Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wait.. What Valkyr ? Why :/

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

Valkyr will have a primed version but it will look very much different to what you see of her now 

she was experimented on yes but. everything has to have a starting point. we just dont know what valkyr looked like before being experimented on

There is no convincing you unless you see an actual 3d model that's been stripped of the outer cloth XD

I have. It still doesn't line up. It's very clear your ignoring the details that are simply damning to your argument at this point (i.e. the heels, the "rings" on the shoulders).

Edited by Morec0

There is no convincing you unless you see an actual 3d model that's been stripped of the outer cloth XD

So DE shaped Mesa's basic model based on Valkyr's basic model to make them have similar size and to save time (as they're going to be same-size it's better to use existing models and just modify them a bit).

Still they're two different Warframes, lore-wise, gameplay-wise and yes, also model-wise (just they might be based on the same model).

So DE shaped Mesa's basic model based on Valkyr's basic model to make them have similar size and to save time (as they're going to be same-size it's better to use existing models and just modify them a bit).

Still they're two different Warframes, lore-wise, gameplay-wise and yes, also model-wise (just they might be based on the same model).

That's what im talking about lol, im not saying mesa is valkyr. Im just talking about the base model 3d artist used.

That's what im talking about lol, im not saying mesa is valkyr. Im just talking about the base model 3d artist used.

...there's still no relevance on that. The 3d-model of Mesa that is based on the 3d-model of Valkyr has as much to do with this thread's topic as greedy milk would have.

Well, I'll apologize then. Misread your theory - still, I know there are people who legitimately think that so it's best I attempted to shut them down.

But, as is said:

...there's still no relevance on that. The 3d-model of Mesa that is based on the 3d-model of Valkyr has as much to do with this thread's topic as greedy milk would have.

HIGHLY doubt Valkyr had different powers, ESPECIALLY going so far as to have been a ranged Warframe.

HIGHLY doubt Valkyr had different powers

Until we get a peak on what DE intends for an original Valkyr, or a Valkyr Prime we can only speculate.

I personally think the difference between Valkyr and original Valkyr (Prime) might be as large as it can get.

This might be a let-down for hardcore-Valkyr-fans that *love* Hysteria and such things, but it might attract those who actually want a Prime to be for once fundamentally different from what we have.

In the end, the Prime-Access for both possibilities would be bought by as many people as before.

Until we get a peak on what DE intends for an original Valkyr, or a Valkyr Prime we can only speculate.

I personally think the difference between Valkyr and original Valkyr (Prime) might be as large as it can get.

This might be a let-down for hardcore-Valkyr-fans that *love* Hysteria and such things, but it might attract those who actually want a Prime to be for once fundamentally different from what we have.

In the end, the Prime-Access for both possibilities would be bought by as many people as before.

I really can't imagine anyone who wants that. They want a more powerful version of a frame we already have, not for something to be heralded as "Valkyr Prime!" but then have grass abilities with a completely different playstyle from what she has now.

You might, but you're one-in-a-million to that regard.

Edited by Morec0

I really can't imagine anyone who wants that.

Then you imagine a Valkyr Prime without Hysteria to be worse than normal Valkyr with Hysteria, which is a sub-optimal way to imagine stuff that we don't know yet.

IMO Valkyr Prime could have an ultimate that's a lot more awsome.

Then you imagine a Valkyr Prime without Hysteria to be worse than normal Valkyr with Hysteria, which is a sub-optimal way to imagine stuff that we don't know yet.

IMO Valkyr Prime could have an ultimate that's a lot more awsome.

I imagine a Valkyr Prime without Hysteria not being Valkyr. This would be like if Rhino Prime didn't have Rhino Stomp, or Nova Prime didn't have Molecular Prime.

Valkyr prime could exist with all of the same powers. They would most likely prime the powers like they do other Warframes but Valkyr's would probably get the animations changed along with the visual effects.

Ripline = No change.

Warcry = Little to no change. Warriors do Warcries to get their allies pumped and to frighten enemies.

Paralysis = No change.

Hysteria = Would get the biggest prime changes. Instead of spawning energy claws she would likely spawn energy swords, energy sword and shield, or whatever weapons DE feels fit from their source for Valkyries. Animation would probably be changed to something less animalistic. I'd imagine something like the movie 300.

This is exactly how I'm imagining Valkyr Prime too. Keep the base mechanics of Hysteria, change the energy claws to an energy sword and an energy shield and possibly toss in a rename for good measure.

I imagine a Valkyr Prime without Hysteria not being Valkyr.

On the other Hand, the Valkyr we have isn't truly Valkyr anymore either, as she was corrupted by torture and experiments.

I agree with you on the example of other Primes, but Valkyr is a totally different case.

Edited by RedEyedRaven

Personally I think having a prime that is different/has different abilities would be great and she is the only one that could fit, lore wise. But then I don't main her and can see that people that do might be upset.

