Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

253 Nodes On The Star Map To 20

Spindle99

I would rather have 20 well designed and interconnected missions that have a little bit more thought put into them, maybe some NPC interaction, a little bit of non combat stuff sprinkled in there, than 253 crappy cookie cutter ones that are there to arbitrarily prolong game length.

Again my guess that the new mission structure will kind of be like alerts... There's like 20 or however many active nodes and it cycles every 8, 12, 24 or whatever amount of hours.

That would make the most sense, of course they need to have legit rewards for people to want to so them. But this way the entire player base would be on a couple dozen nodes and it would be much easier to find squads and connect.

Well, i think we need to know more before we can really comment.

For instance if the system worked like this i would be all for it:

- select a planet

- select a tier among 5 (maybe MR locked tiers, but i'm not sure it would be well)

- tier scale in difficulty, first is 1-10, second is 11-20, third is 21-35, fourth is 36-45, fifth is 46-60 or around there

- each tier has one node for every mission type available. Mission availability would be something like:

T1 any non endless mission excluding assassination

T2 add defense/surival

T3 add interception

T4/5 have all mission nodes

Assassiation nodes get a separate node and always have level of difficulty linked to MR.

- to unlock new planet you'd have to complete at least one mission for each tier up to the tier you have your Assassination node on

Well, turned out to be pretty convoluted. Iu get the idea though, the details are just thrown there.

Conclave sure MR no; I'm MR 6 and still haven't potatoed or forma'ed anything. I also would prefer all the missions to be available for each tier, some of us don't like endless modes or vice versa, and it seems kind of pointless to force them to do it.  Other than that, I like this, provided you aren't saying that I have to beat 46-60 to unlock the current low level bosses like Ruk, Vor, Anyo, etc...

This changes too many things.

I sincerely hope DE has a plan for player progression, hopefully even tying the Quest system into the Star Chart exploration.

But this, if I understand it correctly, essentially removes the "chart" from the Star Chart, therefore officially removing the progression. I know how the old system was repetitive and tedious, but it was still work-in-progress. This system caters to the "farming" meta, but not really to a "story"-wise progression.

My question is what happens to Grandmasters location on these nodes ? Do they just get added to the planet itself ?

I'd much rather know what happens to the mastery points for completing a node the first time.

Will the Mastery points be deducted from all accounts or will everyone who has not finished the star chart get the points he is still missing?

What about new players then?

I'd much rather know what happens to the mastery points for completing a node the first time.

Will the Mastery points be deducted from all accounts or will everyone who has not finished the star chart get the points he is still missing?

What about new players then?

It'll be the same points somehow, it was mentioned a stream some time ago. Part of it was making sure people still got the same mastery points, even if it comes with less nodes. 

I imagine they'll just increase the master per planet/node i guess? 

And here all I wanted was the old starmap ui.

You know what I want to know though, how are they going to fit alerts and invasions into just 20 nodes without a decrease in frequency? 

The alerts will just work off the 20 nodes (the only real variance in alerts now is the rewards, other than the planet name), assuming the alerts are even staying.

The alerts will just work off the 20 nodes (the only real variance in alerts now is the rewards, other than the planet name), assuming the alerts are even staying.

Yeah, but I meant in combination with the invasions and such. It makes for a pretty strained map, like all nodes would have both the original going on and one or even two other situations going if we kept the current activity. (20 base nodes, going to assume for most 9 syndicate missions all on individual nodes, usually 2-3 active alerts, anywhere from 1-11 invasions or something close, and don't forget if a tac or event is going down, and also however the new void system is going to work. that's like 17+ things going on-top of these 20 nodes, seems like things could get cluttered, though i guess if that's what the devs are aiming for (more things per node) then it'd work out well)

urgh i dislike change, can't tell if this is going to be a terrible shift in map ui or a great one. though currently it seems like it's just limiting my options. Y_Y

To me right now (from the very limited information they are giving) it feels like I'm having the park taken away from me and I'm being given a small garden to play in.

The only way I can see them doing this with 20 nodes is denial of the content you want to do on the map you want to do it and instead being forced to wait on a RNG map/mission change.  To me right now, that sounds horrible.

Imagine if the Void change now works like a kind of alert system too, so you can't do whatever void you want to when you want to you gotta wait for the one you want to become available.

