Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Pc] Lack Of Mmo Feel For A Hardcore Player

Aodan

Multiplayer online 3D Internet Relay Chat with 3ed person party based Instanced missions with collectable card trading.

Multiplayer online 3D Internet Relay Chat with 3ed person party based Instanced missions with collectable card trading and side-scrolling shooter...

Not that Wyrmius really qualifies as a decent shooter, but it is there :P
Edited by KracsNZ

First thing I did was rush a Boltor P and with Syndicates, I quickly got my Synoid. There is tons of information on top DPS weapons or Utility weapons out there so that new players can figure out what weapons are trash and which ones are worth investments.

Stopped reading after this. 

The OP is the reason several people that I have tried to get into playing Warframe have quit very soon afterwards.  They run into this elitist attitude from select players that bash them for not having the most elite this, that or other.

I think what is the most frustrating part for me is that players like the OP expect me to play their way rather than mine.  I like playing with pugs and have no expectations when I do because I know that random players is random players.  If I'm doing something very specific then I depend on my clan mates and friends.  How did I come by dependable players I can count on to help out?  Pugs.

I hope that the OP finds me in a pug and turns his nose up in disgust because I'm a dirty casual player who could care less about optimal builds and (gasp!) plays to have fun.  When you do please put me on ignore.  I think both of us will be happier players that way.

DKP

The OP is the reason several people that I have tried to get into playing Warframe have quit very soon afterwards.  They run into this elitist attitude from select players that bash them for not having the most elite this, that or other.

I think what is the most frustrating part for me is that players like the OP expect me to play their way rather than mine.  I like playing with pugs and have no expectations when I do because I know that random players is random players.  If I'm doing something very specific then I depend on my clan mates and friends.  How did I come by dependable players I can count on to help out?  Pugs.

I hope that the OP finds me in a pug and turns his nose up in disgust because I'm a dirty casual player who could care less about optimal builds and (gasp!) plays to have fun.  When you do please put me on ignore.  I think both of us will be happier players that way.

DKP

I think the op earned a place on the " Must rip off in trade and do not invite" list of quite some people. 

Have yet to read the rest of this thread but I did initially think the problem after reading the OP isn't other players but just your expectations. You have a problem with how people choose to play the game and youdisagree with them because they don't play your way. They don't use 'efficient' builds, they don't max out this or that, they take their time on missions. Big whoop. Sounds like you may take things too seriously.

Good grief they aren't using a Boltor Prime or easy kill weapon but instead a weapon they just enjoy using? The horror.

Edited by Naith

this is why they need to block the void/high level missions from low mastery players

No. As has been stated numerous times, mastery rank has NO impact on your skill. You could be a MR2 player and grab something that works reasonably well for your style of play, and never find a new weapon, loving what you have. Should these people who devote their time into playing with their favorite toy get barred from missions just because YOU don't like their mastery level?

When I hit Mastery Rank 10, I had still yet to use a single forma to polarize an item. I just kept using different items, potatoing ones I liked, and only selling credit-bought ones or ones that I really hated (I.E. Burston). I was Mastery Rank 12-13 by the time I maxed Serration and Hornet Strike (and that wasn't a mere 9 to 10, it was a large jump, delay was mostly due to ), Redirection was maxed around the same time, and I STILL don't have Vitality maxed (it's at rank 8, half way to 9, done with only duplicates), at Mastery Rank 16.

Not that such made me ineffective, I knew plenty well what I was doing, but it does go to show that Mastery Rank is not indicative of as much as you seem to imply.

The very fact that he rushed a Boltor Prime and Synoid Gammacor shows he's clearly a minmaxer, with no interest in enjoying the variety Warframe has to offer. And there's nothing wrong with that, but holding it against others is petty. This isn't a competitive game. 

Most of these replies make me so happy :3

It's good to know that most players are still interested in playing the game for fun, rather than ultra efficient farming and min-maxing. If you find Boltor Prime and Synoid Gammacor really fun or that they accommodate your playstyle, by all means, USE THEM! But don't go turning your nose up to any player who has the gall and indecency not to mimic your obsessions by using "trash weapons". We aren't "filthy casuals" for not valuing peak DPS. Those who think we are will always be "filthy elitists" in my eyes.

Stay golden, community. Make sure OP never trusts a random pug match again.

Edited by Kestral9999

I'm not hating on new players, by no means are you a new player by MR8+

This is an MMOFPS, there are other games that are vastly underdeveloped that would still meet MMO.

I expect an MR8+ player to be able to garnish a 1400+ Rating Setup and be able to play their potato'd/forma'd warframes to a optimal level. I've ran into mulitple players who just out right played like they were MR1-3 running through their first few missions.

I just recently hit MR10, but most of my gear (mods and primary loadout) and rating were accquired long before MR8. I've only recently hit 1500+ rating on all my main loadouts.

Heck just yesterday I was doing r5 Core Farming on Triton and I had an MR 16 player with Frost P and a 1300 rating loadout who couldn't even solo defend an Extractor at only 800 Cryotic

This is not an MMO nor is it an FPS. It is a squad based TPS at its core. The only way to compare warframe to an MMO is the insane grind. Also this game does a S#&$ job at teaching players, idk where you got the idea that the learning curve was at all decent. The only way to learn is through either back breaking trial and error or asking other players.

Sure Shot: Increases pistol status chance by 15%.

