Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Petition For Those Disappointed By What U16 Did To Synoid Gammacor

rarteaga1975

I've started a petition that I would like to bring to the attention of Digital Extremes once we get enough signatures. This will be to let them know how disappointed we are in what they've done to the Synoid Gammacor with the release of U16 in the hopes of restoring its former glory with our overwhelming support. If you're in opposition to this then by all means please ignore this thread and by direct result the ensuing petition. If you're indifferent because you didn't care for the SG then please consider that your favorite weapon may be next on the slate for uh..."re-balancing". How would you feel then?

Thanks in advance to anyone who cares enough to affect a little change for the sake of our happiness.  Even if it is just a video game!

Roger

One last thought, if anyone has ideas of anything we might add to the petition to make our case stronger feel free to let me know either here or in the discussion section of ipetitions and make sure to tell your friends and like minded clan mates.

Edited by rarteaga1975

The synoid gammacor was, quite frankly, RIDICULOUS.

It was ammo efficient, high damage, high accuracy, high status chance, and it was naturally magnetic.  It tore through everything and didn't stop to do so much as take a &!$$.

And on top of that it occasionally exploded everything.

It's perfectly fine as it is now.

Edited by Gaminus

God would you people stop whining! Ok, so a COMPLETELY OP weapon gets nerfed, to balance out its insane damage output. OH NO! A WEAPON IS NOW BALANCED! Well, better start whining about how the weapon is totally useless instead of just WORKING AROUND IT!

Seriously, just go play the damn game.

Just put an ammo mod on it and deal with it.

And treat it as a burst fire weapon. Same damage, conserve more ammo.

Stop expecting to be able to just hold down the right mouse button/controller trigger and walk through this game. That's poor design and DE needs to nip it in the bud more often.

Edited by Morec0

they nerfed the ammo because people were spawn camping and taking every kill they could. 

When you yourself ran into someone with a synoid gammacor while you were trying to level your own weapons/warframes, they would spawn camp and kill everything to the point that you would only get the shared xp. when this happened to me it would literally only get a lvl 10 rifle up 1.5 levels on a booster. if I didn't and actually had a chance to shoot something it would bring me up 5 levels.

Quite honestly I was dancing in my seat when I saw the nerf for this reason.

Yup, sadly you're not going to get much sympathy here. Though I think the nerf went a bit too far (5x ammo consumtion would of been more workable) the weapon was insane and needed re-balancing. 

On a side note, ran the raid the other day and the entire raid (sans me) were all using the Vaykor Marelok... all hail the new reinstated king.

Edited by KracsNZ

And treat it as a burst fire weapon. Same damage, conserve more ammo.

Stop expecting to be able to just hold down the right mouse button/controller trigger and walk through this game. That's poor design and DE needs to nip it in the bud more often.

If anything, DE have let that kind of thing go on for too long..  People now think that it's the way DE will make the game. 

I've started a petition that I would like to bring to the attention of Digital Extremes once we get enough signatures. This will be to let them know how disappointed we are in what they've done to the Synoid Gammacor with the release of U16 in the hopes of restoring its former glory with our overwhelming support. If you're in opposition to this then by all means please ignore this thread and by direct result the ensuing petition. If you're indifferent because you didn't care for the SG then please consider that your favorite weapon may be next on the slate for uh..."re-balancing". How would you feel then?

Thanks in advance to anyone who cares enough to affect a little change for the sake of our happiness.  Even if it is just a video game!

Roger

One last thought, if anyone has ideas of anything we might add to the petition to make our case stronger feel free to let me know either here or in the discussion section of ipetitions.  

No thanks, it's fine as-is now, it needed a nerf badly

Ha, I'm sure they'll see the petition and be revealed to the shocking truth.

"My god! I thought nerfing the most popular secondary weapon in the game would garner nothing but love from the players!"

This was probably a difficult decision for them to implement, but they did so with the long term health of the game in mind. Now they can introduce new secondaries into the game without them instantly being eclipsed and discarded as mastery fodder.

I just wish they would just buff the ammo consumption to just a bit so you don't have to waste a mod slot for an Ammo Mutation Mod but not to a degree that it will last 20 minutes without ammo pickup. I'm in favor of balance, but... I think DE overblew this one.