Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Narrow Minded Needed For Nova Prime?

(PSN)Mazda_07_

Question

15 answers to this question

I dont think you need it (I use primed continuity+ constitution instead anyway) but I am sure that you could get it to a descent rank and put stretch to wait out most of the negative range

of course if you just want to pool all of your effort into MP

then you want to get as much duration on there as you can

Yes, NM is very good with Nova.

First, aim for energy efficiency.
SO you would want a one from max Fleeting expertise and Streamline for the 75% eff cap.

Second, focus on Duration.
Max narrow minded, continuity and constitution

with your last 3 mods slots, I'd run Intensify to increase MPrimes slow effect and the run max Redirection and Vitality.

If you want to hit the slow cap, then you would need at least a rank 1 Blind Rage along with Intensify, but this would require putting more points into Streamline and Fleeting.

You could also swap out Intensify for a Transient fortitude, 2 from the top and hit the slow cap while leaving Fleeting and streamline both one from max.

You will take a hit on duration, but it shouldn't be THAT bad. And with Prime Continuity coming soon (Hopefully) then the duration loss from transient won't matter at all.

Edited by (PS4)Zelisius

Yes and no. Yes because her Molecular Prime is affected by duration, the higher the better. However negative strength will make enemies move faster not slower. No because you may need to use a D polarity just to make it fit in whatever build your using.

For T4 survival:

Energy SIphon in the aura slot, Streamline, Redirection and Vitatlity(if it can fit), Primed Flow and Continuity, Narrow Minded, Constitution, Trasient fortitude, Intensify.

Make sure to use Antimatter drop on groups of enemies, and only use Molecular Prime when you are surrounded, and/or you need to slow down enemies to revive people.

The small amount of duration loss from Transient fortitude wont matter if you have primed continuity and narrow minded on. Do NOT use fleeting exptertise, the negative duration is too much. 

Hope this helps.

Also here is a link to a build you can use.

http://goo.gl/lVnfGV

Edited by shadow18715

I dont think its needed but it is nice to have on for how I play her

This is my build, keep in mind i forma'd 1 V slot for a dash where primed flow sits. All mods are maxed unless stated otherwise. You can also fit on primed continuity but I havnt leveled up that mod much

Constitution

Continuity

Narrow minded (rank 4)

Vitality

stretch

Primed Flow (rank 9)
streamline

intensify

energy siphon aura or corrossive projection

Edited by kuri99

Yes and no. Yes because her Molecular Prime is affected by duration, the higher the better. However negative strength will make enemies move faster not slower. No because you may need to use a D polarity just to make it fit in whatever build your using.

For T4 survival:

Energy SIphon in the aura slot, Streamline, Redirection and Vitatlity(if it can fit), Primed Flow and Continuity, Narrow Minded, Constitution, Trasient fortitude, Intensify.

Make sure to use Antimatter drop on groups of enemies, and only use Molecular Prime when you are surrounded, and/or you need to slow down enemies to revive people.

The small amount of duration loss from Transient fortitude wont matter if you have primed continuity and narrow minded on. Do NOT use fleeting exptertise, the negative duration is too much. 

Hope this helps.

Also here is a link to a build you can use.

http://goo.gl/lVnfGV

you mean corrosive proj? Its always better than energy siphon in long endless missions

NM is used on almost all Nova builds - the exception is building around the Antimatter Absorb augment. 

Basically, if you really love the augment, you want to install max range to get as much use from it as possible, so you won't be using NM.

You could also ditch NM for a nuke build, but it'd only be any good at lower levels.

Other than that, most serious content builds, whether speed or snare, install Narrow Minded.

Edit: For T4 Surv, I like to use a lower duration build with maximum snare. This ensures enemies that are a threat to me are snared, and the lower duration prevents me from snaring enemies running in from spawns, which would reduce the kill rate of the team and potentially cause life support issues. If I wanted to build without NM:

FE R3 and Streamline R5 (or both R4, to preference) for efficiency

Transient Fortitude R8 for maximum snare

Primed Continuity and Constitution for duration

Natural Talent for cast speed when under fire

Redirection or Vitality to take a few stray hits

Stretch or the second ehp mod from above, depending on if you want better explosions from MPrime or more effective health

That gives you pretty neutral duration (without Prime on the Continuity), which may not be enough... if you had Narrow Minded, installing it in place of Constitution would give you a much larger affected area, although explosions would be less helpful... you might want to install stretch if using NM to keep Wormhole useful. Basically, if you're lacking the Prime Continuity, I'd really suggest running with Narrow Minded in the build to keep the duration positive.

Edited by Darzk