Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The U16 Anticipation Megathread

DonGheddo

They need to update to put in prime access or remove items. Either way there will be an update next week to do either of these things, if not both, or the whole of update16.

So either removing frostp will be a small update arfter U16 or removing frostp will be included in U16.

Yea in U16 will be whole Prime Access if it will be this week, but will be locked until next patch when hes will be actualy released.

Again, yes, financially sound argument. Technically, from an IT perspective, totally not worth the effort. You would need to prepare now a patch for stuff you have no idea about. So any potential hotfixes for U16 would have to be touched twice! The released code, and factored into the PA package, waiting to be released, sitting on the shelf... Developer's nightmare, believe me.

So, let's see and wait what matters more to the best gaming development team I've seen for at least... dunno. Ever?(*)

Peace out, man, maybe none of us is right :-)

(*) post-U14 Starchart GUI excluded

Edited by hoeskioeh

Yea in U16 will be whole Prime Access if it will be this week, but will be locked until next patch when hes will be actualy released.

Yeah, that would just be foolish. "Here buy this, but you can't have it until next week." That would drive the playerbase up a wall considering how every other prime access has been released with the corresponding in-game parts.

Yeah, that would just be foolish. "Here buy this, but you can't have it until next week." That would drive the playerbase up a wall considering how every other prime access has been released with the corresponding in-game parts.

I think you misunderstood him. Volt p can be in the game files, but not be available for purchase until next wednesday.

Edited by NICKTHECHAMP11

Easy.

To stop access to farm-able parts, DE has to change the drop tables.

To change the drop tables, you have to change the code.

To change the code, you have to patch.

So, either it is one giant package, U16 plus or including this change, which would be convenient and good practice,

or, they will roll out two totally unrelated patches shortly after another... that would be very unusual.

If you ever worked with/for/in/against software development, you would understand.

What does this have to do with my understanding of software development? If we were talking console updates itd make sense but since were on pc they can do as many patches as they like.

What I and many others are saying is that PA and U16 do not directly have an effect on eachother. They CAN be in the same update, but that doesnt mean they HAVE to be or will be

What I and many others are saying is that PA and U16 do not directly have an effect on eachother. They CAN be in the same update, but that doesnt mean they HAVE to be or will be

But, that is exactly what i was saying...

we are _all_ speculating here, it can be one, or the other, or none of it. maybe a combination of both...

the thread here is about speculation, as i understood it, we are just throwing around hypothesises(?).. hypothesis'(?)... hypo-whats-its - not voting on what DE has to do :-) i'll try to defend my hyppopothesis by arguing for it, you try to defend your hypnotoad by arguing against mine... as long as we both have fun that way, everyone wins ;-)

I think you misunderstood him. Volt p can be in the game files, but not be available for purchase until next wednesday.

Yea this, sorry i formuled it bad in my answer. PA filles will be in U16 but they will be just locked until next patch/hotifx ( it will be same with anniversary stuff ).

Yea this, sorry i formuled it bad in my answer. PA filles will be in U16 but they will be just locked until next patch/hotifx ( it will be same with anniversary stuff ).

It's ok, my bad. This would be possible the only problem is what the playerbase has come to expect. Which is:

-prime access removed

-trailer shown

-new prime in the first next update

It's possible they may do as you say but I doubt it due to their track record.

Edited by Postal_pat

But, that is exactly what i was saying...

we are _all_ speculating here, it can be one, or the other, or none of it. maybe a combination of both...

the thread here is about speculation, as i understood it, we are just throwing around hypothesises(?).. hypothesis'(?)... hypo-whats-its - not voting on what DE has to do :-) i'll try to defend my hyppopothesis by arguing for it, you try to defend your hypnotoad by arguing against mine... as long as we both have fun that way, everyone wins ;-)

I guess I misunderstood your wording then

It's ok, my bad. This would be possible the only problem is what the playerbase has come to expect. Which is:

-prime access removed

-trailer shown

-new prime in the first update

Prime Access is already remowed :D

Trailer is already UP.

New Prime Access is mostly 7days after remowed PA, thats next week.

-prime access removed

-trailer shown

-new prime in the first update

Both U13 and U14 didn't have a prime frame if I remember correctly, though.

I really want to believe that it's going to be tomorrow 

Good news! You're allowed to believe anything you want, just so long as you don't harm other people with your beliefs. :3

So far as the answer to the OP's question goes, it is as follows:

Update 16 will launch immediately following RedText's usual banter, when whichever lovely member of DE presses the [update] button (as whoever was in [DE]HeliosBot described it earlier today).

Edited by Meta_Nexus

So we all know DE always releases the Prime Access teaser a week before the release of Prime Access itself. I had the impression that it was going to be the week after PAX, since they did reveal it there. But just today, they released the teaser on youtube itself.

So can I confirm that U16 WILL NOT be arriving tomorrow?

I cannot confirm that Update 16 and the new Prime Access will come on the same day.

However, the teaser we saw at Tennolive was just a sneak-peek. Nova's Prime Access ended today, so today is when the countdown starts for the next one.

U16 doesn't have to come with the new PA...

In fact, I don't know why anybody assumed it would. In any case, DE would most likely want to release it before the new PA. So...

So can I confirm that U16 WILL NOT be arriving tomorrow?

No, you can't. U16 will most likely - hell, it's pretty much guaranteed - come this week. 

U16 doesn't have to come with the new PA...

In fact, I don't know why anybody assumed it would. In any case, DE would most likely want to release it before the new PA. So...

No, you can't. U16 will most likely - hell, it's pretty much guaranteed - come this week. 

Considering the time the teaser site came out, it's close, probably tomorrow.