Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was The Draco Alert..... De Trying To Make A Point,

Dreadwire

I started it with Valkyr + Scindo Prime,  and i found another Valkyr, a Nova and an Ash in that pug, but at 3rd rnd i noticed i had the wrong sigil  so i aborted and restarted :P

OT:

PLEASE DE MAKE SIGIL SELECTION IN A MORE COMFORTABLE AND FUNCTIONAL LOCATION IN THE LOADOUT MENUS, NOT SO NESTED DOWN

Then i restarted it with a glass cannon Invisi + Irradiating DIsarm Loki build, in the second pug we were 3 only: another Loki and a Nova.

In both the pugs we were facerolling the grineers, i guess they'll never get their DNA adjusted after all, poor fellows.

I'm not butthurt about it, but I roll my eyes whenever I'm setting up to do the tactical alert again for fun and someone's all "MUST HAVE LIMBO MESA NOVA"  "No, you really don't, bring your most comfortable frame and git gud."

You still don't get it.

Some of us are tired and just want to be done with it. If someone ask you to bring specific frame you bring specific frame. You don't come with random stuff and say "hey get gud we roll like this cause i want to roll like this".

Some people like challenge and run with lato. Some people want to do stuff as efficient as possible and ask for specific build/setup that will get the job done for sure at the most effective time/cost/difficulty.

I repeat it over and over again, if someone doesn't like how 3/4 of the team plays then he should leave and not join them in the first place. Its an online game not singleplayer so "Group>indivudal unit" if 3 ppl agree to do something you don't become special cupcake and go against them.

For you folks knocking all the players using ability spam on the tac alert, keep in mind there are only four weapons eligible to use on the alert.  Fortunately I have a maxed Scindo Prime that I keep for certain occasions, otherwise I would have had to (re)build one of these weapons... at which point it wouldn't be very effective unless I was also willing to level it up and perhaps drop a catalyst in it.  Frame abilities will likely be the best 'weapon' for a number of players, so I can totally understand why some would heavily lean on those powers for the alert.

You still don't get it.

Some of us are tired and just want to be done with it. If someone ask you to bring specific frame you bring specific frame. You don't come with random stuff and say "hey get gud we roll like this cause i want to roll like this".

Some people like challenge and run with lato. Some people want to do stuff as efficient as possible and ask for specific build/setup that will get the job done for sure at the most effective time/cost/difficulty.

I repeat it over and over again, if someone doesn't like how 3/4 of the team plays then he should leave and not join them in the first place. Its an online game not singleplayer so "Group>indivudal unit" if 3 ppl agree to do something you don't become special cupcake and go against them.

I get that, and I didn't join any groups that were advertising specific frames, mostly hosted my own, what I'm talking about is the weird insistence that it's impossible to do with out one specific meta build. It's not impossible to do, it's not even very hard.

I don't have any problem with the meta, what I have a problem with is when inexperienced players seem to latch on to the meta and literally think it's the only way the game can be played.  It's like Rhinos with Boltor Primes all over again.

Edited by Gelkor

This current Tac Alert was soo good, I had a smoke after I was done. I personally love it when DE gives it right back to the community. You can't force players to play a certain way, but you can remind them how much fun the game can be when you don't spam 4.

Tactical Alerts have been dialed in, and I'm most excited about the next one. U16? Get out of here. Hype the next Tac alert. Give me a knives only, no ash/loki, Spy alert where we have to fight nothing but oxium drones.

It was pretty frustrating for me, I was the only one actually using melee to kill things. My teammates were all spamming abilities, no offense to them but they really NEVER melee, which really saddened me. 

To be fair, I'm sure there are several players like myself, who have never bothered to craft any heavy weapons. They just aren't my cup of tea. I started crafting Gram as soon as I saw the tac alert pop up, and it's now ready, and unranked. I don't think you want me trying to use it in this tac alert. Power spam is the only way I can not be a complete liability.

To be fair, I'm sure there are several players like myself, who have never bothered to craft any heavy weapons. They just aren't my cup of tea. I started crafting Gram as soon as I saw the tac alert pop up, and it's now ready, and unranked. I don't think you want me trying to use it in this tac alert. Power spam is the only way I can not be a complete liability.

yeah, of course

plenty of ppl don't have these, and they'd have to build them, rank them, and potato them -- and that probably means buying the potato.

lucky for me I started as loki, so built a lot of melee, and I never sell any weapons --- I had these all ready to go, but my bro don't.

