Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Were You Like When You First Started Warframe?

9tailboy

I started warframe in september of 2013, it was truely a magical game to me when it first came out. Warframe was introduced to me when I was watching a youtube video, then came an advertisement and it said "Ninjas play free". Because I'm a ninja fan, I said "why not try this?", so I looked at the game concepts and what the story is about, and downloaded it.

Downloading warframe took 4 hours for me to play!!! This was around update 10, shadows of the dead. Then once I played warframe, I was mystified by the graphics and how everything worked, like compare update 10 graphics to now, its a lot different, People told me about the void, and when I first tried it, I got wrecked so hard, literally the first 10 seconds everyone was downed and thats when I promised I would never go there.

Eventually I did a ton of research and learned how mechanics work and no longer was I a newb. Now here I am, nearly rank 13, with 10+ warframes, 40+ weapons, in a mountain clan, and 100 friends total.

How were you like when you first played warframe?

me? well I played solo for the first planet or so, cause i couldn't figure out how to switch it back :P(the old UI with the bar across the top).

Made it to the first defense mission then spent like 30 minutes trying it over and over again to no avail. Then i didn't play for a few days, came back, figured out how to switch it back to online and was saved by a glorious frost player.

Needless to say it was all downhill from there :P

All of my expenses have been paid by someone else's money.

This x1000. I have yet to buy platinum yet just over time I've easily made 6000+plat. All about doing events. I want to buy a prime access but the last two have been lackluster in my opinion. Waiting for another syndana of Misa Primes caliber. Not the Dora-the-explorer backpack. :\

Me when I first started Warframe: 

Dafuq is this shiz? 

OMG I CAN F$%&%*$% PARKOUR THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVAR 9001/1337 

After I got out of the Tutorial:

OMG I can customize Excalibur? *ten minutes of making him red and black, as are my favorite colors* MY GOD. THIS LOOKS AMAZING.

*proceeds to buy Immortal skin* YES!!! 

*finds out about Excalibur Prime* OMG I MUST HAVE! 

*finds out I can never have Excalibur Prime and that he'll never be available again* 

cartoon-sad-face-149-350x340.jpg

Well, I first started and grouped up with my younger brother, his friend and our mutual friend. The short version is they rushed, left me to die, my resolve shattered and I left the game for awhile, eventually I returned, got Founders, started playing and eventually got to where I am now.

Hmm, saw a vid on youtube and thought it was interesting. Back then it was U12 or so,around december 2013. All i ever knew was to start a mission and decimate everything, failed the first rank up mission later that day though.

Then S#&$ hit the fan and i grinded all day long, every day. Haven't seen the end of grinding even now at MR18

Edit: FORMA EVERYTHING

Edited by Xatheon

Dafuq is this shiz? 

OMG I can customize Excalibur? *ten minutes of making him red and black, as are my favorite colors* MY GOD. THIS LOOKS AMAZING.

*finds out I can never have Excalibur Prime and that he'll never be available again* 

Thank you for the tears. They were truly delicious.

Dafuq is this shiz? 

giphy.gif

I thought going for Loki over Excal was a good decision. No mods and being very squishy was a harsh learning curve.

Notable memories:
* Meeting ancients for the first time... about 4-6 of them all in a single grineer room. We all ran out of bullets because we didn't know their weak point was their boot. 

*Getting killed by the old Hek countless times, and basically rotating rezes while kiting around boxes... then running out of ammo and just all 4 of us beating on him with swords in vain lol.

*Doing long ground slides and killing everything that came into range with a Strun.

Ignorant/unknowing mostly.

Just didn't know what mods were worth using and that made such a steep learning curve. Didn't have a Serration and completely ignored elemental mods because I thought they were for procs and not for damage. A friend that I used to play TF2 with gave me some advice and I pretty much went from there. Admittedly, I was one of those Rhino/Soma players that never forma'd but eventually came to my own liking of weapons. There was a clan glitch and I thought I was kicked out, so I started a clan and built it from the ground up, gathering students for tutelage.

Me and my friend got board and started looking up games that were getting released and saw this game and its parkour and really liked the concept. They were handing out keys for closed beta, so i signed up, waited about a day, and got the key. 

So being in closed beta was odd;

Skill Tree

Every gun had the same skin

Bare minimum of a solar system etched out, with a blue and white speckled dots

I also was at least smart enough to get myself a Braton Vandel which are the only thing i can show from closed beta(along with the Lato Vandel awarded to us i thinkkkkkkk)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/10762-update-63-hotfixes/

I have been here since early February 2013 Close Beta, if you google the game since then its made some vast improvements, good and bad.

Edited by AlienTetris

I saw a youtube video on machinima channel (I think) and they announced it will be on xbox one. I watch the trailer and thought, "he this games looks cool I was buying destiny and metro redux so lets get all 3 ^-^". I join the game at late September when I first got my xb1, After some messing around when I first played this game I knew nothing about it, but played safe and mostly alone. Meet a friend of a friend who also played the game and figured the majority of thing out on my own.Man I was on venus to Jupiter for like forever it seems.   Found this game to be way more appealing then destiny ever will be.

(wish I didn't spent those starter plat on revives -_-)

Edited by (XB1)KoG Cleric

Dafuq is this shiz? 

LMAO!! +1 

True story!!

I was a true noob starting out fresh in warframe and made hundreds of mistakes in the first 100+ hours spent in the game, and solo'd (can't truly say all nodes since I was able to play with random parties to unlock other nodes) many countless missions,

Edited by saltygr33n