Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Vault

4MostlyHarmless2

if they are looking for places to stick more prime parts or shift them around, they could, you know, start making more use of the orokin derelict's game mode maps of capture, exterminate, and such.

it is also possible that darvo may start selling prime parts and blueprints eventually on a random offering schedule.

They have been slowly crawling towards ever increasing grind walls (multi item  requirement items aswell) towards ever increasing cash heavy gameplay.

Can bet the frost and such will soon appear on some "limited time" prime access pack.

at first i was confused. but as i thought about it, i started to make sense of it. the void is getting cluttered. they had to make room somehow, and i don't think adding another tower would help much. they would have to add a couple more gametypes and a new tower, AND make more primes drop from one mission. and now i'm glad that they're going to start removing some primes. it is funny though. one of my friends just started playing and the first thing he said was "that golden scythe will be my first prime weapon". now we gotta work quick and sacrifice plenty of pixels to RNGesus.

They're imprisoning my main like he's nothing...

But think about it, now that he's no longer dropping parts hes more special now. Almost on par with Excalibur Prime.

He is starting his accent to godhood.

BTW: I share your sentiment fellow Mainer.

Here's a good chance for DE to prove they listen to reasonable feedback.

A lot of people are upset about this decision, but not turning to insults.  If they do not put Frost Prime in the vault, they will prove that they listen to player feedback and are not liars.  They could also do this if the came out and told us, "This is temporary, until Prime parts in general are reworked with the Void explosion," as a temporary removal to make room for the new prime stuff does make sense.

If they do not go back on this decision or do not explain that it is a temporary dilution fix, then they have proven two things.  The first thing they will have proven is that they simply cannot be bothered to think of good fixes for problems.  Looking at the AFK system, this seems likely.

The second thing they will have proven is that they don't give a damn about the community anymore.  I haven't been playing actively for a few months.  I suppose this is when I stop playing.

well we know DE has used this word "vault" before and that certainly means we can no longer get frost prime in normal way. it might mean frost prime will only be given through event years later, just like some other retired weapons. or maybe DE will open up a new route of storyline, explaining what is Prime Vault through quests and new players can get frost prime relatively easy.

personally i dont like if frost prime is gone forever, it is a really bad precedent

Edited by Eric1738

Here's a good chance for DE to prove they listen to reasonable feedback.

A lot of people are upset about this decision, but not turning to insults.  If they do not put Frost Prime in the vault, they will prove that they listen to player feedback and are not liars.  They could also do this if the came out and told us, "This is temporary, until Prime parts in general are reworked with the Void explosion," as a temporary removal to make room for the new prime stuff does make sense.

If they do not go back on this decision or do not explain that it is a temporary dilution fix, then they have proven two things.  The first thing they will have proven is that they simply cannot be bothered to think of good fixes for problems.  Looking at the AFK system, this seems likely.

The second thing they will have proven is that they don't give a damn about the community anymore.  I haven't been playing actively for a few months.  I suppose this is when I stop playing.

I doubt they will do that now.

A lot of people are buying plat to trade for it and rush the creations.  It's pretty much a cash grab atm and sadly since they gave very little notice it's going to work really well.

If there would not be a way to obtain it without paying it would drive away new players. They will feel that they lost on crucial content and the game does not welcomes them. Without new player the game will stagnate and die eventually.

I missed a lot Wraith weapons but they are weaker then Prime ones. Without Prime weapons new players will be in extreme shortage of end game weapons.

Plus leveling up Cephalon Suda is much more difficult now. I however already have it maxed but newer player will have a harder time.

Edited by igo95862

Its an interesting move, to say the least. I'm curious to see what DE's plan is with this... perhaps once the game goes into full release we'll be able to spend Ducats to buy prime parts a Blue-Prints out of this Vault? Perhaps with stock fluctuating based on user purchases and sales, as a sort of auction house...

Curious, to say the least, though.

I forgot this was still technically in beta

I'll be pretty annoyed if they put it this way to cause panic and are actually putting him into that new raid or something.

It will be an ultimate cash grab on misinformation if that is the case and I'll be very wary of them in the future if this is the case.

I just wonder, will uncrafted parts / blueprints remain in our inventory? If not, we should probably sell the for ducats, if so, trade prices will go up.

As for DEs reasoning, I hope this is just temporary to remove some parts from the void so the next Prime Access won't dilute them even more.

DE pls?

Well its a temporary solution too fixing the drop tables so their not so diluted but at the same time making it not obtainable for new players is a big issue, then again if they cycle this around with differnt frames it increases rarity for certain ones at certain times and allows some frames more spotlght.

Again I wish I knew what their plan was with this....its a strange move and never saw it coming...do they plan on doing this and keeping it for years or months or just so often too make one imporant? I guess time will only tell after all some weapons were vaulted....Warframes though...dont know.

If they are locking away frost prime, they better change the level up requirement for cephalon suda then. It needs a frost prime helmet...that's all I got to say about this.

They're changing it to Nova Prime Helmet