20 nodes would include everything, including voids so...this is looking like a huge restriction.

All I am reading is a bunch of negative assumptions. This is why DE can't turn to the community for feedback on any major changes.

You try much to hard to see how things can go wrong instead of how it will improve the game.

There is clearly a problem with the star chart when 90% of the nodes are empty. They also plan to address the repetitive nature of 5x invasions too. I really don't understand why so many posters don't see how condensing the star chart is a needed step.

Increasing reward won't help because there will always be a node with the best rewards.

All I am reading is a bunch of negative assumptions. This is why DE can't turn to the community for feedback on any major changes.

You try much to hard to see how things can go wrong instead of how it will improve the game.

There is clearly a problem with the star chart when 90% of the nodes are empty. They also plan to address the repetitive nature of 5x invasions too. I really don't understand why so many posters don't see how condensing the star chart is a needed step.

Increasing reward won't help because there will always be a node with the best rewards.

Giving too little information is sometimes as bad or worse than giving none.  They stated that they are removing almost all the nodes and giving us 20, so basically the whole game will be put onto 20 maps.  That's kind of a big deal and it's hard to paint that picture in a rosy fashion.  The only way 20 nodes would work is by rotation, which means you won't be able to do what you want when you want.

Keep in mind that the whole idea behind this rework is to have players be less spread out, so I highly doubt there will be sub menus for each node based on level.  That just beings up the same problem as before, players spread out.

The main problem is that by the time we know for sure how it works it's gonna be in the game and chances of it being reversed at that point are slim or at best will take a long time.

For something as big a deal as this I really think they should talk more about it before we get it.

It's just more difficult to see what is going right with this change, especially with such limited information (also de seems to be trending bad decisions so I fault no one for immediately heading that direction)

And the problem with the star chart was never it having too many nodes, the problem with it was the lack of reason to run them. The introduction of dual stat mods as possible rewards for spy missions was a step in the right direction, but then was never built further upon. It was also only done a very solo-centric game mode. So it isn't as if they didn't have other routes to go with this situation, heck the void in itself could have just been pegged down a bit and other nodes would get more uses, but instead of making the void no longer contain everything (prime items, rare cores and other good mods, credits, and resources) they'd rather just reroute the entire map (which could be good or bad, but is still far more iffy). 

Also, best of anything within this game can be very flexible. Are you looking for the best exp farm? Best core farm? Best credit farm? Best place to farm both exp and credits? Best place to farm credits and cores? Best place to farm a specific resource? Best place to farm a particular mod? There is plenty of bests for a majority of nodes to be a contender for, like every spy node now is the best for farming the particular mod that is only obtainable from that node on that specific planet. Of course there will always be a best for something, but it isn't impossible to make most of the things good at a combination of things to make each desirable in their own situation. 

But alas de would rather do large erratic changes, than stick to something for the long haul with gradual adjustments until they get it right. But I will certainly hope this new shift works out, and perhaps it will, the details are so sparse it's hard to tell at the moment. Next Dev stream we should all really ask for some more information on this map change so I know how worried or not I should be. 

Last DEV stream was all about bosses, I really hope one of the community team sees this or just picks up on it from somewhere else and makes the next one all about the star chart.

The new star chart is more important the the boss reworks honestly.

Conclave sure MR no; I'm MR 6 and still haven't potatoed or forma'ed anything. I also would prefer all the missions to be available for each tier, some of us don't like endless modes or vice versa, and it seems kind of pointless to force them to do it. Other than that, I like this, provided you aren't saying that I have to beat 46-60 to unlock the current low level bosses like Ruk, Vor, Anyo, etc...

No, absolutely not. Details are barely sketched btw, i threw all this together in five minutes at university, it was more something like a general idea :)

The way they were talking about it on a previous devstream, I get the impression that when you open the solar map that rather than picking a node that has its own inherent gamemode, level and tileset that you will click a button that says for example "Rescue" and then it throws you into a random tileset (they said even tilesets like mercury would be playable on high level missions).

How the level is determined I dont know, I hope its not more conclave scaling as that would make levelling weapons very difficult and the conclave system is broken enough as is.

That actually sounds pretty fun/refreshing, though I'd still like the option to choose specific tiles.

Sometimes you just wanna visit Neptune's winter wonderland.

Edited by Ailith