Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Would You Even Put Primed Pistol Mutation On

[DE]Momaw

Question

Now, full disclosure, I did campaign to increase the ranks on Ammo Mutation mods and I was happy with the buff they got.

But.

Primed pistol mutation? It's a platinum mod which means it will cost a LOT to max it out. It would also become a 14 point mod. The only way to justify the expense, in my view, is for endgame weapons. So then I started thinking about secondary weapons which have enough damage to be considered endgame, but which are held back by ammo consumption...

And you know what? I'm drawing a blank here.  There's no doubt that we have some real ammo-burners in the secondaries category. Several flavors of dual-wield machine pistols. But which of them can actually compete with Brakk, Telos Akbolto, Synoid Gammacor, etc even if you were to use primed ammo mutation?

Edited by Momaw

Wraith Twin Vipers...

Maybe the AkZani...

Using the latter only b/c the former is out of ammo so soon...

Plus: the only two primed mods i have are heated charge and pistol ammo mutation(*)... so might as well put them on the same weapon :-D

--

(*) not yet, as soon as the trader gets fixed

I used to use mutators when I was still getting up to speed in playing the game and broadening my mod base, but now...hardly ever. I think the only guns I still use them on are the Boar Prime and Kohm (and haven't looked at it lately, either).

The Dex Furis and Wraith Vipers might get some mileage out of this, but they'd require one or possibly two more forma to squeeze the thing in, and...no. I just don't use those guns in this manner and don't really see the point of a mutator on them when you get right down to it. They're emergency weapons used to scrape nasty opponents off of you when you have a slow primary and are not for skirmishing.

Unless it's an OCD completionist thing, I'd pass on this mod. Simply not necessary and you'd be better off dropping ammo restores if you really need a resupply.

Overall I see this as DE just giving peeps something to burn energy on as they don't expect later stats to actually show anyone using it.

They could just give this prime mod out for free to everyone and I would be willing to bet there would be extremely low usage of it.

Sad part is, the completionist side of me will make it my last purchase from the Trader and then it will sit half ranked unused forever in my inventory.

Stop expecting to get the items you want. Want streamline primed? sure, maybe in the future.

Not expecting anything honestly.  Expecting balance instead of chucking "prime mods" into the fray.

My potato'd Dragon Nikana with Blind Justice has 10 extra mod points because the normal mods don't go high (Heavy Cal, Serration, Hornet Strike etc) like they do for other weapon/warframe categories.

This is the first Primed mod I'm not picking up. Part of the reason is the recent Ducats change making that 400 Ducats that much harder to get. On top of that, I can't see any time where the basic ammo mut mod isn't enough. The only thing I use it on is Castanas, Dex Furis and Dual Cestras, and even on the bullet hoses the basic mod provides enough ammo to keep at equilibrium. 

I see several people bringing up the Dex Furis and even a Stilleto user... I mean, sure these weapons are fun, but isn't it hard to justify investing hundreds of cores and over a million credits on primed ammo mutation just for the lulz? Several other secondaries are so much more powerful and don't suffer from ammo problems...

Secura Cestras, I guess, maybe. Their basic DPS is fairly brisk.  That reload time, though. :(