Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Re-Megathread)

Qynchou

The issue with trying to say it's an Infested's skin, is that they're still a presence in the system, not at all forgotten in any stretch. Maybe it was an older type of Infested, but that feels like a stretch.

It could be Sentient flesh. Those things in the trailer may have been robotic proxies. The actual Sentients might be more organic in nature.

It could be Sentient flesh. Those things in the trailer may have been robotic proxies. The actual Sentients might be more organic in nature.

I still think the things in the trailer are Orokin sentrys, but that's off topic.  It just doens't feel right... Tombs of the Sentients.  If it was something as scary too the Orokin as them I'd have left guards... big nasty ones.

I'm pretty sure they switched the alt and regular helm out to please the great and might whine, and thus insuring whine of an entirely different stripe.  I'll get the original helm if it's an option but that's just me. 

It's definitely possible... or it's possible those were Sentient proxies, but Orokin ones. Would explain the Orokin Halo symbol and the closeness to the Mirage design.

I'm pretty sure they switched the alt and regular helm out to please the great and might whine, and thus insuring whine of an entirely different stripe.  I'll get the original helm if it's an option but that's just me. 

OR his helmet changes shape based on the energy color/elemental type..

like how Chromatic dragons in D&D have different head shapes based on the element they are.

This could be cool. I foresee Balrog biomech overlords.

The new model is much more proportioned, and very similar to Zephyr underneath the "Dragon-trophy".

This must be a first for a warframe to decorate itself with an enemy.

On Warframe Primetime DE Megan said Chroma had something special and cool that they wanted to surprise us with.

Maybe that something is a helmet that morphs depending on abilities or color choices chosen?

I highly doubt they just caved and changed the appearance.

On Warframe Primetime DE Megan said Chroma had something special and cool that they wanted to surprise us with.

Maybe that something is a helmet that morphs depending on abilities or color choices chosen?

That's what I'm thinking and which is definitely unique.

yeah guys I keep bringing that up but no one ever responds to it. lol

Doesn't seem like anyone else wants to consider that possibility just yet.

Edited by Ronyn

yeah guys I keep bringing that up but no one ever responds to it. lol

Doesn't seem like anyone else wants to consider that possibility just yet.

I've responded to it from a few people, but it doesn't make sense to me. That seems like too much work to be put in for it, I highly doubt it's the case... But I was wrong on the "helmet hasn't changed" so who the F*** knows?

I doubt that since both versions have yellow energy.

great point!

I've responded to it from a few people, but it doesn't make sense to me. That seems like too much work to be put in for it, I highly doubt it's the case... But I was wrong on the "helmet hasn't changed" so who the F*** knows?

Ah ok gotcha

Edited by Ronyn

Well I wouldn't have said it was too much work, not that I'd know though. However, they already went down the route of energy colours affecting the frame, maybe they figured they'd go even further and all out, wanting make him even more unique.

If they have gone down the route of changing appearances through abilities, I wonder what the future frames will bring.

Edited by Naith

Without doubt.

Heh, can't wait for the bugs that put ALL syandanas on his butt XD

So...it's not normal to wear a scarf at an angle from the belt? Or is it just not in fashion yet?

What do you guys think about the tail? I kinda wish the transition between it and the frame was more seamless as it kind looks like it was pinned to his butt.

Probably going to be smoothed out I'd imagine. Some of the Syandanas we have now are fairly flush when attached, it's just Chroma's got a unique fixing point for the Taildana.

I just don't like Zephyr and Chroma's overall designs, it makes it really difficult to color and customize.

Warframes just seem to be getting more and more complex in their designs. The original warframes look like they were in tight suits, or as if the armor was actually part of their body - Excalibur, Nyx, Mag, Rhino are perfect examples of simple but unique design.

Then somehow we started to get really over the top things like oberon, mesa, limbo, hydroid, zephyr, and now chroma

I think the art style has gotten afar from its true roots - whether that be good or bad though is just a matter of opinion - I however believe it should stay to its true roots.

TLDR;

it's not bad, but it's not good in my opinion either, it's just different

I agree

Well I wouldn't have said it was too much work, not that I'd know though. However, they already went down the route of energy colours affecting the frame, maybe they figured they'd go even further and all out, wanting make him even more unique.

If they have gone down the route of changing appearances through abilities, I wonder what the future frames will bring.

Yeah. That hint back on primetime suggested that Chroma's appearance would change based on something....

helmet shape changing based on energy color seems like it fits the theme quite well.

But who knows.