Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Astral Twilight Stance Mod Not A Enemy Drop, Why De?

Mickey1779

Stance mods are meant to be enablers, encouraging players to take out dusty forgotten weapons and give them fresh life and new potential.

After seeing that Console Tenno received a Tactical Alert for Astral Twilight, I went searching for where PC players can get the glaive stance mod only to learn it was only awarded in a 4 day window from January 22-26, 2015.

The mod is not on any drop table nor transmutable for players who could not do the Alert during that weekend.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Astral_Twilight

Making stance mods in particular limited supply / unobtainable is a surefire way to lose interest on any forthcoming weapons in development.

I for one see little point in the new glaive, knowing the stance mod is limited supply and unobtainable.

In loot-driven games like warframe, there's a certain balance to be struck between making everything available for everyone and having a select few things being legitimately rare and a bit of a collector's item. Stance mods are a great way to do this because there are multiple options for most weapons, so all that someone is missing out on is animations and hitboxes, while people who do have it get to do a fancy flip that others can't while they have the weapon equipped. Since mod capacities aren't different for either group and it doesn't really affect the power of the weapon, it really is one of the better options to have exclusive versions of.

In loot-driven games like warframe, there's a certain balance to be struck between making everything available for everyone and having a select few things being legitimately rare and a bit of a collector's item. Stance mods are a great way to do this because there are multiple options for most weapons, so all that someone is missing out on is animations and hitboxes, while people who do have it get to do a fancy flip that others can't while they have the weapon equipped. Since mod capacities aren't different for either group and it doesn't really affect the power of the weapon, it really is one of the better options to have exclusive versions of.

I get your logic here, but in the case of a stance like Tempo Royale, it's so infinitely better than the other stances for heavy swords, due to it's damage multiplier and quick large arcs.

Most uber event things have returned, I doubt this will be different.

It was a reward for a weapon-themed TA, which encouraged players to use the said weapon to acquire it.

They're rather nifty little things, as they breath life into formerly unused weapon types, and give a bonus for doing so.

EDIT: Example: Status element mods: Toxic are on Void Vor, Fire&Ice are in Spy 2.0, and electric was a special drop from mutalist survivals.

Edited by Llyssa

Nah, it's cool the way it is.

It is. Your encouraged to play regularly, or at least keep tabs on the game and play the events and tactical alerts.

People ranted about this almost as soon as the relevant tactical event was over. I see they still rant.

I get your logic here, but in the case of a stance like Tempo Royale, it's so infinitely better than the other stances for heavy swords, due to it's damage multiplier and quick large arcs.

You're absolutely right with Tempo Royale, it is an excellent stance. But even so, I think that heavy bladed weapons are still very much viable without it (look at the galatine, considered one of the best weapons before TR came about). They're better with it for sure, but I think that example falls on the more sadly exclusive end of the spectrum. As a min-maxer you'll absolutely want it, but it's not necessary to make those weapons viable- Astral Twilight even less so.

Don't get me wrong, I agree- I just think similarly to excal and now frost prime, there was an opportunity to get something that was better than the default if you were around for it. I still lament that I don't have High Voltage, but it's not necessary for any build I have in mind, even if it is better than the alternative. You'll still be doing fine late-game without it.

Edited by Forgotten_Aeon

Go trade for it. Cool as the mod is thrown weapons are still bad.

And with the incoming puncture Glaive we can expect the current price of Astral Twilight to go through the roof. I'd get it sooner rather than later, unless DE decides to add it to the drop tables with release of the new Glaive.

The stances will likely return at some point in the future, just as we can expect the 120% puncture and slash mods to return in the future.  Hell, there's no guarantee these things won't make it into Baro's rotation.  I'm sure nothing is off limits when it comes to Baro Ki Teer, DE's little scape goat.

Also, stance mods have a huge impact on weaponry, considering they influence things like bonus damage, attack speed, and even attack range, as is the case with astral twilight versus gleaming talon.

It's okay for something to be acquirable for a brief period of time, then unobtainable for some time only to be made available again later, but the infinite exclusivity mentality is poisonous to the game to its core.  Eventually there would be a huge rift between the haves and have nots that will do horrible things to the community and make Excalibur Prime look like a footnote in a long list.

How ridiculous to suggest that exclusivity is good for the game. Do you have a favourite melee stance? Just imagine if instead of being available as a regular drop, you had to buy it for like 100 platinum because you missed out on a silly event. Tempo royale is easily the best heavy blade stance, and I would be glad if DE made it available to all players. Leave stuff like scarves and badges as event exclusives, don't lock content that matters.

The stances will likely return at some point in the future, just as we can expect the 120% puncture and slash mods to return in the future.  Hell, there's no guarantee these things won't make it into Baro's rotation.  I'm sure nothing is off limits when it comes to Baro Ki Teer, DE's little scape goat.

Also, stance mods have a huge impact on weaponry, considering they influence things like bonus damage, attack speed, and even attack range, as is the case with astral twilight versus gleaming talon.

It's okay for something to be acquirable for a brief period of time, then unobtainable for some time only to be made available again later, but the infinite exclusivity mentality is poisonous to the game to its core.  Eventually there would be a huge rift between the haves and have nots that will do horrible things to the community and make Excalibur Prime look like a footnote in a long list.

Well, yeah....but in this case it just hasnt been exclusive long enough for it to reappear again, its been like what....2 months or so ?

I just find it amazing that during an event nobody cares about the mod, but as soon as it feels exclusive everyone loses their mind and they "must" have it because 1 new weapon is coming out.

How ridiculous to suggest that exclusivity is good for the game. Do you have a favourite melee stance? Just imagine if instead of being available as a regular drop, you had to buy it for like 100 platinum because you missed out on a silly event. Tempo royale is easily the best heavy blade stance, and I would be glad if DE made it available to all players. Leave stuff like scarves and badges as event exclusives, don't lock content that matters.

If everything is so easily obtainable then the point of having an event loses its purpose. Instead of "i better get this event done so i can get the reward or i will have to pay later" we would just have "meh, i'll get it when i can be bothered". Do you see what i mean ?

Its sort of like buying trophies and medals that don't belong to you because you haven't gotten off your couch in time to run the actual event.

Exclusivity IS good for the game, it encourages people to play. It SHOULD matter that you get better rewarded if you play more actively. I don't know why casual players expect to have latest top tier stuff, it just doesnt make sense and makes playing actively pretty pointless because everything is easily available at all times.

If i miss a time limited event i dont expect to get the stuff from it down the line(in real life)

Edited by kiteohatto

Well, yeah....but in this case it just hasnt been exclusive long enough for it to reappear again, its been like what....2 months or so ?

I just find it amazing that during an event nobody cares about the mod, but as soon as it feels exclusive everyone loses their mind and they "must" have it because 1 new weapon is coming out.

Considering that it is the second of two stance mods for glaives, and one of them is already a bit of a crapshoot to get to drop, I'm thinking their both isn't really a definitive time frame on how long is "long enough" and an obligation to flesh out some weapon types a bit more.  I don't see too many people wielding a glaive to begin with.  Hell, it's because of the new glaive they should consider making it available again.