As others have said, they will probably just rename her ult and hopefuly change the animation to sword and shield. Just as fast and deadly but much more controlled, a warrior in the zone as apposed to a frenzy.

No really, imagine having Valkyr Prime use Hysteria and just bursting into maniacal laughter or just giving a joyous exclamation as she charges herself up to engage all enemies around her and, basically, get off on ripping them limb from limb.

At least, that would be the blood-knight, the "heroic warrior" would have a sort of "leading the way" type cries, but that's boring so give us the blood knight DE!

Primes aren't meant to be unique, they're the more powerful versions of the frames we acquire normally. To have Valkyr Prime use her own abilities that have no connection at all to the current Valkyr would completely undermine that connection and not make it Valkyr Prime but <New Frame> Prime.

I continue to attest: give her a heroic/blood knight voice over for her abilities, give her the complete, un-tested-upon look, change her Hysteria's visual effect to Baraka-style blades or a sword-and-board axe, and you have Valkyr Prime, ready to go.

Her current hate and rage, yes, but if she was the blodo knight type she has the fuel and personality for a hysteria-type attack as well.

Admittedly depends on how one interprets the type of Blood Knight concerned, but that's something one needs to be careful with here: Too heavy handed in the emphasis, and it might run foul of DE's 'we don't want to force an interpretation of a certain frame on people' thing.

As it stands...jury's out, but we'll just have to wait and see. Certainly going to be something they'd have to execute well.

As for Mesa...honestly, I figure Mesa's closer to a modified Banshee series than Valkyr is a modified and damaged Mesa. Sure, the model might be similar but I see more similarities between Mesa and Banshee than Mesa and Valkyr.

History repeating itself. The fate of Valkyr continue to be one of the biggest heart-issues of the entire game.

The Valkyr Prime will probably build upon what is there, but new animations, stances and revamped powers will still make it unique among primes even if the powers stay the same at the core.

The Lore though, ... big changes.

Use your imagination boy. 

Want to know how the valkyr looked pre-Salad?

TAKE a picture. Open ms paint or photoshop if you have it. 

Copy and flip the undissected portion of her face and put it over the dissected face. Erase the spikes.

Edited by Deshiel

History repeating itself. The fate of Valkyr continue to be one of the biggest heart-issues of the entire game.

The Valkyr Prime will probably build upon what is there, but new animations, stances and revamped powers will still make it unique among primes even if the powers stay the same at the core.

The Lore though, ... big changes.

Don't see why. Same lore, different interpretation being canonized.

DE has been retconning any lore that disrupts them Priming any frame they come up with a design they like for. Nova Prime technically shouldn't have been a thing based on Nova's original Lore. DE didn't mind much. They had something in mind they liked and went ahead with it.

Swag wins out in these situations.

When and if DE happens to come up with a design for a Valkyr Prime they really like the look of we might end up seeing it happen. It's a big 'If' but it isn't a completely impossible thing.

DE has been retconning any lore that disrupts them Priming any frame they come up with a design they like for. Nova Prime technically shouldn't have been a thing based on Nova's original Lore. DE didn't mind much. They had something in mind they liked and went ahead with it.

Swag wins out in these situations.

When and if DE happens to come up with a design for a Valkyr Prime they really like the look of we might end up seeing it happen. It's a big 'If' but it isn't a completely impossible thing.

I always assumed that "Designed by the Tenno Council" meant "A council of Tenno from the Orokin Era" as opposed to the modern era. IE: she just wasn't designed exclusively by Orokin Engineers, but instead by Orokin Era Tenno, based on their input and experience from the field.

Edited by Gelkor

I always assumed that "Designed by the Tenno Council" meant "A council of Tenno from the Orokin Era" as opposed to the modern era. IE: she just wasn't designed exclusively by Orokin Engineers, but instead by Orokin Era Tenno, based on their input and experience from the field.

Yeah. Really any problems in the lore so far are solvable with some basic mental gymnastics. Valkyr wont be too different. It's as easy as saying:

"Lotus recovered the schematics for the original Prime enhancements to Valkyr and after a great effort managed to modify them where necessary to fit the mutated new Warframe."

Or something. It really doesn't need to be all that complex.

Yeah. Really any problems in the lore so far are solvable with some basic mental gymnastics. Valkyr wont be too different. It's as easy as saying:

"Lotus recovered the schematics for the original Prime enhancements to Valkyr and after a great effort managed to modify them where necessary to fit the mutated new Warframe."

Or something. It really doesn't need to be all that complex.

I still don't see there being a need to modify anything other than giving Valkyr Prime (and potentially Undamaged Valkyr) their own Aesthetic and Vocal effects to bring across a different theme. But that's just me, and we will see.

Oh yeah, there doesn't even need to be a retcon for that. Given the lack of any modern Tenno council it's easy to surmise that's the case.

Edited by Morec0