Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Forma

AdFinitum

limit, 1 per customer per arrival.

And how about instead of ∞. You can just stack a extra polarity of your choice on top of another.

So you could turn a 20px-Naramon_Pol.svg.png slot into a 20px-Naramon_Pol.svg.png/20px-Zenurik_Pol.svg.png

I would also add my thoughts about that:

1). Not more than 1 P Forma per item.

2). You wont be able to change already existing polarity (making new polarity slot with two variants of) or changing later that dual polarity slot to somthing else.

What I'd like to have from a 'primed forma' is that using it doesn't reset your warframe's level.

EDIT:

Actually now that I think of it, having to level your warframe again kinda makes it a rewarding effort.

Maybe it's not that great of an idea.

Edited by ddaavveeFTW

Universal slot seems OP.  Especially if you could buy multiple one's buy stockpiling ducats.  instead:

-you can only buy one primed forma per visit from the trader.

-instead of a universal spot you can put 2 polarities in one.  If said mod slot was empty of polarity you could choose the 2 you wanted there.  but if the mod slot already has a polarity you can only choose the second one.

-each weapon/frame can only use one primed forma.

While i'm on the subject what if we had an item that made a mod not cost anything to be put a frame/weapon?  obviously we'd limit it to only one being able to be used on said item.  or maybe that item can make it so all mods of that polarity would cost nothing?  probably too strong.

I can already see a Warframes future. Soon there will be mods soo strong that they require 20 mod points, then people will be 8 primed forma'ing their weapons and the Supra will be the godliest of all godly guns. But then DE will slap all Supra users in the face and nerf it so hard that they become as rare as Gorgon users.

Soon my Tenno........Soooon.............

just so you know, there already are mods that require 20 points. hyperion thrusters and i believe system reroute

Shouldn't we be able to put multiple Forma on a slot anyway???

This idea is AWESOME. We should be able to use normal forma to dual polarize slots.

Primed Forma? Should work for  ANY polarity, but limited to one use only. Would make me forma EVERY LAST ONE of my frames' aura slots immediately.

A universal slot you would only have to limit 1, but a Dual One you Can do 2 or 3. and as far as not resetting. im fine with it.

because not resetting is not a game breaker, your still gonna do endless missions anyway.

so when you talk about endless missions,taking forever to find drops for a prime is the same to me

you cant pick and choose

Tbh, I think Forma is dodgy, let alone Primed Forma.

I know we're already far down the road with Forma, maybe too far, but it's always struck me as a troublesome mechanic. Makes balancing bloody difficult. Some day I'd like to see Forma replaced with a more elegant system.

Edited by nemarsde

I think of forma being used to hard customize a warframe or weapon to the specific need of the weapon and mechanically force players to develop distinct differences in weapon loadouts. In that way forma sorta do the job, eventually the weapon or warframe becomes hardcoded to the player's style or needs. In practice, the game's scaling of the enemies forces players to for the most part always use certain polarity mods as that is the only way to actually fight the higher level enemies. I could totally see a 'Primed Forma' or one time mod slot adder being possible but I think that the game's current difficulty mechanics would need to change first before such a step could be viable or needed.

And how about instead of ∞. You can just stack a extra polarity of your choice on top of another.

So you could turn a 20px-Naramon_Pol.svg.png slot into a 20px-Naramon_Pol.svg.png/20px-Zenurik_Pol.svg.png

reminded me of an old suggestion on counted polarities, which seems like a general version of that.

i.e. you don't attach polarities to slot, but hold a count of polarities you add.

1. Polarity as a count, not attached to slot.

Every time a polarization occur, the player chooses one polarity, and the equipment remembers the total number of polarity of that sort so far.

e.g. I polarize 1 V and 2 -- for a total of 3 formas, it will be remembered as number of each polarity (not attached to slots)

2. Automatic polarity assignment.

A polarity can be assigned up to the number of counts accumulated.

A count of polarity does not have to be fully used up.

It is possible to hold a total count of polarities greater than the number of slots (over-forma)

Polarity can be auto-assigned using a straight forward algorithm:

- sort all mods (internally) in descending cost.

- going through the list, if there are still unused corresponding polarity count of the mod, apply the polarity (and reduce the unused count). If there are no count left for the mod, skip to next tone.

e.g. assume I install the following (already sorted in decscending cost)

a. Split Chamber (V, cost 15)

b. Serration(V, cost 14)

c. Hellfire(--, cost 9)

d. Shred(V, cost 8)

e. Ammo mutation (--, cost 4)

Raw total cost = 50

Assume I have the following polarity counts

V : 2, -- : 1, D: 1

Going through the mod list,

- Split Chamber - apply V polarity to (V left 1), cost becomes 8

- Serration - apply V polarity to (V left 0), cost becomes 7

- Hellfire - apply -- polarity (-- left 0), cost becomes 5

- Shred - skip (no more V), same cost 8

- Ammo mutation - skip (no more --), same cost 4

polarized total cost = 32

left with 1 unused D polarity

Verdict: we no longer have to manually manage slot polarities!

3. "Universal" Equipment

This is done by accumulating a count of at least the number of slots for each polarity type.

E.g. To make an equipment totally universal, it will take minimum Number-Of-Slots formas for each Polarity Type. (if we take 4 polarity types and 8 slots, it will be min 24 formas) Such that no matter what mod is placed in a slot, there will be one free count of polarity which can be auto-assigned, thus halving the costs.

4. Overforma (no game effects)

Since each slot can be only assigned one forma, the highest count of a polarity required is equal to number of slots. Formaing above this number for a polarity type will have no more effects (e.g. you can have 9 V polarity count, but you can only assign maximum of 8 to a 8-slot equipment)

A universal polarity would be a bad idea as it would more or less force players to just forma every slot with it. Removing all form of decision put into your build.

A forma that works without resetting rank? Now that is something that people have asked about since forma was added.

Shouldn't this be in fan concepts instead of general discussion? also +1, i love this idea, i use all 3 loadouts for mods per frame, for different purposes(always have a build for augmenations), and i run into problems where i need to forma so much i cant do the builds, becuase theres no way to make it flexiable enough, this would fix that. They would need to make Primed Forma expensive though, that would make us "Void Farmers" actually care about our vast amounts of ducats. And would put use to it. 

Edited by Darealslenderman

/second, this is a much more balanced approach. Also possibly a lock on the combinations