Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Should Be A Reliable Base-Game Way To Restore Health.

BattledOne

Restoring health.

There are many ways to do it in this game: Trinity, Oberon and Nekros frames have abilities that offer healing. Melee specific mod Life Strike. Procs from Specific Syndicate weapons/Mods. Health restores. Rejuvination aura.

Now that's fine and dandy but what if your random party doesn't have one of those frames? What if you don't have life strike or the situation doesn't really allow you to use it. What if you're not using that specific syndicate's sidearm? Health Restores? Was working at McDonalds to afford a blue potato when the aura alert was up?

Currently the only way to restore health that isn't exclusive to something is the semi-rare health orbs from containers and being revived when downed. In begginer missions the health pickups from crates does suffice, in later stages there's not nearly enough of them with the amount of damage you receive from higher level greneer. The notion of dying to restore your health is blasphemous tho so it's not discussed as an option.

So I ask that there be another method to restore health that is available to every player non discriminative of their equipment in the base game itself. by this i don't mean anything drastic, rivalring the healing options mentioned above. All I'm saying I wouldn't mind if one or two enemy types in each faction were guaranteed to drop a health or or two. Say Ancient Healer and/or Broodmothers, Drahk master, those healing corpus ospreys. Perhaps Eximus enemies could drop one? What do you think about this?

No. The point of the game in general is to race-to-the-bottom, with your shields being a self-healing section of your health, and your actual "health" being the "you're doing poorly, improve your game style" section of your health.

You already heal shields over time, without any input at all. Healing anything beyond that is "bonus".

EVERYONE has shields on every single frame, so it's already built in to have some healing, but if you want more than that, you have to put in the effort.

Health Orbs should exist. no matter how good or bad you're playing, losing Health happens. there is no way around this.

Enemies steal Health from Players through RNG. things we cannot control.

Enemies should drop Health Orbs. nowhere near as often as Energy Orbs, but they should drop them. because we randomly lose Health, so we need to be able to get Health back.

No. The point of the game in general is to race-to-the-bottom, with your shields being a self-healing section of your health, and your actual "health" being the "you're doing poorly, improve your game style" section of your health.

You already heal shields over time, without any input at all. Healing anything beyond that is "bonus".

EVERYONE has shields on every single frame, so it's already built in to have some healing, but if you want more than that, you have to put in the effort.

That became irrelevant the moment slash procs became a thing since the only way to avoid them is to never get hit.

That became irrelevant the moment slash procs became a thing since the only way to avoid them is to never get hit.

Any new mechanic that you introduce on top of what we have now will make Frames that rely on Health+Armour a LOT more powerful, so why would DE do that exactly?

The fact that slash procs exist make this whole "if you're losing health, you need to play better" thing irrelevant.

Only a very select few frames and abilities can actually avoid getting hit, and slash procs are massive.

Oh and don't forget the aimbot ballistas and nigh-unavoidable homing bombard missiles and toxin procs and magnetic procs and various other shield-negating or outright high-damage things that even the most skilled player has almost no control over. 

I'll start accepting it as a challenge to be overcome when the game stops being a gear check.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Any new mechanic that you introduce on top of what we have now will make Frames that rely on Health+Armour a LOT more powerful, so why would DE do that exactly?

How is that a bad thing?

Also yeah maybe it benefits frames with high armor more due to armor making the ehp greater, but it's not significant enough and it still benefits low armor high energy frames suffering from slash procs.

There are several ways to regain health. Rejuvenation, Life Strike, Equilibrium, Winds of Purity as well as any syndicate weapon/weapon mod from Steel Merridian, Arbiters of Hexis and New Loka.

Edit: Oh yah forgot about health consumables.

Edited by xRufus7x

Problem with your, "get good," remark is Grineer's slash damage and infested's poison. Does not matter if you're skilled or noob #1, they will whittle your health down.

Life-strike or syndicate weapons are a band-aid that is cheaper than spamming health pads. Yet, health pads are about the only thing that can save you from a manic's slash proc.

So, did you guys know, if you equip your melee weapon and hold right-mouse-button, you block? No procs, no balistae, nothing. If you're having problems with the incoming damage, change your style, don't demand a change to the game to let you keep playing poorly.

Don't like that? Get a frame or utility that addresses the issue. It's not that hard to find one.

If you really can't handle it, can't learn, and find all else impossible, there's always rhino.

EDIT: And if none of that appeals to you, just stick to the planets where enemies can't kill you.

Edited by Llyssa

No! No health Restores! Buy Credits for P and craft Team Restores to complete the mission and recieve 3000 credits! or buy revives - thats how it works! No restoring health in this game - it will ruin everything!

Edited by Grom-84

No! No health Restores! Buy Credits for P and craft Team Restores to complete the mission and recieve 3000 credits! or buy revieves - thats how it works! No restoring health in this game - it will ruin everything!

Well, no restoring health without paying some kind of price.  Whether that's paid in credits for health packs, limiting frame choice, or choosing your mods to allow for recovery.

