Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Targis Armor Color [Megathread]

mishmashmarsh

I am very confused as to how this is such a big issue here development side. 

The problem is the lack of a "Return to default" colours button on the UI. "Return to default" code must exist because such a button exists for warframe customization. 

I think you just added to your own confusion LOL! Making assumptions like 'must exist for scenario B' and such will undoubtedly create a confusion spiral because you are overlooking several factors.

Warframes/Weapons are customizable have 'Return to Default'

Cosmetics are customizable

Cosmetics should have 'Return to Default'

Easy to state and logically deduce, way harder to do in practice when time and resources are a factor. "Putting a button on the UI" != Code and Database support for color customization where none exists. Warframes have this code & database support. Most other things (armor) do not (yet!).

TL;DR Please be patient and know that the rate to identify problems/propose solutions/deliver feedback will always be faster than our ability to diagnose, fix, and deploy changes.

TL;DR Please be patient and know that the rate to identify problems/propose solutions/deliver feedback will always be faster than our ability to diagnose, fix, and deploy changes.

Well if DE won't throw the feedback away, as long as DE still keep doing to fix this that will be glad.

I think you just added to your own confusion LOL! Making assumptions like 'must exist for scenario B' and such will undoubtedly create a confusion spiral because you are overlooking several factors.

Easy to state and logically deduce, way harder to do in practice when time and resources are a factor. "Putting a button on the UI" != Code and Database support for color customization where none exists. Warframes have this code & database support. Most other things (armor) do not (yet!).

we will be patient and yes we know you are aware of the problem since day one of Nova Prime... but please don't make it waiting for HL3 patient.. also in the mean time to spare some of use this PBR problem, don't add any of the other Primes on the list till the problem is fixed

we will be patient and yes we know you are aware of the problem since day one of Nova Prime... but please don't make it waiting for HL3 patient.. also in the mean time to spare some of use this PBR problem, don't add any of the other Primes on the list till the problem is fixed

Why? The Frames and the Weapons will be fine. What won't be fine will be the Syandanas, Armors and Sugatras.

Edited by NightmareT12

Ahh cool, of course we'll wait, got U16 to deal with first eh?, but glad your altest paying some attention to it, that gives me my hope back.

So whats excaly, happing, are you changing something or adding something like a new color pack or giveing us an new color slot for metal colors like?  

Jokes on you, Valve said they're not making a third one.

On topic; I think I'm honestly fine with how the armor is now. I can finally have cool armor that doesn't clash with things.

Why? The Frames and the Weapons will be fine. What won't be fine will be the Syandanas, Armors and Sugatras.

slot 4 is the reason suddenly my gold is gone... now I have to colour slot 4 for gold, but oh slot 4 was the blue for my colour scheme and now I have to redo my whole colour scheme since since what was blue is now yellow

Jokes on you, Valve said they're not making a third one.

On topic; I think I'm honestly fine with how the armor is now. I can finally have cool armor that doesn't clash with things.

gabe said their not working on it at the moment due to other current projects never said its cancelled... so yes that is coming.. just not soon.. same as the fix

mcap9s.jpg

Can you correctly guess which one's the Orokin Gold hue, and which one is the 'cheap knock-off'?

I went looking through my screenshots folder for some pre-update Latron Prime:

EZMvenb.jpg

I have to conclude it's a trick question, both of yours are the "cheap knock-off".

uxxB3uh.jpg

This is the only shot I could find of it actually in the arsenal (so it has the same lighting). It's not very good, but you can see the gold.

It's a better picture of Latron Prime than it is of Vaykor Marelok. How am I meant to paint it like that, Banshee?

Prime Gold glows with Orokin power:

N44sfQ0.jpg

The PBR stuff doesn't, it's just normal metal. I haven't really decided whether I prefer that or not yet, but it's definitely different and I can understand people who paid $50 for glowy armour wanting it back.

And there's also the issue with accessories of tint 4 affecting all your attachments and not just the Prime ones.

prime gold glows with orokin power

That was a joke.

Up until now prime gold has not reacted to lighting changes, so when you were in a dark area it looked like the gold was glowing due to the fact that the gold used the same reflection map no matter the light level.

Wow, where are you in the void?, that floor looks very cool and wait prime gold glows with orokin power wut?

It's the extraction room. There are the long stairs up to the Liset docks, and I'm hiding under the opposite stairs which lead to the cylindrical door.

And my Warframe isn't black, you just can't see it because it's so dark. The only things that you can see are the channelling energy and the gold. Because Prime gold is so shiny it reflects light that isn't even there.

It's the extraction room. There are the long stairs up to the Liset docks, and I'm hiding under the opposite stairs which lead to the cylindrical door.

And my Warframe isn't black, you just can't see it because it's so dark. The only things that you can see are the channelling energy and the gold. Because Prime gold is so shiny it reflects light that isn't even there.

Ahhh

Prime Gold glows with Orokin power:

N44sfQ0.jpg

The PBR stuff doesn't, it's just normal metal. I haven't really decided whether I prefer that or not yet, but it's definitely different and I can understand people who paid $50 for glowy armour wanting it back.

And there's also the issue with accessories of tint 4 affecting all your attachments and not just the Prime ones.

This is the kind of gold metal I prefer. In my opinion the metal for prime gear should be reverted but keep the customization bit available. It would be interesting to see different setups players make in dark environments like this.

I agree that having the metal tints a separate option rather than simply replacing a tint option already available is a good idea. Unlike some people, I like the gold, but don't want that color choice to affect other non-metal colors as well (eg. nova).

I have to conclude it's a trick question, both of yours are the "cheap knock-off".

You using "color correction" or something?

other_primes.png

There's my Latron Prime, Wyrm Prime, and Bo Prime before the PBR update.

Notice how they're more like his and less like yours making me think it's a settings difference.

My Boltor Prime used to look like that too.

boltor_prime.png

You using "color correction" or something?

There's my Latron Prime, Wyrm Prime, and Bo Prime before the PBR update.

Notice how they're more like his and less like yours making me think it's a settings difference.

My Boltor Prime used to look like that too.

I apparently have color correction on, yes. I don't remember fiddling with it so isn't that the default, how the game is designed to look?

Here's what my Latron Prime looks like now (with its colours reverted to default) on the same settings:

WQTpTxq.png

Much duller than before the update. The gold looks kind of flat, it doesn't really stand out. It looks pretty much like his does.

Your screenshots may look like a different colour but look how shiny they are. Especially that Wyrm.

Edited by Azure.M

I apparently have color correction on, yes. I don't remember fiddling with it so isn't that the default, how the game is designed to look?

Color correction is on by default, but it doesn't mean the results are how the game is supposed to look because it causes colors to change in certain situations/tilesets.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/388223-i-dont-see-how-you-guys-play-without-color-correction-on/#entry4282453

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/388223-i-dont-see-how-you-guys-play-without-color-correction-on/page-3#entry4282716

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/388223-i-dont-see-how-you-guys-play-without-color-correction-on/page-5#entry4283243

Here's what my Latron Prime looks like now (with its colours reverted to default) on the same settings:

Much duller than before the update. The gold looks kind of flat, it doesn't really stand out. It looks pretty much like his does.

Your screenshots may look like a different colour but look how shiny they are. Especially that Wyrm.

Yup, for being metal parts the new material isn't shiny enough.

Could use some brighter diffuse, assuming the PBR system even works like that.

It's pretty matte right now.