The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

Lol so you say the theory is of cause energy can't smile?

I thought this gonna be interesting discussion how on earth people can deduce that Tenno are definately not energy.

So long as DE doesn't come with a definitive answer, it's neither confirmwd or denied.

As for your statement:

So energy can't smile?

Even if it's controling a phusical form?

What about rrobots, they can't smile?

What about ghosts? Spirits? Hell even this very data i'm typing rifht now can rheoreticly "smile" :)

There's tones of better arguements for your statement, but you choose an in-game audio-log that shows only the warframe getting swarmed by enemies? All you see in that picture is the warframe, which has a smily face designed on it.

P.s. I'm getting tired of all these "X-theory confirmed threads without substance)

I think the theory of a symbiotic relationship between the warframe and tenno is spot on. It also does cross into the notion (of how geth can jump between platforms) therefore making the yse of tge other warframes possible. I think the real question is whats the living entity.....the warframe or the tenno controlling said warframe?

I think the theory of a symbiotic relationship between the warframe and tenno is spot on. It also does cross into the notion (of how geth can jump between platforms) therefore making the use of the other warframes possible. I think the real question is whats the living entity.....the warframe or the tenno controlling said warframe?

Edit: I do like the guyver reference, however I see a problem with that. The guyver suit is alien tech fused to the hosts cerebral cortex via its location on the back of the neck so being able to swap armour suits would be impossible.

As a side note David Hayter who was the guyver is also well known for lending his voice for a legendary gaming character.

Edited by (PS4)kombatchamp

Why do people fail to acknowledge that the WFs in lore and what we currently control are not the same thing.

It doesn't matter if the original Ember was twisted human flesh, that was the original. In this game we are controlling a copy we created in a ship from blueprints.

It's also highly possible that the suits we create are part synthetic organic material that uses synthetic blood. Bicentennial man used synthetic blood for his synthetic organs. The idea of creating an organic suit is not far fetched.

Lol so you say the theory is of cause energy can't smile?

I thought this gonna be interesting discussion how on earth people can deduce that Tenno are definately not energy.

So long as DE doesn't come with a definitive answer, it's neither confirmwd or denied.

As for your statement:

So energy can't smile?

Even if it's controling a phusical form?

What about rrobots, they can't smile?

What about ghosts? Spirits? Hell even this very data i'm typing rifht now can rheoreticly "smile" :)

There's tones of better arguements for your statement, but you choose an in-game audio-log that shows only the warframe getting swarmed by enemies? All you see in that picture is the warframe, which has a smily face designed on it.

P.s. I'm getting tired of all these "X-theory confirmed threads without substance)

Yep, this post pretty much sums up why the OP is being small-minded. 

Clearly you're approaching this from the wrong angle.

Before I explain, please remember that this is a personal theory (which Morec0 approves of, so yay).

Warframes.

"Use them well, Tenno." - Lotus

Warframes are not armor. They are essentially hardware: all the palpable and non electricity-based stuff. The helmet, the chassis, the systems (an entire array of wires, literal memory cards and the like).

As such, the Warframes are basically meat puppets: they may have a face or whatever under the outer shell for some reason, but having a face doesn't change the fact that they are "soulless". No matter how fancy it is, a CPU is useless without energy.

Tenno are energy-based beings. Once they were human, but the Void changed them on a fundamental level. They are the electricity that powers the Warframe and controls it.

Mirage smiling does not prove this theory wrong. It only shows that Tenno can make their currently inhabited Warframe do facial gestures.

I think the theory of a symbiotic relationship between the warframe and tenno is spot on. It also does cross into the notion (of how geth can jump between platforms) therefore making the use of the other warframes possible. I think the real question is whats the living entity.....the warframe or the tenno controlling said warframe?

Maybe it's both.

Tenno are energy-based beings. Once they were human, but the Void changed them on a fundamental level. They are the electricity that powers the Warframe and controls it.

Yes, we have energy, because we need it for our powers. Therefor, we are not energy. If we were, wouldn't we have an infinite amount of energy at our disposal?

The Tenno are Humans, with enhanced powers from an exterior force like the Infested.
We are just copies of Hayden Tenno, but more advance.

The thing that put everybody off from this theory is the changing of Frame, and why from a Rhino we can enter a Mag frame.
Let me explain: WE ARE NOT MENT TO DO THAT, or, better, if we take a look at the game lore-wise, if i choose to be Ash, "i will be forever a person that can fit in there" and thats it.
What i want to say is that Ash and who controls it its Ash and Ash-only. Mag is Mag. Excalibur is Excalibur. You have to see this from another point of view, more like a movie. Like we were ment to play 1 frame only. However if you apply this to gameplay-wise its not possible. 
You cant "sell" a game letting players choose ONLY 1 Frame. So we can use every frame, but its purely fictional. We can change frame, yes, but that doesnt mean there is any relation between them.

TLDR: A little girl will forever be Mag, a bulky guy can only be(wear) Rhino.

As i already said, those "pilot" must have some special power coming from a benefical infection from a powerful force(maybe the sentient too?). Thats what make us different from basic humans. We have the ability to WEAR the frames.

