Serration - that won't happen as easy, and it doesn't need to happen.

If you manage to get a legendary mod to rank 10, I think you deserve to blow everything up in sight.

That mentality is killing the game, making it more about grind than ever before.  The benefits of r10 mods should be icing on the cake, not the entire dessert.  If players indicate to DE that they're ok with permagrind, that will become DE's business model, more than it already is.  

That mentality is killing the game, making it more about grind than ever before.  The benefits of r10 mods should be icing on the cake, not the entire dessert.  If players indicate to DE that they're ok with permagrind, that will become DE's business model, more than it already is.  

It's a F2P game. Grind is gonna be a big part, and if you want to speed things up, then you fork over money. This isn't a new business model at all.

Not only that, but Primed mods really aren't pay-to-win, and if you think they are, you have a very funny definition of the term.

I don't even put fury on Tipedo, it has enough speed.

Other weapons may benefit from it though.

But yeah Primed Redirection or Vitality, would be nice, I won't ask for Primed Serration - that won't happen as easy, and it doesn't need to happen.

Doubt it'll happen, since those are already r10 mods.

Edited by Vargras

It's a F2P game. Grind is gonna be a big part, and if you want to speed things up, then you fork over money. This isn't a new business model at all.

-  "hey de, thanks for this new mod, it lets me blow S#&$ up real fast, but now i kinda want mobs to be harder"
-  "hey de, thanks for harder mobs, it's real cool we got stuff that's hard to play... oh look, a new area/mobs = a new weapon from there"
-  "hey de, thanks for this new weapon, it blows S#&$ up real good, but things are too easy, maybe a buff to mobs or a new level/mastery locked content?"
-  "hey de, see these new players over there, wondering if they should start playing the game that has so many @(*()$ locked tiers of grind in it? yeah, F*** their whining, you dont need them"
-  "hey de, you added these cool new <insert cool new feature/features one year from now>, but no one plays your game, fix your S#&$ pls cause im bored of soloing"

great business model, friend

you need to accommodate new players, otherwise this will turn into a graveyard
grindwall is not what i would call good accommodation
Edited by onemoonlight

Primed Berserker +55% swing speed per critical hit stack up to 3 times. 44 Seconds duration
+Primed Critical Chance +110%
+Primed Furry +55% swing speed
+Primed Organ Shatter +175% Critical Damage
+Primed melee damage +200% Damage

= MELEE ULTRA SPEED BOOST WITH INSANE DPS

Edited by IfritKajiTora

So, you don't see how something like Primed Continuity or Primed Heated Charge doesn't offer significantly increased power to the user?

yes it increases power but my argument is against really late game content. one shot from a marelok will kill most things with regular heated charge right now. the prime one still wont matter in those very late rounds when the enemies are scaling very fast. im not all too excited about the extra grind either but having these mods isnt the end all be all. plus this void trader stuff is catering to the vets who have already maxed out all of the mods they can get a hold of. this gives them something to play for. 

yes it increases power but my argument is against really late game content. one shot from a marelok will kill most things with regular heated charge right now. the prime one still wont matter in those very late rounds when the enemies are scaling very fast. im not all too excited about the extra grind either but having these mods isnt the end all be all. plus this void trader stuff is catering to the vets who have already maxed out all of the mods they can get a hold of. this gives them something to play for. 

We should be playing for actual content and replayability, not grinding for time-limited shinies every week.  At the very least, not when the game's balance state is decaying and with powercreep on the rise.

(...) plus this void trader stuff is catering to the vets who have already maxed out all of the mods they can get a hold of. this gives them something to play for. 

Too bad that's doing more damage to longevity of the game than helping, eh? The more of farming you add on top of already existing farm, the bigger the gap you make between new and existing players, which discourages newbies. And you NEED new players. You cant have a stagnant playerbase consisting solely of vets, because players either move on with their life/new hobbies/new games, or leave because they get dissatisfied with new updates, and there will be new updates and changes, because the game is still a glorified beta.

You constantly need new blood, and the wider the gap you make, the less people will be interested in sticking to the game. Try explaining to a friend that you've just introduced to the game what mods he absolutely NEEDS to grind for, or else he sucks, and then the amount of survival/excavation that he needs to grind over and over for mods/cores to rank up said mods. And then mastery, equipment for said mastery, void keys, prime items. Yeah, super fun time.

You cant keep adding new content to play for, you have to add side content to play. And you have to draw a clear line of "this is how good a character/mod/weapon can get", so that people that just join can actually see the destination, not just the road.

You cant keep adding new content to play for, you have to add side content to play. And you have to draw a clear line of "this is how good a character/mod/weapon can get", so that people that just join can actually see the destination, not just the road.

I don't disagree completely. We need new content to play. And as someone that was once a new player and had to go through grinding to get what i have now i can say the end result was great. no i dont like running ODE 100 times to get the corrupted mods i want but thats the base of the game. FTP pay for convenience.  i could have bought plat and went to trade and got it but obtaining is the best part. this game was never made to be for everyone. and new players can have just as much fun as fully modded vets if they take their time and play for their stuff like we all have had to do. but again I go back to a previous post and say this new stuff is not necessary. it's extra, a way for us to get rid of our extra prime stuff to get exclusives that will be back in rotation at some point; they won't prime everything. the weapons aren't anything to write home about and most of the mods aren't even noticeable after an hour in t4 survival. take the different heated charges and only those mods and solo a void defense you might make it 5 more waves with the prime one. The grind is really and I understand people frustration by over 550 cores to max out the prime stuff is a stretch and I would like to see that helped by an increase in the drop of rare cores or a way to obtain them with rep would be good. 50k for 3 or 5 doesn't sound like to much to ask for, especially given the nerf to rep gain. 

tl;dr i want new content; i also see the grind as an open challenge; new players can have fun if they take their time; boost rare core drops to lessen grind