Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Were You Like When You First Started Warframe?

9tailboy

First Day: Paris is life
End of First week: Paris sucks, I need a guuunnnnn

Beginning of Second week: Braton is life

End of 1st month: This thing is kinda weak

Beginning of 2nd month: Latron got me like YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Middle of 2nd month: Tiberon got me like YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

End of 2nd month: Latron Prime got me like YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cURRENTLY IN 3RD MONTH: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

An freind told me about the game, loved the idea behind it, but sucked because you had to farm and pay and such, back at U8 I think, left the game  and came back right around when the new HUD system was out.

Played for a long time, then my other friend DIDN'T STOP PLAYING IT, then that killed the game for me, but after the ships came out and such and I got ways of making money, I spent money and got back into it.

When I first saw the Rhino Prime, it felt like heaven.

But now?, pfft, warframe is dead to me now, lack of content, burnouts, U16 slowness, bad Devstreams, barely any feedback help.   

I remember the first time I found an Ancient and it was before Damage 2.0... worse it was a disruptor... and I was Mag.

Hitting its carapace was a nightmare and it took me 2 Braton clips, and a Lato mag, to realize I'm not doing any damage. It was like my first Dead Space run.

as for my whole first time experience, I turned this game into an RPG for myself after getting to know the basics. I can feel the ninja-ness despite the flaws especially on stealth.

Edited by faustias

Ran around as an Excalibur charge-killing everything with my Skana. I had no idea that such a thing as weapon blueprints existed (I thought a majority was platinum-locked), and I sold plenty of common fusion cores because I thought they were useless because of their abundance (I didn't know I could upgrade my mods either).

Also, the days when Mercury led to Saturn, and I was unable to ever kill Sargas Ruk because my then-poor weapons couldn't outgun his shields.

When I started I picked Volt because I thought "kewl he shoots lightning n stuff".
Then I spent a month playing public and I realized show utterly unprepared I was so I went into the void of solitude (solo mode) for ahem like....half a year and only after that I went into PUGs.
My beginnings in Warframe could be summed up in one sentence. "Completely oblivious to any other weapons than Cronus, Despair and Latron."

Lost and in awe, kept saying there was nothing like Warframe. The beginning of PS4 launch was great because everyone was noobs and were discovering things, a lot of activity, a balanced market for trading mods.

I wish I could re-experience that time specifically, it was a ton of fun and I bet Xbox One Tenno had a lot of fun as well.

This is really interesting thread, heres my story

When i was a young green tenno who just got his own first Liset....

DmsxTKj.jpg

"OMG guys, did you see, I pulled that one zombie looking creature across the room and then stabbed it with my cool new see-through sword :D"

2 years later, Standing on a mountain in a war scarred world...

fGwosph.jpg

"...yes....I've done it all."

Edited by Nerevar22g

Started as the same time as you. It was brutal the first 2 worlds since I could never find a PUG. Got founders since it looked shiny as hell...and I got my first paycheck literally 1 week before founders ended.

That sums me up ^

Always at the moment.

lol I also fogot to mention that I wanted founders too but it was too late, but I dealt with it

However one fact about when I started warframe

*Checked the market*

*Saw all these beautiful stuff*

*realized I need platinum D:*

*Then I saw blueprints*

And I was like "Dafuq is this sh!t!? I can't get anything out of this!"

A few days later I got the dread bp, and I finally figured out how the foundry works,

"OOOOOOO YESS IMMA BUILD THIS BOW!!! TIME FOR A BOSS MONTAGE!!!"

A few weeks later...

"F**K i suck with bow this dread is sh!t"

then I got another BP and built again, THIS TIME I KEPT IT!!!

Now the dread stands out as ony of my most favorite weapons in warframe :D

I think I caught a glimpse of some Warframe gameplay while I was looking at something else.  The art design looked really interesting.  Got it (this was just after the Liset came in), loved art design and the lore, and the intro missions

Found that in public missions everyone went hareing off into the distance and I didn't know what was happening, so the fact that everyone rushed and nobody talked to anybody was a bit annoying.

Took a while to understand all the bits and bobs.  Eventually came to love the game and it never leaves my hard drive, even though I tend to just play it now and then and get obsessed with it then drop it.