Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Vault

4MostlyHarmless2

No that's not a mis-spelling of the next Prime Warframe. I just saw an announcement on the Warframe FB page about Frost Prime, Latron Prime and Reaper Prime parts going into the Prime Vault, meaning they'll be unfarmable and inaccessible after this week. 

inb4 "Think of the children!", "Time to farm", and "DE Y U DO DIS TO THE NEW ONES" 

Seriously though, opening for discussion. What does this imply, for both the game and the game's lore? 

PLEASE BE CIVIL THANK YOU

Well I dcan see frost prime set and the other items going up to 1-10k of platinum and the price war will defintly increase in a 3-6 month spam now. So right now kidos build farm and kill everything in the void to get thoses last pices of frost latron and reaper prime.

We might see frost prime or the others for a year or 2.

Also this will be my first vault of anything de did. Still wsh it was mag prime that got vaulted haha!

What this means for the games lore i dont know but i think its a stupid decision on DEs part to block off prime frames and weapons for new players. It just does not make sense for me. If its to make space in the void drop tables then surely theres a better way than this.

I really do think DE is shooting themself in the foot with this.

Its an interesting move, to say the least. I'm curious to see what DE's plan is with this... perhaps once the game goes into full release we'll be able to spend Ducats to buy prime parts a Blue-Prints out of this Vault? Perhaps with stock fluctuating based on user purchases and sales, as a sort of auction house...

Curious, to say the least, though.

I just wonder, will uncrafted parts / blueprints remain in our inventory? If not, we should probably sell the for ducats, if so, trade prices will go up.

As for DEs reasoning, I hope this is just temporary to remove some parts from the void so the next Prime Access won't dilute them even more.

DE pls?

Edited by UltimateSpinDash

I just wonder, will uncrafted parts / blueprints remain in our inventory? If not, we should probably sell the for ducats, if so, trade prices will go up.

They will stay. I believe all this will do is remove those 3 items' pieces from the tables to allow them to add in the stuff for next Prime Access.

Time to farm. This is going to be a opportunity for trades. If you are smart you will farm some stuff and save it for a rainy trading day for people who don't have the gear you could make some easy plat.

Well I dcan see frost prime set and the other items going up to 1-10k of platinum and the price war will defintly increase in a 3-6 month spam now. So right now kidos build farm and kill everything in the void to get thoses last pices of frost latron and reaper prime.

We might see frost prime or the others for a year or 2.

Also this will be my first vault of anything de did. Still wsh it was mag prime that got vaulted haha!

As for DEs reasoning, I hope this is just temporary to remove some parts from the void so the next Prime Access won't dilute them even more.

DE pls?

Really wondering this too

You will not be able to CONSTRUCT Frost, so that means there is no point in trading.

Well, I guess this kinda had to happen eventually. I mean, they're never going to stop adding prime stuff to the void, so eventually some stuff has to go. Notice, though, that they never said they were gone for good, they just said the parts were being moved to the prime vault.

Have you ever heard of the "Disney Vault?" That used to appear on Disney commercials.

"This is your last chance to own, "insert Disney movie here" before it enters the Disney vault!"

Of course, a year or two later, you'd see, "Returning from the vault for a limited time! Insert Disney Movie Here!"

This is likely to be no different. 6 months from now, we'll probably see an event offering prime stuff from the prime vault.

Or maybe in a year or two, there will be special, super-rare void keys, that will take us to missions that allow access stuff from the prime vault.

Excalibur Prime may never show up, because his exclusivity to founders was kinda part of the reason people wanted to be founders so bad.

Frost Prime has no such limitations, so I'm fairly sure we'll be seeing him again...just not any time soon.

I don't mind, though. Latron Prime sucked anyway, and Reaper Prime was lackluster at best.

Edited by Farlander

Seriously doubt that. If we can keep the blueprints I'd assume we can also construct.

The foundry isn't the void.

Hmm...

On March 24th, Frost Prime, Latron Prime, and Reaper Prime will enter the Prime Vault, with all of their crafting parts abolished from The Void.  

I guess I can see how that can be interpreted both ways.

I think it would be better to abolish crafting because the plat prices skyrocketing could have some adverse effets.

So how new players gonna get XP needed to level up to max account level?

And... why? Though I suppose there will be some way to obtain them, only question is: will player be able to get them through gameplay or wallet?

Edited by Cloud90PL

DE pls?

I would imagine the parts will remain in our inventory.... I mean they're not made out of argon... are they?