Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bootyhunter Hydroid, Or Graverobbing Nekros? Who Would You Want?

achromos

you can spam desecrate. you can't really spam hydroid's ult

desecrate can affect enemies torn in half. hydroid's ult can't

desecrate affects stuff that's already dead, hydroid's ult needs to kill the target (which means sitting idle and waiting for the ult to kill everything)

desecrate is just all around better imo. don't get me wrong, the hydroid augment is really good, but since i don't play hydroid id rather have a nekros on my team

Edited by J1ffyLub3

^.

That said,

In a void, Pilfering Tentacles are strictly better than Desecrate.

Desecrate has a 0.6*0.9 = 54% chance for 1 extra drop.

Tentacle Swarm has 1+Power Strength extra drops.

But Tentacle Swarm needs to deliver the last hit (which pretty much limits it to sub-20~25 content to begin with), and its damage is reliant on the tentacles hitting, whereas Desecrate can 'feed' off any kills.

tl;dr PT's much more restrictive to use but more potent, Desecrate's hugely less demanding to use, but less lucrative.

------

Sure, but you're passing up TF + BR for another up to ~150% drop chance, and your tentacles will do that much less damage (meaning less likely to last-hit).

I disagree, since I have zero problems with my tentacles killing a target unless the level goes past 50.

This build has allowed for excess gallium from nef anyo, it has allowed me to clear out 1500 pigment requirements in a single mission, it allowed me to solo the first two Phoenix interception missions, but it struggled greatly during the escalation.

Desecrate never really made much sence to me from a Necromacer theme , so the tentacle swarm aug is slightly ahead for the pirate theme.

i mean he is turning dead bodies into loot

sure it isn't summoning zombies, but it definitely fits the theme of death behind necromancy

Why not both?!

tUdEgsq.jpg

This wasn't planned, by the way. I was doing a test run with this mod and a random Nekros player joined. Then I was going to take a selfie of my Hydroid doing what he does best, and Nekros suddenly jumped into the shot. Think it turned out pretty cool, thank you random Nekros.

Why not both?!

tUdEgsq.jpg

This wasn't planned, by the way. I was doing a test run with this mod and a random Nekros player joined. Then I was going to take a selfie of my Hydroid doing what he does best, and Nekros suddenly jumped into the shot. Think it turned out pretty cool, thank you random Nekros.

Nice pic.

I disagree, since I have zero problems with my tentacles killing a target unless the level goes past 50.

This build has allowed for excess gallium from nef anyo, it has allowed me to clear out 1500 pigment requirements in a single mission, it allowed me to solo the first two Phoenix interception missions, but it struggled greatly during the escalation.

Hmm... what build do you use?  Max'd power strength I'm guessing, absolutely?

Sure, but you're passing up TF + BR for another up to ~150% drop chance, and your tentacles will do that much less damage (meaning less likely to last-hit).

thank you for understanding the problems rather than being ignorant and calling other people trolls just because you don't understand.

booty multiplication is not inherently bad for a game that involves farming. eastern game developers know this better than just about anyone (as shown in classic grinding MMO's like Ragnarok online and the soon-to-be-released Tree of Savior)

No, you are not 'forced' to use it. It's a luxury that rewards you for spending your time and effort to get a certain frame. It's very possible to play the game without hydroid or nekros. Most people do.

@off topic. Glad to see that som1 else knows bout tree of savior.

Desecrate should be removed, or reworked into something else, honestly. It's unfair for Nekros players that get trapped pressing 3.

Nekros needs serious reworking on other powers, not Desecrate. He needs a rework that will stop him from being one trick pony and offers different styles of gameplay.

Nekros needs serious reworking on other powers, not Desecrate. He needs a rework that will stop him from being one trick pony and offers different styles of gameplay.

This.

All frames generally have 1 or 2 go-to abilities that are used almost constantly, a single useless or incredibly niche one, and one that's either made useless with certain builds or just forgotten in general. Limbo and Banshee however are the first frames that come to mind where all the abilities have a use in every situation, other than that it's mostly one/two-trick ponies.

What makes Nekros different is that his one-trick is possibly the most boring one there is, and requires constant use. Loki's Radial Disarm is something that has to be used constantly, but its effects are game-changing and immensely satisfying every time, even moreso with Irradiating Disarm. Room nukes like Bladestorm, Peacemaker, Radial Javelin, and Miasma generate dozens of kills, which is also quite satisfying.

While Desecrate spamming on Nekros is something that is extremely potent and vital for efficient farming, it doesn't feel good to use. You don't feel like you're playing the game, you feel like you're exploiting it. Leave it in the game as an option for people who really want to get the most out of everything, but give Nekros some other utilities that open up new opportunities for you to play the game, not just farm it.

Soul Punch is bleh, fantastic with Soul Survivor though.

Terrify doesn't have nearly the same potency as Silence, Chaos, Radial Blind, etc.

Shadows of the Dead is still a novelty at best, and can help with revives if not for Soul Survivor

Edited by Draciusen

'loot multiplication' is harmful to the game and by it's existence forces Players to use it.

the game would be healthier without it. without it 'Drop Rates' can be much fairer for everyone.

funny, that people think l00t multiplication is a good thing. when they don't realize that if Nekros can multiply L00t by 3x, then 'drop rates' for good stuff will just be 3x lower than it would otherwise be.

You were playing the game before Nekros was introduced. Tell me, did they half the drop rates once Nekros was introduced?

Were they halved since the introduction of Pilfering Swarm?

Your theoretical problem does not exist, and you've been playing long enough to know this.

Tell me, did they half the drop rates once Nekros was introduced?

such changes are always possible to have taken place. deducing whether the answer is yes or no is nigh impossible due to Weighted Drop Chances.

'datamining' the answer would take years.

such changes are always possible to have taken place. deducing whether the answer is yes or no is nigh impossible due to Weighted Drop Chances.

'datamining' the answer would take years.

Since you're a founder and were playing before and after Nekros, you would have some idea if the drop rates suddenly got halved. If Orokin Cells and Neural Sensors drop rate got halved, it would be pretty easy to tell.

If we're talking about mod drops then I'd have to agree with ya, no way to know the drop chance of the uber rares.