Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There's A New Macbook Being Released

TheErebus.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/9/8175329/new-macbook-specs-features-release-date-price

And it's so over-priced (and overhyped) I swear to god, Apple is just trying to act desperate. I mean, I use a macbook air for work and web searching purposes, but this...HEY GUYS IT'S IN GOLD AND ONE USB CONNECTOR. ONE.

You know, reversible usb is cool...but for one usb connector it's just downright stupid.

Sure, because a solid state, two pound, stupid thin, retina display, single-multipurpose-port I/O, is all the stupids. And for $1300, man Apple you so greedy! I laugh while my stock rises.

Good luck with buying Lightning port external SSD or memory stick under 100 $. Useless and overprice piece of tech, nicely designed.

As usual, nicely designed closed biosphere that isnt multipurpose. Paying 1300 $ for a netbook is a very smart idea.

Good luck with buying Lightning port external SSD or memory stick under 100 $. Useless and overprice piece of tech, nicely designed.

As usual, nicely designed closed biosphere that isnt multipurpose. Paying 1300 $ for a netbook is a very smart idea.

If I or anyone else had a high need for all those accessories, they either one, are not priced averse, or two will buy something else. Like a Macbook Pro.

Sure, because a solid state, two pound, stupid thin, retina display, single-multipurpose-port I/O, is all the stupids. And for $1300

I can get a laptop for even less than that and still have everything I need. Hell, as soon as I get enough money, I'm ditching my Iphone for something better.

I can get a laptop for even less than that and still have everything I need. Hell, as soon as I get enough money, I'm ditching my Iphone for something better.

You might be able to do so for your standards, but Apple is proving that many people are drawn to Apple's standards. I also would be surprised if you could find a computer with no moving parts, 18 hour battery life, 128 SSD, and a Retina display, or a new universal USB for less than 2 pounds at 12 inches, and under $1300. 

Then again haters gonna hate, and a forum dedicated to a game that is exclusively on PC and game consoles isn't going to attract many people who can see, or even consider the benefits of the Apple platform. In the end, it doesn't matter. Apple is, by market cap, the largest company in the world. Bigger than Exxon/Mobile. A company that literally pumps money out of the ground. Apple's Mac's have been growing while the PC market has been shrinking.

So, its ok if you don't get it. Plenty of people do, and are happy with the a platform that meets there needs and standards. I have enjoyed watching the Apple story from being a small child, to watching the news in 1996 say Apple was officially out of business, to Apple being one of the greatest success stories in the tech industry.

DE's own CEO started some of his first games on Apple computers. Apple may never be a preferred platform for hardcore gamers for natural reasons, and that is fine, thats not the role it is trying to fulfill. Presuming that people who choose Apple are stupid is just insulting, especially in the face of all the evidence that Apple users are a wide and diverse demo.

I only wish I had bought stock back in 96 instead of so many table top rpg's.

What concerns me the most are those brainless sheep in audience. Apple fandom is more like a cult. They are close by Kyani sect in weirdness.

Apple's greedy. They even make you pay for customer service even if they can't help you. Don't you realize this? I'm sticking to my HP computer that plays games like a lord, thank you. I don't want a S#&$ty laptop for internet surfing that can barely even play Snake. No, not metal gear snake, I mean, squares eating squares Snake.

You might be able to do so for your standards, but Apple is proving that many people are drawn to Apple's standards. I also would be surprised if you could find a computer with no moving parts, 18 hour battery life, 128 SSD, and a Retina display, or a new universal USB for less than 2 pounds at 12 inches, and under $1300. 

Then again haters gonna hate, and a forum dedicated to a game that is exclusively on PC and game consoles isn't going to attract many people who can see, or even consider the benefits of the Apple platform. In the end, it doesn't matter. Apple is, by market cap, the largest company in the world. Bigger than Exxon/Mobile. A company that literally pumps money out of the ground. Apple's Mac's have been growing while the PC market has been shrinking.

So, its ok if you don't get it. Plenty of people do, and are happy with the a platform that meets there needs and standards. I have enjoyed watching the Apple story from being a small child, to watching the news in 1996 say Apple was officially out of business, to Apple being one of the greatest success stories in the tech industry.

DE's own CEO started some of his first games on Apple computers. Apple may never be a preferred platform for hardcore gamers for natural reasons, and that is fine, thats not the role it is trying to fulfill. Presuming that people who choose Apple are stupid is just insulting, especially in the face of all the evidence that Apple users are a wide and diverse demo.

I only wish I had bought stock back in 96 instead of so many table top rpg's.

That entire first paragraph is overkill. You don't need any of that unless you're just some rich #$&(% that wants to sound high and mighty.

Oh woopiedoo retina display, 12 inches, and a univeral usb. All those are just fluff.

The only parts about this new macbook that is good is the touchpad and the battery design.

Everything else is just typical apple talk for "We've done something new...but not really". 

They claim that the keyboard is brand new, but it's just re-sized and the design is slightly different. They keep saying how it's so unstable and not very efficient to use, yet here I am using this old and incredibly "outdated" system that works perfectly fine. 

Retina display. Yes it's so much clearer now isn't it...when to me it's the same screen as I always see. My father uses a mac with retina display, when I look at it dead straight it looks exactly the same as the mac I always use.

One USB. You cannot defend one usb. Even if it's universal, One usb is stupid. 

It's thinner. Woo.

All day battery life. 9 hours of wireless battery life is not all day. The mac air that I use right now can head up to 9 hours of battery life on its own.

Apple's Mac's have been growing while the PC market has been shrinking.

Prove it. Because otherwise, you're just pulling stuff outa your behind.

Oh woopiedoo retina display, 12 inches, and a univeral usb. All those are just fluff.

The only parts about this new macbook that is good is the touchpad and the battery design.

Everything else is just typical apple talk for "We've done something new...but not really".

They claim that the keyboard is brand new, but it's just re-sized and the design is slightly different. They keep saying how it's so unstable and not very efficient to use, yet here I am using this old and incredibly "outdated" system that works perfectly fine.

Retina display. Yes it's so much clearer now isn't it...when to me it's the same screen as I always see. My father uses a mac with retina display, when I look at it dead straight it looks exactly the same as the mac I always use.

One USB. You cannot defend one usb. Even if it's universal, One usb is stupid.

It's thinner. Woo.

All day battery life. 9 hours of wireless battery life is not all day. The mac air that I use right now can head up to 9 hours of battery life on its own.

Prove it. Because otherwise, you're just pulling stuff outa your behind.

Hey, Scrub, I know a way more efficient power source than a battery, people call it... A Desktop, and it comes with something called a power cord... Isn't that amazing?? Laptops are nice for convenience, but really... Talking about battery life doesn't phase me unless it has to do with how crappy my i5's battery is.

There's no way in hell anything Apple can put out there in the form of a Laptop will *ever* be better than a desktop unless it becomes our next Alienware and is a desktop. Even then, it'll suck, because Apple.

Edited by WingedCrusade