Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Judge Mr?

DiosGX

Do you judge people based on their Mastery Rank? Be honest.

I often play Oberon, and always have the party list on the HUD. When I see a really low MR, I try to body guard them. :P

Only when I take people on raids, if there mastery is 10+ it shows expend ability and and experience

no it means nothing as some have rushed their mastery to reach max available in a short period of time.+ I believe that low mastery needs the experience of being with higher mastery players, and sometimes they are surprising better than some.

No. Mastery Rank means nothing other than you leveled a bunch of equipment. That's it.

It means someone has taken the time to experience each weapon and gain knowledge on how they work, possibly offering others advice in the future 

simple equation: Mastery + time = experience and knoweldge

It depends. Sometimes I do, some other times I just want people to be able to kill stuff, and in these instances MR is irrelevant. Aim, shoot, kill, always move, don't die - these are basics that you get from early on. Even a MR0 can understand them.

Given how it is easy to farm for experience nowadays, I believe MR is still somewhat of a reliable hint of skill, just not nearly as accurate as it might have been in the past (if it has ever been).

use MR for judging (and assuming) their gear since its more likely its potatoed or forma'd. the rest is when we start playing. if i happen to find a good team i usually offer to go for another run if they are up for it.

It means someone has taken the time to experience each weapon and gain knowledge on how they work, possibly offering others advice in the future 

simple equation: Mastery + time = experience and knoweldge

This would be true if we didn't have viver/draco/egate powerfarms that filled the playerbase with more "inflated high MRs"

This would be true if we didn't have viver/draco/egate powerfarms that filled the playerbase with more "inflated high MRs"

if they are a founder they probably attained mastery prior to draco crap. Then I truly see them as "God" frames like myself

I use MR to have a ideia about their gear and experience in the game. But i already played with some bad MR18 players and excelents MR5/6 players and vice versa... But we all know in a long T4 run and now the raids its hard to find a good people em general we need to judge some guys by something and we only have the MR for that.

Another thing i noticed. Much lower MR wanna "prove themselves" for high MR and usually act like "i wanna be the hero... i want to kill everyone"... Nyx Prime is my main frame... i am in the center of 30 mobs for example using absorb... they have a options to shoot in the nyx to buff the damage with that she can kill everything in a single blow.. but no... they really prefer to kill one by one... situations like that happens so much with me and i really tired about low MR complain about "how MR18 are annoying who do not want to play with them". Every day after doing my stuff i take a time to help low MR players... i don t judge them for this but for i time i keep my eyes on them just to know how well they played after that i decided about go and kill more things or be more suport type for them... =)

Do you judge people based on their Mastery Rank? Be honest.

I often play Oberon, and always have the party list on the HUD. When I see a really low MR, I try to body guard them. :P

The problem is that sometimes you have players who really dont care about MR or dont want to do the tests or cant do the test, my MR transit from 7 to 8 took several weeks because I failed the stupid test so many times I got frustrated and quit doing it and then one day just for the heck of it I did the stupid test and finished it with no problems, now I am working towards MR 9 but I really could care less, I always roll a Rhino P so stealth killing no my thing.

Whenever I got into a Squad that have low MR players, and they run like a Hallway Heroes, I always revive them, they might just got courage since they know theres a strong tenno in their Squad. but normally they use the maps terrain to get some cover so I dont really worry much.

but its Different when im in a Squad full of high Rankers. if they run like a Hallway Heroes and eventually got downed, I LET THEM BLEED TO DEATH AND LAUGH !

thats it (^_^)

I use mastery rank as a way to judge their performance. If they're a low Mastery and get into trouble, it's no big deal.

If they're mastery 15+ and behave like idiots and die over and over? I get annoyed, and start considering not reviving them.

I ignore everyone.

Some people do call me out and say whoa MR19 here, must be a no lifer or if they are nicer, "must be playing for ages".

Shrug, I just do my own thing.

Now with Chroma and my Primed Flow in high gear, I can actually have a more reliable objective bodyguard than players for non-endless content anyway. So I can don't pay intention to anyone else.

And Chroma suits me fine anyway since I like run and gun, so I ain't missing out too much.

Edited by fatpig84

If I can solo the mission I pay no mind to anyone, regardless of mastery rank. If they go down, I'll go for the revive, if they get stuck/frustrated I'll give them advice, but if it's some easy mission (like an invasion or something) I'll just try to get through it quickly.

For missions I can't/don't intend to solo (T3/4 S/D etc) I check equipment at the party screen with a pretty wide margin of acceptability, like appropriate frames, a weapon that can do damage, and the frame and at least one weapon need to be 30. As long as you contribute and don't leech you're good. In these missions if the player is constantly going down/doing dumb things then I/the rest of the party steps in. Honestly most of the people I notice falling into the leeching category are MR 14-17.

I don't think MR is a good judge of much anything anymore considering how easy it is to grind XP. A better sign would be time played/# of formas in weapons/ranks of mods. I try not to make any assumptions and don't step in until needed.

Edited by Czarok

If I can solo the mission I pay no mind to anyone, regardless of mastery rank. If they go down, I'll go for the revive, if they get stuck/frustrated I'll give them advice, but if it's some easy mission (like an invasion or something) I'll just try to get through it quickly.

For missions I can't/don't intend to solo (T3/4 S/D etc) I check equipment at the party screen with a pretty wide margin of acceptability, like appropriate frames, a weapon that can do damage, and the frame and at least one weapon need to be 30. As long as you contribute and don't leech you're good. In these missions if the player is constantly going down/doing dumb things then I/the rest of the party steps in. Honestly most of the people I notice falling into the leeching category are MR 14-17.

I don't think MR is a good judge of much anything anymore considering how easy it is to grind XP. A better sign would be time played/# of formas in weapons. I try not to make any assumptions and don't step in until needed.

I am MR19... The only things I am missing is Nova Prime, Volt Prime and Odnata Prime :(

And weapons that I keep are normally tatered n multi-formaed :P

Edited by fatpig84

I tend not to even notice other MR ranks until I'm playing a level (usually low level survival since I find it fun) and the player dies really fast or just doesn't seem to get it. Then I'll go to the menu and look at the players that are with me and the MR rank. If I see 0 or 1 I'll try to stick closer, even if only to revive them. I figure they're new, they can get better. Now when a MR 5+ does that.....then I might judge, only a little.