I told him to just build one and spam frame stuf, since he'll probably go nova anyway

If you were in the squad of course I wouldn't even expect you to melee. But it was different in my squad. The level 12 trinity had under level gears. I would expect the squad to restart but it didn't. If melee isn't level 30 I'd expect at least a level 30 warframe. Also, others had galatine and gram which were already 30. I expected them to kill the enemies trying to capture towers with melee a little but it never happened and ash only spammed 4 and mesa did the same. I wish I took the screenshot, because they both killed about 2k enemies total and about 1% was melee kills.

Edited by Chuck_NoMiss

If you were in the squad of course I wouldn't even expect you to melee. But it was different in my squad. The level 12 trinity had under level gears and others had galatine and gram which were already 30. I expected them to kill with melee a little but it never happened and ash only spammed 4 and mesa did the same. I wish I took the screenshot, because they both killed about 2k enemies total and about 1% was melee kills.

frankly, if you go in there as mesa or ash with an underpowered sword you'd have to be $&*&*#(%& to run around melee instead of spamming 4.

what do you think the point of having 4 is?

was his sword potato'd?

maybe for a challenge you should eat your soup with a fork.

Edited by noteom

frankly, if you go in there as mesa or ash with an underpowered sword you'd have to be $&*&*#(%& to run around melee instead of spamming 4.

what do you think the point of having 4 is?

was his sword potato'd?

maybe for a challenge you should eat your soup with a fork.

What I'm trying to say is with their melee weapons they obviously could kill things. It seems you don't get the situation I was in.

I was recapturing the towers so many times because all they cared for was killing.

Underpowered sword?? Galatine is what I used, and Mesa had it and ash had gram. They did enough damage to kill enemies trying to capture our towers.

All I'm saying is that they never cared to melee and made it harder by blindly spamming 4.

I was recapturing the towers so many times because all they cared for was killing.

By killing them with Bladestorm and peacemaker, they effectively reduced the amount of enemies on the playing field making it easier for you to go around and capture the points. 

Regardless of them using melee or not, the outcome would've been the same. Enemies were killed, albeit at a slower pace.

By killing them with Bladestorm and peacemaker, they effectively reduced the amount of enemies on the playing field making it easier for you to go around and capture the points. 

Regardless of them using melee or not, the outcome would've been the same. Enemies were killed, albeit at a slower pace.

They didn't do enough damage when the capturing enemy is napalm or eximus. Melee was needed to deal a focused damage on the enemies that should go down immediately. They did not do a good job of defending the towers, and I had to run around all the time trying to recapture them. What you said works hypothetically, but in practice it was far from truth.

Edited by Chuck_NoMiss

They didn't do enough damage when the capturing enemy is napalm or eximus. Melee was needed to deal a focused damage on the enemies that should go down immediately. They did not do a good job of defending the towers, and I had to run around all the time trying to recapture them. What you said works hypothetically, but in practice it was far from truth.

Really? Because when I did it with a Saryn and Limbo, it worked perfectly. Nothing survived while the other one went around to capture them while I only killed them. He rarely ever lost one, in fact, the only time we did lose a node was when I got into a nasty bug where I kept doing a slam attack with the galatine...

That was a funny bug though.

RIP Solo players like me. Not going for PUGs because they will always be a mess.

It is a lot easier to solo.

And the main reason being that it's pretty challenging when you try to keep your team mates alive on top of capturing points and killing enemies.

25-30 revives in a single mission. I don't think I've ever revived my squad members so many times.

I get that, and I didn't join any groups that were advertising specific frames, mostly hosted my own, what I'm talking about is the weird insistence that it's impossible to do with out one specific meta build. It's not impossible to do, it's not even very hard.

I don't have any problem with the meta, what I have a problem with is when inexperienced players seem to latch on to the meta and literally think it's the only way the game can be played.  It's like Rhinos with Boltor Primes all over again.

Well then its their problem. It just depensd what you can do, out of top of my head theres bunchload of ways to do this event.

4x invis loki, with disarm

4x hysteria valkyr

4x puddle hydroid

or any other frames or mix of frames. There is so much cc and powers in this game that any loadout can work. AS long as you use those powers, rather than running around and meleeing everything.

Really? Because when I did it with a Saryn and Limbo, it worked perfectly. Nothing survived while the other one went around to capture them while I only killed them. He rarely ever lost one, in fact, the only time we did lose a node was when I got into a nasty bug where I kept doing a slam attack with the galatine...

That was a funny bug though.

I'm talking about my squad though, level 12 trinity, ash mesa and rhino prime.