What i think is that inside a tenno, there MIGHT be a visually normal human wearing the blue suit (guards in the relays).

(sry for eng)

The Tenno are Humans, with enhanced powers from an exterior force like the Infested.

The thing that put everybody off from this theory is the changing of Frame, and why from a Rhino we can enter a Mag frame.

Let me explain: WE ARE NOT MENT TO DO THAT, or, better, if we take a look at the game lore-wise, if i choose to be Ash, "i will be forever a person that can fit in there" and thats it.

What i want to say is that Ash and who controls it its Ash and Ash-only. Mag is Mag. Excalibur is Excalibur. You have to see this from another point of view, more like a movie. Like we were ment to play 1 frame only. However if you apply this to gameplay-wise its not possible. 

You cant "sell" a game letting players choose ONLY 1 Frame. So we can use every frame, but its purely fictional. We can change frame, yes, but that doesnt mean there is any relation between them.

As i already said, those "pilot" must have some special power coming from a benefical infection from a powerful force(maybe the sentient too?). Thats what make us different from basic humans. We have the ability to WEAR the frames.

What i think is that inside a tenno, there MIGHT be a visually normal human wearing the blue suit (guards in the relays).

(sry for eng)

But the mono-Tenno theory was basically confirmed by the Limbo quest. Ordis says something among the lines of "Operator, be more careful than the original when you inhabit this frame!"

No... you're making an assumtion. Nothing is concrete.

That said, you may be right, but right now it can't be proven.

A pretty solid assumption, on a theory very few believed to begin with, all because they failed 3rd grade english and never learned what a metaphor is.

(sry for eng)

Your bold is obnoxious and didn't lend any more validity to your claim.

Creating and building frames are clearly part of the lore. We even have quest to find parts. It's not a gameplay retcon when we change frames.

Edited by Hypernaut1

A pretty solid assumption, on a theory very few believed to begin with, all because they failed 3rd grade english and never learned what a metaphor is.

Wow, look at you. Throwing out insults left and right.

Okey-dokey, lemme bust this truth you've devised from 1 piece of lore:

There is NO PROOF that Tenno are not energy beings. There is NO PROOF that they are.

Lets start with the "operator", a Tenno. How many Tenno make up an operator? I can assume (and it's only an assumption) that there is only one operator per liset. Fair enough? Or am I missing something?

So we have one Tenno.

A Warframe =/= a Tenno. It's an equipable item, just like a weapon. If there is only one Tenno (one operator), that means this Tenno has access to all these suits. How many options do we have to describe what a Tenno is if it can fit into multiple different suits of (A) different sizes, and (B) different body types?

Well, so far, from what I've seen, we have two options:

1 - We (the Tenno) can shape-shift, allowing us to inhabit the different Warframes

2 - We (the Tenno) are beings of energy, able to inhabit Warframes, which (if this is the case) are not only suits, but full physical bodies.

Either is possible at this time. There is no conformation of either being true. Claiming that one is true and the other is false simply on the basis that "energy can't smile" is silly, since if statement 2 is correct, the body the Tenno inhabits can.

Yeah. Either statement 1 or 2 are possible right now.

Edited by IANOBW

Your bold is obnoxious and didn't lend any more validity to your claim.

Creating and building frames are clearly part of the lore. We even have quest to find parts. It's not a gameplay retcon when we change frames.

Creating other frames is NOT part of the Lore. It's just gameplay separated from the lore to keep the game alive.

Edited by CunoVonRembold

Creating other frames is NOT part of the Lore. It's just gameplay separated from the lore to keep the game alive.

You mean, except for the quests where we actually build frames to progress, its explicitly stated that we're doing it, and at the end we both get the new frame and there are comments that we are going to use it ourselves? 

You mean, except for the quests where we actually build frames to progress, its explicitly stated that we're doing it, and at the end we both get the new frame and there are comments that we are going to use it ourselves? 

Gee, i don't want to say that you aren't right, Thats what the gameplay is, however i find the relation between lore and gameplay totally broke. To me, the Arsenal(when choosing frame) is just a "Select your character" screen.

I you check another topic in here, it will explain that WF is missing that, and thats why many people believe that tenno can shape shift.

Doing mission and stuff as you say, to me, its just covering holes here and there trying to merge broken lore and gameplay.

That whole Limbo quest line? Ya, that pretty much disproves your statement. You should do it some time. Enlighten yourself.

Clearly you're approaching this from the wrong angle.

Before I explain, please remember that this is a personal theory (which Morec0 approves of, so yay).

Warframes.

"Use them well, Tenno." - Lotus

Warframes are not armor. They are essentially hardware: all the palpable and non electricity-based stuff. The helmet, the chassis, the systems (an entire array of wires, literal memory cards and the like).

As such, the Warframes are basically meat puppets: they may have a face or whatever under the outer shell for some reason, but having a face doesn't change the fact that they are "soulless". No matter how fancy it is, a CPU is useless without energy.

Mirage smiling does not prove this theory wrong. It only shows that Tenno can make their currently inhabited Warframe do facial gestures.

I couldn't say it better, I tried, but this is my theory as well.