Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favorite Bugs/mechanics That No Longer Work The Same

Kartumterek

Waxing nostalgic, thinking about things that were in the game and were awesome before change by DE. Real cool features, unlike scrub coptering

1. Full Auto Tigris on Specter- far and away the most awesome bug in the history of gaming

2. Miter- triple shot on full charge. Made the weapon competitive with other primaries, was awesome to use/see. Really miss this one the most

3. Shotguns- before falloff implementation. That is all

4. Heavy Impact- before it got destroyed by exploiters, the ultimate humiliation death. Gave ways to do damage creatively and while parkoring

5. Persistent poison clouds- the removal of this really impacted the skill level curve of a lot of players. Very bad decision to remove this

6. Rollers- infinite spawning led to hilarity and much keyboard button breaking/mouse tossing back in the day. Possible inspiration for the RAGE!!!!!! Mod (allegedly)

All I got for now, at work so can't log in and look at my screen for more inspiration. What do you have?

You liked Roller stunlocking? Really? It wasn't even close to fun. I remember literally watching myself get stumbled repeatedly by three rollers. Just three.

And the persistent poison clouds being removed was not that bad of a decision. In Defense missions the corpses used to get piled up and there was no room to stand. It was basically unavoidable damage. 

You liked Roller stunlocking? Really? It wasn't even close to fun. I remember literally watching myself get stumbled repeatedly by three rollers. Just three.

And the persistent poison clouds being removed was not that bad of a decision. In Defense missions the corpses used to get piled up and there was no room to stand. It was basically unavoidable damage.

Jumping and parkouring got you out of any trouble; it still does now.

Jumping never solved stunlocking. If it was that easy it wouldn't have been an issue. The closest thing was standing on a ledge, and standing on a ledge is not the most exciting of gameplay tactics. 

I'll admit that persistent poison clouds weren't the worst thing. We sort of have them now with the whole mutalist osprey stuff. It was (and is) simple area denial, which is a valid tactic for an enemy. 

Edited by CheeseHasLeafs

I miss the melee charge attack mechanic.  It was cool to sweep enemies and could keep you alive in some nasty situations.  I'm not a huge fan of the stance mechanics (EEEEEE pause EEE rmb E pause rmb EEEEE up E).  They remind me of the practicality of 360 and 720 degree moves on street fighter.

Also, I remember when the AI wasn't as good and the MOAs would run off cliffs.  I found that fairly amusing to watch.

Armor ignore weapons like the Flux Rifle

This, more than anything - and the fact that you could put armour-ignoring damage on anything, meaning that any weapon could be viable at high level.

Close second was reliable dismemberment/flying corpses when using a melee weapon.

Edited by DoomFruit