Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Melee Warframe ?

Verishon

My opinion:

Valkyr is kind of an obvious one.

Excalibur is a strong choice due to his abilities meshing nicely with melee.

Volt's Speed makes him an incredibly strong choice as well.

Trinity's Link makes her a good choice for melee, allowing her to shrug off knockdowns and stunning effects.

Saryn's Contagion and general tankiness makes her quite good as well.

Rhino's nigh-unkillable-ness makes him quite strong for melee.

Zephyr can use Turbulence to shrug off ranged fire, and her mobility lets her set up slam attacks quite well, too.

Ash can teleport to an enemy and instantly get into melee range.

Plenty of Warframes mesh nicely with melee. You should still carry a sidearm anyway so you can hit enemies and traps out of your melee weapon's reach.

Though i see no reason to re explain my reasons for not adding Valkyr but just for the sake of telling people so they are aware. I don't see Valkyr in game's and most of what i wrote are on WarFrames i have seen and played and what i assumed might be of value or asset to a melee player however i disregarded valkyr simply because i know nothing about this WarFrame. I have not seen it played in game i have done some small research into her but still not understanding how her game play actually works and yes i am capable of researching wiki look at Mogamu Youtube videos but in the end i would still have a massive lack of information to write about Valkyr. Please keep in mind i was up from 3:00 am to 5:00 am trying to write all of this i was tired exhausted from a long valentines day so perhaps you can all come to an understanding as to why i missed Valkyr. Thank you for hopefully understanding and you can stop hating me for it maybe possibly .... not likely >.>

Though i see no reason to re explain my reasons for not adding Valkyr but just for the sake of telling people so they are aware. I don't see Valkyr in game's and most of what i wrote are on WarFrames i have seen and played and what i assumed might be of value or asset to a melee player however i disregarded valkyr simply because i know nothing about this WarFrame. I have not seen it played in game i have done some small research into her but still not understanding how her game play actually works and yes i am capable of researching wiki look at Mogamu Youtube videos but in the end i would still have a massive lack of information to write about Valkyr. Please keep in mind i was up from 3:00 am to 5:00 am trying to write all of this i was tired exhausted from a long valentines day so perhaps you can all come to an understanding as to why i missed Valkyr. Thank you for hopefully understanding and you can stop hating me for it maybe possibly .... not likely >.>

That's understandable OP. It's just that for most people, the first thing you think of when you see 'melee-frame' is Valkyr because her stats and kit literally revolve around the playstyle, and they considered her not being on the list way too big a thing to listen to your explanation. If you don't have Valkyr I recommend getting her and trying out her melee-oriented playstyle. Her powers really highlight how her and melee aren't meant to go together:

1. Rip-line: Very useful for mobility in vertical areas and large tilesets, also good if you want to pull yourself to enemies or want to pull a particularly strong enemy to you.

2. War-cry: A really fun ability if you build for power strength. It causes Valkyr to swing weapons at the speed ludicrous speed and forces nearby enemies to emulate baywatch. Also gives her a nifty armor boost. I greatly recommend this while using the life-strike combo.

3. Paralysis: Quite a few people think it isn't very good, and I didn't used to either. But killing an enemy with an attack that ignores armor and renders you invincible during the animation has it's uses. Combine this with war-cry to makes groups of enemies completely useless for a considerable amount of time.

4. Hysteria: This is very useful if you are leveling Valkyr, have recently forma'd her, or are leveling up a new melee weapon. Since Valkyr has very low shields she'll be taking a lot of health damage, and without life-strike or rejuvenation it is her only method of staying alive. The claws can do massive damage with the right weapon on the starchat, but the pure IPS damage means it eventually does crap against enemy armor.

An experienced player with a top-tier melee weapon and the life-strike combo will have no problem staying alive and ill be dishing out tons of damage, so this ability eventually becomes reserved for reviving or a panic button.

Having the most durability of any frame with and without abilities makes her well-suited for jumping into the fray, in return for her main methods of survival requiring or flat-out limiting her to melee. I strongly suggest you give her a go and see if you like her.

Depends on what level-range you expect to be fighting.

By order of preference:

Nyx -> Chaos

Banshee -> Silence

Trinity -> Link (+ Abating Link)

Frost -> Snow Globe

Loki -> Invis + Radial Disarm

Nova -> M Prime, if you're feeling silly. With enough Duration you should be able to slow anything before it gets close enough to threaten you.

Emphasis on 'not getting hit to begin with'.

Otherwise, sure: Rhino -> Iron Skin or Mesa -> Shatter Shield or Zephyr -> Turbulence.

And, ofc, Valkyr, with or without Hysteria.

And Snydrex makes a compelling argument :3

Edited by Chroia

The ability puts you into a melee only mode?! How is that not good for melee? It even uses your regular melee damage and multiplies it, it also has its combos and parkour maneuvers.

I know how it works, Valkyr is my most played frame.

Short answer to your question, you can´t cancel it and are forced to melee til the duration is over.

On a melee only build being in melee isn't something you'll need to be getting out of XD

I love my Dual Cleavers and Jat Kittag much more than claws and don't use Hysteria even once in 9/10 missions I play Valkyr. Having Prolonged Paralysis with single target low range weapon - claws are - is just a waste.

If u don't mind about spaming ability every 3 sec

banshee are a good choice with max - duration build ( yeah - ) max transient fortitude + max fleeting for -87.5% duration slap natural talent on it and put savage silence on it

there u go u can pretty much stun lock mob the whole time they stun for 3 sec ( silence duration are 3.1 so u can use it all the time )

and u will ALWAY deal stealth dmg not just a first hit like loki - ash - excalibur but ALWAY every hit u do when silence alway apply to stealth dmg 

only the nullifier can stop this other wise u can stun lock pretty much the whole map the whole time

Volt+shocking speed mod + galatine+ maxed prime reach= melee god. Add freezing arua mod ( forgot actual name, y'all know what it is) for sentinal. And you have guys shocked and frozen while my massive damage 13meter galatine breaks the world at insane speed with cleaving whirlwind to turn the room into a frezzing electric tornado of blades.

Edited by QuarkBlade

Best melee Warframes?

Valkyr and Ash come to mind, for obvious reasons. Rhino is a tank. Excalibro, since he has some augs that help with melee damage. Volt, because super-sanic. Loki, because radial disarm and stealth multipliers. Banshee, because silence and sonar. Zephyr has some nice abilities that help close the gap, and she's tanky. Mirage, because four times the fun and damage/damage reduction multipliers.

Pick one. Any one.

Volt+shocking speed mod + galatine+ maxed prime reach= melee god. Add freezing arua mod ( forgot actual name, y'all know what it is) for sentinal. And you have guys shocked and frozen while my massive damage 13meter galatine breaks the world at insane speed with cleaving whirlwind to turn the room into a frezzing electric tornado of blades.

Please get Quickening too on the Galatine, you won't lose that much damage, because its one of the highest damage weapons.

I also tried it with Jat Kittag, its attack speed becomes terrifying.

Edited by Burnthesteak87