Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was The Draco Alert..... De Trying To Make A Point,

Dreadwire

This is my second or third time on Draco. i avoid it because of Rep farm,

usually farmer go there with the same setup, the same spamming and the same warframe,

but today its was hellishly different,

everyone there doing it for a reward and those who brave enough do it twice just to get the no good stratos emblem, no offence DE,

first time do it with a pug, everyone die less then 30 sec

to my surprise........  WOW

i invite my brother who the done this with the "usual method" he said it be hard,

so i just say.. lets just try it,

bring in my no forma valkry with no forma galatine and his excalibro with prime scindo,

jump in to the pug, pray for trinity,

and loki come in, and we waited, no people going to join us,

(just a 3 man team)

so we jump right in,

1st round was hell, everyone died, the loki die twice and my bro die once,

but wee keep at it,

once we get to round 3 it seem everyone was in tune, loki doing his thing and exel doing doing his thing, as valkry (me) doing dps and emergency reviver incase everyone dead,

once we get into round 7 and 8 ...

it feel omg, its so easy, and its FUN

Maybe De try to tell us something here guys,

Team play is more important, Im sure DE try to make a point on this alert,

and it isn't a Rep framing,

thank you valkry for warcry

thank you loki for you disarm

thank you exelibro for you blind

and

Thank you DE,

Doing solo is possible, but it really requires alot of effort depending on teh frame and gamestyle of the player.

With the use of specters or Nekros is quite handy on that mission.

Funny, I find Interception (especially Draco) a lot easier solo, at least up to round 4 or so. I did both rounds solo with Ember and Scindo Prime; I failed the first try at Stratos Emblem (4% difference, darnit!) but I eventually 'brute forced' it with max efficiency 40m Accelerant spam. Just pack a lot of energy restores because 1) you'll have to spam some kind of slow/stop-CC to stall them from getting to radio console and 2) you might as well be channeling the entire time after wave 4. For me, half the entire spawn of last 2 waves seemed to be nothing but Eviscerators and Napalms :(

RIP Solo players like me. Not going for PUGs because they will always be a mess.

Every now and then I'm like "I'll do some coop tonight!"   (haven't done this alert yet, sold all heavy weapons months ago)

...first mission: Mesa standing on energy restores and aimbotting

...second mission: Excalibur standing on energy restores radial javelining.

...third mission: back to solo

But last night I had a very nice key share with four T4 Sabotages. Everyone talked and worked as a team and shared tips on finding caches...even found a rare orokin container - thanks Obama.

Edited by Lanieu

Single Excalibur can handle all enemies with the Range+efficiency build with ~70 Large energy restores without energy shipon and javelin spam if used for all 8 waves.

That being said any composition that uses strong control abilities will get it done relatively easily like loki with disarm and decoy, Nyx with Mind Control and Chaos, Vauban with Bastille/vortex, Saryn with molt and miasma stun, Excalibur with Blind and Javelin stun, Mag with Pull and Crush, Oberon with Smite and reckoning radiation procs, Rhino with stomp, Zephyr with Tornadoes, Hydroid with tentacles and puddle, Volt with Pop-up shields and elec procs on Shock and overload and possibly speed with augment, Nekros with SotD and Terrify, Valkyr with paralyze (mayby with augment) and War cry.  And trinity if you have any of previously mentioned to save on energy restore pads

PS. may have missed some abilities for the job

After not playing warframe for around 2 months i jumped in to do the tactical alert and i pugged it(like always).

I picked duration+link range trinity and a scindo p(im not a fan of melee that much)

First game was super smooth, jumped in and got a 12,15 and another 18(besides me). We had rhino with shouts, loki with irradiating disarm and a zephyr. Everything went really smooth, i topped guys with energy if they were close enough and popped blessing now and then for the buff.

For 2/2 i pugged again with the same setup(mine), just took off carrier to get below 500. This time i got matched with oberon, rhino and loki(no augs). This time it was a little bit harder because the enemies were tougher and we got downed a couple of times(me being a terrible trinity player ;p), but we managed to do it and it was so damn satisfyng. Im sure i was seeing enemies level 70ish at some point.

I've played draco normally and with repfarming teams so that probably helped a bit.

Im not sure it was a good idea on DE's part to run the event on a node that a lot of people play on, but who knows. It could be easily "repfarmed", but you'd miss the fun of melee only restriction.

IMO the best event to date, it's short, challenging yet you feel really rewarded once you've done the first part to get the mod and then you just want to go for the second to test it out. Good thinking from DE on that part :)

Edited by kiteohatto

Maybe i got lucky but my first two games went down smoothly with random groups.

first game for stance: 3 rhinos and Ash, not a single player down, everyone kept spinning and murdering.

Second game the stratos emblem: Mesa with maxed range and duration, Semi disarm loki, 2 valkyrs. Our poor mesa was targeted pretty frequently luckily either loki or valkyr managed to get Mesa revived.

I treated this mission like fun not a choir this time, no repgrind just holding the points and murdering things with axe, maybe a bit lenghty but still fun.

I do believe it was DE's intention that there is more to mission than just press 4.

Edited by Morgax

I really liked the tactical alert; it was a nice (and fun) challenge to have a full team go melee. I managed to pair up with a decent team the first time then the second run (with the 500 conclave limit), I got dropped into an ongoing game with 2 dead (and not respawning) and another still holding the line... at 16% ~ 90% respectively and 8 rounds to go. A desperate situation, right?

And guess what? We brought it back : we managed to capture the points in a hurry and hold them all down, reacting to points being attacked. We cleared the round with 100% ~ 96%; the dead players quit and got replaced and we played it down to the last round and came out victorious. And it felt good. And it felt rewarding. And everyone was hyped finishing the last round.

Partly I think because we'd managed to pull out of a crysis that most players would have shied from and just abandonned but mostly because we were tearing through enemies like deadly fans of steel. It wasn't particularly hard, mind you; yes, the enemies got tanky by the last few rounds... but damn, I'm thinking of running the tactical alert again tonight just for the heck of it.

And I might whip out Gram just because : laser tube sword

Edited by Wiegraf

I ended up risking a pug and got a group that managed to pull it off on the first try.

Got a saryn, a rhino and a valkyr and i was playing a peacemaker spam mesa.

I stayed in the middle most of the time aimboting everything while the others capped the points and killed stragglers.

Had to burn a few restores but it was pretty straighfoward, it would be easier with a slow m prime nova though.

As for the heavy blade weapon itself, it was completely pointless since i was just shooting everything. Built a gram just to gain access to the alert, didnt even bother to rank it up cause i knew i wouldn't need to use it.