Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gender Locking

Koujjo

I know this is a dead horse, but does anyone else besides me have a problem playing frames of the opposite gender? I don't know if I'm a bit of a role player or it's because it breaks immersion for me but I just can't play female frames. I'm curious how many others feel the same.

Not really, its a game and the frame is just an in game avatar.

Also before you or anyone else asks, don't bother with the whole, they should making alternate gender frames since that's been asked many times and its not happening. 

1.) A person's physical attributes are their sex. Breasts, wide hips, etc are the female sex.  Gender is social behavior (e.g. a fondness for the color pink or wearing hair bows) which is learned from other people, and is not actually related to sex.

2.) A few people are bothered by playing frames of the opposite sex. You're a minority. It's not worth the development time to change this.

I cant play males. THEY ARE UGLY.

There.

Also. You are narrow minded. People like you are the reason games/movies with female protagonists are unpopular and feminism exists.

Hate me all you want, but this is the truth.

No problems at all with playing any frame.

DE have also stated that to create genderswaped frames they'd have to create an entirely new model, in which case they'd rather use a new model for a new frame with new abilities

It depends on the premise of the game. Other games give you complete character customization and you build onto that with items and whatnot.

In Warframe, the frames you use don't identify you. They're just a suit you put on. 

Also. You are narrow minded. People like you are the reason games/movies with female protagonists are unpopular and feminism exists.

And you are overly judgemental and jump to conclusions with little facts to support them.

It helps if you keep yourself detatched from any self-projection into WF. Save that for skyrim.

EDIT: I have absolutely no problem at all playing as any frame of any gender.

Edited by Snydrex

I cant play males. THEY ARE UGLY.

There.

Why is he narrow minded and why the insults? The same way he has the right to his opinion, you have the right to disagree but without the insults. I dont mind playing either but by general rule everytime I have played a female character in other games you get constantly harassed, so some players rather dont play female characters.

I personally like in this game only to play male characters, other than that I dont have problem with wich sex you prefer to play.

Edited by Kantazo

It helps if you keep yourself detatched from any self-projection into WF. Save that for skyrim.

EDIT: I have absolutely no problem at all playing as any frame of any gender.

Yeah I think that's what it is. Kinda like when I play MMOs with a good and an evil faction I always choose good.

Someday, they might have different sexed frame themes. Idea they kicked around one stream.

Like a Male Ember. Yet it wont be a reskin. It will be a new fire frame with different abilities.

Because eventually they will likely run out of new themes that work for a shooter. Gunslinger and dragon for our latest ones. come on. I think its time to revisit basic elements.

Yet I have no problem playing any frame looks wise.

Edited by Firetempest

Someday, they might have different sexed frame themes.

Like a Male Ember. Yet it wont be a reskin. It will be a new fire frame with different abilities.

Yet I have no problem playing any frame looks wise.

Or maybe just a sex-neutral frame. Something robotic or whatever.

Yeah I think that's what it is. Kinda like when I play MMOs with a good and an evil faction I always choose good.

There's no problem with that. Preference is always a thing, whether we like it or not.

But I found such a thing to be very restricting for me.

I actually prefer females over male frames, that is just because majority of main characters in video games are males(heck even with this mentality, i may still just choose guys over chicks, like in RE:revalations 2 raid mode. There is ladies to pick, yet still HUNK is my most played and highest lvl character, just because he is so badass). But still i will use male frames often, it is pretty hard in the end beat loki masterrace.

Edited by (PS4)SofeSNBR

I play each frame as a character, so in my WF universe only when i play excal i feel like "thats my true and only avatar" otherwise its like, Frost is sam, Nyx is Jane etc (not that i actually givem names) 

EDIT:

But I do think they should make alternate gender (i dont care if you want to call it sex or whatever) i mean they have the ideas for a lot of frames, and it could generate good money.  And never loose hope, with DE nothing is set in stone. Also he is not intolerant or narrowminded, he just likes to roleplay being a male and that is not wrong at all.

Edited by Hayzemet