Conclave Rating: C50.

Jolt: increases pistol status chance by 60%, AND adds 60% lightning damage.

Conclave Rating: C30.

Conclave points mean literally nothing unless you are doing one of those conclave limited lerts. Another Example:

Vitality: Increases Warframe Max HP by 440%. Used by almost everyone at least to some extent.

Conclave Rating: C10.

Diamond Skin: Increases Radiation Resistance. Used by nobody.

Conclave Rating: C15.

I believe the conclave system needs to be updated to account for new mods. 

this is why they need to block the void/high level missions from low mastery players

Why? Mastery Rank is not an indication of veterancy, or skill, or high-level gear, etc. It is ONLY an indicator of how much stuff a player has maxed out. The higher the mastery rank, the more stuff someone has collected. That's really it. It shouldn't be a limiting factor in gameplay, it really shouldn't be based on how much stuff you've maxed out, and players certainly shouldn't be judged by their mastery rank.

I've done years of competitive PvP both in FPS and MMO as well as high end progression/raiding from games like DAoC, WoW, and many others. I recently stop trying to play MMO PvP Competitively cause the only one that seems to stick is WoW Arena and it's just no longer my thing. Since Closed Beta, I knew Warframe was fun to play and continously pumps out content. So why does it not feel like an MMO for me?

I think the issue is more in the mentality of the majority of the current community, I could only imagine how much worse it may be on consoles. I grew up in my MMO experince finding that VOIP and Coordination were key aspects that must be present in any player who wishes to progress and experince end game content. Now with pretense, I know that Warframe is grind friendly with obtaining gear and that U16 Raids should hopefully provide a challenge, but before that, there are building concerns with players I may randomly group with or may "enjoy" in a raid.

Just in simple farming/voids I've found that about 5/8 players I play with (Even with clannies);

1. Don't use VOIP or grossly avoid it. (both in game and 3rd party)

2. Get lost easily on maps (even though you have a mini map)

3. Lack the knowledge to optimally play their frames (more in play than having max mods)

4. Absent mindedly play and cause drawn out missions/waste of time

Warframe is like none of the games mentioned so obviously it's going to feel weird for you.

Warframe is more simplistic (during missions) then those games thus doesn't require voip. Even in the raids we won't need it because it's just streamlined missions that we have done before, and simple puzzles.

1. I don't want to hear a person bark orders and insult the team. -Every voip player because unless you can record them they can get away with it.

2. Sometimes people get too worked up and forget to look at their minimap. I've played with people that just focus on what's in front of them instead of the hud and even they didn't get lost.

3. What is optimal because for some people on the forums optimal appears to be the ability to spam. Why should they be at optimal, let them play how they want.

4. Seriously? Efficiency of a misson? **** it, we'll restrict everyone's mods to rush and spam mods.

No. As has been stated numerous times, mastery rank has NO impact on your skill. You could be a MR2 player and grab something that works reasonably well for your style of play, and never find a new weapon, loving what you have. Should these people who devote their time into playing with their favorite toy get barred from missions just because YOU don't like their mastery level?

its not about the numbers, its about the experience using different weapons what makes mastery rank relevant, if i see a mastery rank 8 or 10 i can at least trust he knows how the basic gear works, im not going to do a void key with a mastery rank 0 or 1 because, that is telling me (even if is not true because he dont want to do the ranks tests), that he doesnt know how handle the basics, and in consecuence is just going to be death weight to me, and i don't like to babysit newbies.

same goes for high level normal missions, if i can just taxi some newbie to pluto, then the feel of progression through the solar system just become irrelevant, and therefore, that newbie is going to get bored very fast because to him the game will be "too short". thats why they should block planets, that way the player will be forced to experience the whole thing, being forced to learn how to play and use different weapons, without "cheating" doing jumps through the difficulty of the game and also making him to feel ready and be ready when the time to play void/high lvl missions comes.

that is why also people hate archwing, they think they can do the high lvl mission with an odonata lvl 10 without mods, then they fail, and start complaining about the difficulty, but for people who are willing to farm the mods, the archwing is balanced and fun.

Edited by Toppien

Almost MR 10, as of posting.

Only thing I've ever Forma'd is my Valkyr. Once. Due to her dual status as The Immortal Waifu and The First Lady Of Getting-S#&$-Done-sylvania.

And yet, in my most fancy dress imported from the finest seamstresses in Getting-S#&$-Done-sylvania, I only juuuuust squeak over 1000.

(Also, I've been around since before Conclave even existed, whippersnapper. How do you think people managed to find people to work with before that?)

Well, thank goodness the OP is around to tell us how to play the game, and what level we should be playing.

Clearly, this man is a gaming God, and we should all worship at this man's Shrine.

Just to be clear, this isn't an MMO. In the words of DE themselves, this is a 'cooperative free-to-play online action game'

The quality of my game experience (When in a team) is not in any way proportional to the load-out of the other players.

The quality of my game experience (When in a team) is inversely proportional to other players propensity to be A******.

The more players involved in any activity, the more likelihood there will be one or more A******s that will ruin the game experience for me, so in all games I have ever played (in my 15 years of various MMOs) anything that ups the number of players in one activity reduces the likelihood of me enjoying it.

tl;dr I enjoy games, not herding cats, which IMHO is what all MMO's become when they rely on "teamwork" as a difficulty metric.