Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Omg Chromas New Helm! [Megathread]

XAvICoreZ

But look at Mesa, and imagine if her alt helmet had been the default. That thing is UGLY. I can't even tell what it is supposed to be. Do you think Mesa would have sold so well* with that helmet in all of her promotional material?

*I don't know if Mesa actually sold well, i'm just assuming because she's a fantastic frame and the means to obtain here were as pleasant as piercing your hand with a nail. So a lot of people probably bought her.

I adore Mesa's alt helmet, it's a cross between the classic "horse/cow skull" motif frequently used in western themes and a classic ten gallon hat shape, while _also_ suggesting the "halo" style helmet you see on trinity and the Frost Aurora helmet. It's a tour-de-force of combining themes.

Is that a new default helmet? Or is it an alternative one?

was my first thought as i looked at the last announcement before the update =)

I adore Mesa's alt helmet, it's a cross between the classic "horse/cow skull" motif frequently used in western themes and a classic ten gallon hat shape, while _also_ suggesting the "halo" style helmet you see on trinity and the Frost Aurora helmet. It's a tour-de-force of combining themes.

mesas alternate helmet is too b(u)ig

Edited by HEA7HEN

Saving this, and a few more.

This entire day, between classes and free time (which I've had a lot during 4th period), I've been contemplating whether or not I should quit this game. The community sank lower. Pretty soon, we'll be Dota 2, TF2, etc. I'm considering leaving this NOW god forsaken toxic waste bin of a community (which I hope is temporary) for the sake of my sanity and time.

Don't let the door hit you on the @ss on your way out.

Not quite. The customer has no more authority over a creative industry product/service than anywhere else. Clients that demand personally motivated changes to a design rarely show any interest in the kind of expertise these creative professionals bring to the table and are very tough to deal with because only "like" what is familiar to them. Saying this out of my own experience here.

DE opted to accept the criticism and changed the helm. That does not mean they should always do as the community say.

#snout4ever

Certainly, they shouldn't always do what the community says, but it doesn't mean that they should never do what the community says.

Each frame comes with 2 extra stances (speed and royal), however, there is still the option to use the pose of the other frames.

Yeah, I think we covered that already.

But given that this stance is slightly more hunched than the previous... I am going to guess and say he's got that Vauban posture.

I'll end up having to purchase Nekros' or Ash's Noble stance to correct it If I acquire this frame sadly.

Huh what am I to make of this comment? it's not even clear if you mean "saving this" as in saving them for future reference for your decision or saving this as except this? oO As for the community itself the bigger it grows the more faults in it amplify, you also have to consider how long people have been around and how this affects their responses to announcements and discussions in the forums. Still I'd say it's pretty good especially in game.

Saving this. Saving your statement as a future reference. You made a terrific argument, and it appealed to me.

Saving this, and a few more.

This entire day, between classes and free time (which I've had a lot during 4th period), I've been contemplating whether or not I should quit this game. The community sank lower. Pretty soon, we'll be Dota 2, TF2, etc. I'm considering leaving this NOW god forsaken toxic waste bin of a community (which I hope is temporary) for the sake of my sanity and time.

We are toxic because we didnt like a particular cosmetic design?

Your ABSENS (get it?) will improve the community,trust me

Edited by Absens