Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Show Us Your Desktop!

Kratos

If you dont mind me asking (though i could probably google this >_>) , how does one screenshot their desktop?

Print screen, and paste it in something like paint/photoshop :P

But the easiest way is to download an app called LightShot, that lets you select what you want to capture, and instantly upload aswell

If you dont mind me asking (though i could probably google this >_>) , how does one screenshot their desktop?

If you have Windows 8 / 8.1, Use WinKey (Or as they call it now, Charm key) + PrintScreen, and it shall appear in a folder in your Pictures library, under the folder Screenshots.

Windows 7, you hit PrintScreen, Go to Paint, Paste, Save as .png (or .jpg).

Upload to Imgur or another image hosting website, and post as normal.

image assistant applications light Lightshot

for anyone else reading the thread - there's dozens upon dozens of other applications that work like this. they're all very easy and convenient to use. if you want to use one, use whichever suits you. (preferably one that allows you to do hotlinking however, not allowing hotlinking is pretty annoying if you ask me, and makes such a service basically useless)

for anyone else reading the thread - there's dozens upon dozens of other applications that work like this. they're all very easy and convenient to use. if you want to use one, use whichever suits you. (preferably one that allows you to do hotlinking however, not allowing hotlinking is pretty annoying if you ask me, and makes such a service basically useless)

Not sure if you used LightShot before, but once you selected what you want to capture, a little toolbar pops up with plenty options.

Two notable ones are either saving to desktop, or instantly uploading it, and within the same toolbar the link will appear with a copy button next to it.

I don't think it gets easier to use than that.

-snip-

-snip-

Thank you!

RHjgSPe.png

Some games, easy access to important files etc, the bottom right is specifically warframe stuff, a fanart folder and a scrapped fanart folder, followed by warframe itself and a folder for my relay and wiki related shenanigans 

Edited by Somedude1000

-snip-

for me:

step 1 - i press my Crop Shot button so i can rectangle marquee what i want to have an image of.

step 2 - i drag and click.

step 3 - i paste my link that i got instantaneously and is placed into my clipboard.

or, if i want just the entire screen, i press the button, and then paste the instantaneousl link.

either way, the point being that there's dozens and dozens of image helper services, and any of the good ones are all one or two steps to have something usable.

my solution is for power users, so it has 8.25*10^2956 settings - but that's another matter.

I like to keep it simple.

This PC I keep tidy, and not just any tidy, this is IT tidy. 0 bloatware, 0 un-needed files. Just games and software that goes with games. Everything about it is clean. 

My other PC next to this one has all my BS on it, hell, if I was a little more motivated I'd even move my background pictures to the other one as well.

lfOlr3X.jpg

I have SS's of every Warframe rotating through every 5 mins.

Album for those interested