Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Taxis Are Getting Out Of Hand.

cyrus106

Warframe is a game where you make your own objectives, specific weapons, warframes, mods or even bosses are objective that players should aim for, you know, working towards a goal instead of trying to do the same goal as advanced players and then complaining about the difficulty.

Unlocking areas is fantastic now as each planet is different, before we had areas that all looked the same, grineer didn't even had a ship of their own, instead they used the corpus tilesets.

Now you have infested ships, ice areas, desert and arid areas, grineer galeon,..... each providing alot of mission diversity.

I do admit that at the start it takes a while to unlock, but not having mercury is the 1st sign that the player will leave the game in a few days, if you can't do something that basic, how will you grind for a warframe or a specific weapon, to make those arrive at your lap it takes quite a bit of plat, and then there's the leveling.

Doing a taxi for those players is ok i guess, they will be out of warframe after a few days anyway

MR13 everything is unlocked, most I burned revives on to get through as if its not a defense or interception i would just do it myself. I never asked for a taxi, I did however ask for help with defense missions and interceptions. Sometimes I wouldnt get any help so I looked at frames that were easy to obtain that work better in those missions, nyx, zephyr, nova and the such and I farmed the hell out of it all to get those frames. When its all said and done the feeling of acomplishment is better then any alert I missed becuase there will always be more.

I had the chart unlocked by u 12 iirc.

Taxis used to unlock nodes so a long list of long time players had a good chunk of each planet unlocked just from Alert farming

Since that doesn't happen anymore, return players and newbies alike must now forge their own paths and getting help to regular missions isn't easy even in a large clan and alliance

Are players without specific nodes unlocked really so dispicable to put their caste on blast like that...

Not imho

It's not silly.

You can't tell me what to do :I  (I kid, I kid.)

Seriously, though, if your goal is a discussion about the star map, then let's make a constructive discussion about the star map.  Starting out with, "Taxis are out of hand," and going on to talk about lazy players not clearing the star map.

Frame the conversation on the constructive element ("How can we make the star chart worth completing?").  I liked the reward for clearing planets bit.

Valid point. Ill either edit the OP or make a new thread with more constructive themes after this one dies

Valid point. Ill either edit the OP or make a new thread with more constructive themes after this one dies

If you want to kill it, you can ask a mod to lock it.

Personally, taxis don't bother me. I've been on teams where half the group shouldn't be there and things went fine. Unless you're in A T4 or something similar, there isn't really a mission that one or two competent Tenno can't handle. If the leeches go down, let them bleed out. They'll learn to stick closer next time And discourage them from tackling higher ranked content.

People ask for taxi.

and people willing to taxi.

For someone who can't really play this game 24/7

Taxi is a great community service.

let them enjoy it.

with the current ducat trader thingy. Most people probably spent most time in void anyway.

so yeah. At least let the lesser people have some fun to

No, they aren't. I gladly admit was one of those players who was after a taxi and I'm MR17 (no idea if I was the player you saw but someone did ask what I meant by 'high MR' when asking around, thinking I oddly thought MR4 was high). Big whoop, it's Mercury. I had all of the galaxy map unlocked quite some time ago but Archwing has brought new nodes, some which I wasn't even aware of so when I had found this alert was on said node(s) I surprised. If I had come on earlier to see the alert, I would've gladly worked my way through the new nodes to get to the final one where the alert was. But I came on with what I judged to be not enough time, around 15 minutes, to get to the node. In the end I had to grab a taxi and thankfully someone in my clan had to decency to offer to do so for me. Aside from that, I still find this game slightly dull so I still felt less willing to have to go through the nodes, regardless of how swift it may have been.

All in all people can do whatever they like and it's just a taxi. I'm sure there are some people who just do not want to clear every node as they are finding it slightly tedious.

Edited by Naith

I got my nodes unlocked asap.

Didn't think it was boring at all.

Well... It doesn't concern me.

I hardly ever see em in recru chat so.... no... I don't think it's getting out of hand.

The blind invites are getting out of hand again though. I've been posting in Region that the next one I get, I'll accept as a Loki Prime and spend the entire mission switch teleporting them.

The invites cool down a but after that.

Edited by Noamuth

Unless they put some worthwhile reward for completing sections or the entire star map, there will be be players who won't be motivated to finish the entire thing. Personally, I finished it because there are times when I wanted to do the alerts, but had none of my friends are online. The allure of Prime items will always entice players to just do Void or Derelict missions. Its also understandable that not everyone has the time to complete it, and would rather spend their online time playing with friends, who again would probably do Void or Derelict missions because they offer Prime items, and are more challenging.

Taxis are not a bad thing. It can however be abused by people.

If DE were to put something like a free reactor or catalyst, Warframe slot, weapon slot, or even like 5-10 platinum per section (planet/whatever) unlocked, it can help decrease taxis a bit... I guess.