The mod options could certainly use an expansion - lifestrike and equilibrium aren't exactly a plethora of options - but I'm opposed to a modless option.  If it's strong enough to allow players to ignore health while modding, it will just make shields dominant again.  If it's not strong enough to do that, then what would it accomplish? 

A level Level 30 seeker will reduce a full base stamina bar of 100 form 100% to 25% in one hit . Your trolling is not even funny concerning blocking, it is not even funny.

Their damage scales. Look up the math, the stamina cost is based on impact's damage. It is math that it is non viable. And it's beyond easy to prove.

Then the game is horribly broken because I block constantly against lvl 80 enemies just fine and dandy. Either that, or your math is horribly wrong.

It's beyond easy to prove. Go ahead, try it.

Well, no restoring health without paying some kind of price.  Whether that's paid in credits for health packs, limiting frame choice, or choosing your mods to allow for recovery.

The mod options could certainly use an expansion - lifestrike and equilibrium aren't exactly a plethora of options - but I'm opposed to a modless option.  If it's strong enough to allow players to ignore health while modding, it will just make shields dominant again.  If it's not strong enough to do that, then what would it accomplish? 

Ignore me, i'm just evil and mean) trying to be in a general mindflow) because it seems it's a sort of good tone to oppose anything which can make a game a bit easier and less redundant for those who not spending much money on consumables, and some guys seems like gladly cut out their own limbs only not to let the others to achive what they achieved a bit faster.

Edited by Grom-84

Then the game is horribly broken because I block constantly against lvl 80 enemies just fine and dandy. Either that, or your math is horribly wrong.

It's beyond easy to prove. Go ahead, try it.

No, it's based on weapon type along with damage blocked. What weapon are you using? That makes a huge difference. Ripkas are horrid for blocking past level 20 NPC, it will fail and result in stamina loss that breaks melee stance.

Weapons like Scindo prime will get its stance broken every 2nd hit from a level 30 seeker. It is nearly as bad as Ripkas

A Dakra, can get 1 hit from a level 80 Seeker 2nd hit breaks the stance. A level 80 bombardier will take out a 100 stamina every hit. I do not know why you brought up level 80s but that is 1-2 hits tops for any weapon that does not have stamina mods on the warframe (or higher than 100 base).

If you're talking about the light units with hinds, and such, they can be blocked easier because the damage is less. Blocking only converts damage to stamina, dependent on weapon type. Each weapon type has a ratio of health to stamina; Weapons are not equal.

NPCs are not alone and every hit from level +30s will eat up stamina. It's not a viable option to stop bleeding. Killing the NPCs  will stop them from applying it. So melee them with life-strike is viable, far more so than blocking them.

If you want screen shots i'll post them, but I am not going to turn this into a derailed topic about blocking.

Edited by LazyKnight

No, it's based on weapon type along with damage blocked. What weapon are you using? That makes a huge difference. Ripkas are horrid for blocking past level 20 NPC ,it will fail and result in stamina loss that breaks melee stance.

A Dakra, can get 1 hit from a level 80 Seeker 2nd hit breaks the stance. A level 80 bombardier will take out a 100 stamina every hit. I do not know why you brought up level 80s but that is 1-2 hits tops for any weapon that does not have stamina mods on the warframe.

Weapons like Scindo prime will get it stance broken every 2nd hit from a level 30 seeker. 

NPCs are not alone and every hit from level +30s will eat up stamina. It's not a viable option to stop bleeding. Killing the NPCs  will stop them from applying it. So melee them with life-strike is viable, far more so than blocking them.

If you want screen shots i'll post them, but I am not going to turn this into a derailed topic about blocking.

Fun fact. Reflex Guard will allow you to block without stamina.

Fun fact. Reflex Guard will allow you to block without stamina.

I have one maxed; I know how it works. So now we're talking about blocking with a rank 10 rare mod?

It works for heavy gunners because they will keep re-triggering it. Try RB with stuff that shots slow like a seeker or ballista, results in them breaching the chance of it not triggering. Trusting reflex guard to any sniper NPC does not work. It requires having some rapid fire NPCshooting the player at the same time so the RG is not flipped off.

Edited by LazyKnight

There are several ways to regain health. Rejuvenation, Life Strike, Equilibrium, Winds of Purity as well as any syndicate weapon/weapon mod from Steel Merridian, Arbiters of Hexis and New Loka.

Edit: Oh yah forgot about health consumables.

It is a very small and specific group of things, comparatively.

They're more like niche bandaids for those flawed mechanics. 

It's also forcing players to build a specific way and forgo freedom just to deal with things like RNG-dictated damage.

Mods and gear should be (and for the most part, are) compliments to existing stats and mechanics, rather than fixes for absent ones.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I don't see whats wrong with health restores if the other less reliable and more build specific methods aren't your thing.

Like really, what more do you want then a literal health pack?

I do not understand.

I'm not opposed to more options, I just don't get the issue here.

The again, lets not indirectly nerf trinity.

Edited by StinkyPygmy