Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Volt Prime's Stats...

Jahadaya

Well volt needed a buff (especially to overload,we are still waiting)

I dont consider thats unfair because Loki and Nova( i am talking about the examples you gave ) , are needed frames in most kinds of missions and they are already considered Op by many players.

But i have only see people want Volt in Speed run captures.

So no, they just buffed the frame in a way.

Honestly I'd rather they buffed the base frame and then gave him an a proportional buff in prime.

I'm overall unhappy with the growing gap between prime and vanilla frames. As someone who generally prefers the aesthetics of Vanilla Warframes, I've always appreciated that I'm not losing out on much by selecting them over their primed counterparts (which isn't the case with primed weapons tragically). However, at this rate, Prime Warframes will hold a significant advantage, and I'll be doing myself a disservice by investing heavily into Vanilla Warframes.

Anyone feel this is a bit unfair compared to other primes? 

Suddenly Volt P is the frame with the highest potential energy pool AND he got a huge armor buff. This compared to Nova/loki prime who are supposed to have the largest pools in normal and prime variant, now lose out to a frame that never had high energy pool on the base frame.

It's called power creep.

One of the 3 things DE likes. The other 2 being RNG and false promises.

I'm fine with Primes receiving minor buffs, but I hope DE doesn't get too carried away... It seems like the buffs have slowly been getting bigger and bigger.

I always preferred purely cosmetic myself, but I'm also one of those people that complains about power creep I guess.

I have a vision of Mesa Prime a couple years from now, with 100% passive bonuses to secondary reload and firerate, and twice the health.  :/

I always preferred purely cosmetic myself, but I'm also one of those people that complains about power creep I guess.

I have a vision of Mesa Prime a couple years from now, with 100% passive bonuses to secondary reload and firerate, and twice the health.  :/

I'm afraid of that. In addition, I'm afraid every other Prime will get stats buffed to match, and then the enemies will have their damage buffed because people start having an easier time playing, and then at that point the orginal frames are all but mastery fodder only because of powercreep.

I don't get why no speed stat buffs actually. It was requested a lot on the forums, yet we ended with an armor and an energy buff. A speed and stamina buff could have been golden too. :/

That armor buff is HUGE by the way. It gives Volt way much tanking abilities than before !

That's what I was asking for as well - speed buffs! Speed and stamina, if nothing else!

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

Im not liking this either. Why even build the regular frame if there is a prime? Is this what the game is going towards? Get 1-2 starter frames and then just beeline for prime equipment?

Primes should be different from main, but not an outright huge upgrade. There should definitely be some drawbacks compared to regular frame in some way. There should be a reason to use and build the regular variant besides using it as MR fodder. 

Ive never used the $$ argument before, but i can only guess that the only reason to make Volt Prime such a huge upgrade is to basically force all Volt users to buy slots & reactors for the new prime upgrade. If not, why not make Primes an addition to regular frames? Why not just make it an upgrade we add to what we already have?

Edited by Hypernaut1

I don't get why no speed stat buffs actually. It was requested a lot on the forums, yet we ended with an armor and an energy buff. A speed and stamina buff could have been golden too. :/

That armor buff is HUGE by the way. It gives Volt way much tanking abilities than before !

well a lot of people did actually ask for armor buff