Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Could You Tweak The Spawning Shennanigans?

MechaTails

Warframe feels like one of those shooting games at the theaters that are rigged to destroy you so you keep pumping quarters into the machine. It makes sense since the devs have to make money after all, so I'm not arguing against it.

Lately the borderline cheating enemy spawning has gotten on my nerves though. Specifically, when enemies magically spawn right behind me and blow my brains out.

For example, I'll use Sonar to see where all the enemies are in the current room. I'll wipe them all out with mad Tenno whip skillz, with plenty of Sonar left to go, showing there's no one left alive, and head towards the red blips in the next room. So what happens? Soon as I start running towards the enemies straight ahead, a Sniper or Detron Crewman or Godzilla will magically spawn a few meters behind me and of course murder me before I know what's going on.

Another example, I'll try to be clever and flank enemies who are hiding behind cover, wiping them all out. Then as I trot towards their loot-filled corpses in this completely empty corridor, a Bombard will spawn behind me and pummel me into the consistency of chewing gum.

And I absolutely know I'm not imagining this because the enemies that magically spawn behind me will also magically appear on Sonar's radar, despite having been completely clear.

It happens every single game. It's especially bad in Solo because there's no one around to revive you, so you either waste revives and buy more with plat, or start the nonsense all over again. You can't play tactically because the game just "cheats" and ruins your plans.

Though again, to be fair, this isn't a tactical shooter, it's more of an arcade game.

inb4 just use loki/rino/nova nub

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII

Lol, your inb4 is entirely wrong.

Rhino is trash. His late game fall of is the worst in the game that I can even think of. 

Why not try Saryn? -- btw, if you know how to cancel spawns it wont be that bad.. 

I'll clear a room, start walking through the door to the next, and magically a Lancer will spawn on a walkway a few meters behind me, basically anywhere I'm not currently looking. They could even spawn behind a barrel off to my side. So what you're pointing out may be part of it, though the doors are open when these bullS#&$ spawns happen lol

Edited by DarkTails

yeah, one time i was leveling forma'ed nova prime with enemy sense+radar to get maximum radar radius.

I'm doing spy on Lex, ceres. When i'm sniping enemies one by one with my dread, suddenly a bombard spawn up on my a$$.

you could guess what happen next. lol

I see this specially in exterminations, since they change it to be not-linear "improvement", which made exterminations spawns and dynamic so much worse.

Sometimes you can even see the HUD showing 1 enemy at your right, but as soon as you start moving there, it changes the enemy marker to the left.

Edited by 7grims

I will see enemies pop into existence within the same room I'm in when stealthing all the time. Specially right after completing a spy room. And the game is always: "NOPE!" *insert units*. "corpus may not know your here but I DO." And its not like its in a spawn room. but in connection hallway rooms.

Edited by Firetempest

you aren't moving fast enough.

In the time it would take that enemy that spawned behind me to get to the door, I'd be three tiles away.

In the case of other game modes, like survival, it's better to just manipulate spawns to your will.

I've seen this happen mostly in Spy missions (those are the only ones I care to stealth, maybe it's related). I just finish clearing a room of enemies and move to the vault door to start hacking. I'm not even done with it and BOOM! detected. I turn around and there is this Crewman who was never there before.

Not to mention the last enemy in Exterminates that always spawns three tiles behind me and forces me to backtrack every bloody time.

I have seen many enemies spawn right beside me in some stealth runs, I was going Solid Snake Style and then an enemy spawns right beside me, the only thing going through my head in those moments is:

Hasn't happened to me as you described. Had mobs spawn behind me when I'm far enough away from that tileset, never had them just 'appear' a few meters behind me, unless by a few you meant a few dozen.

I enjoy the respawning mechanic, survival would be boring without quick spawning enemies... no rest for the wicked.

I have seen many enemies spawn right beside me in some stealth runs, I was going Solid Snake Style and then an enemy spawns right beside me, the only thing going through my head in those moments is:

Rofl thanks, thats what im gonna hear from now on as i pass the I Want To Believe poster in the Grineer barracks

I've had this happen more times than I would like to mention.

It's especially common in survival matches. I'll run to take cover in a loot room or something, then as I'm leaving the room I'll take a hail of bleed inducing bullets to the back from a magic heavy gunner.

I will see enemies pop into existence within the same room I'm in when stealthing all the time. Specially right after completing a spy room. And the game is always: "NOPE!" *insert units*. "corpus may not know your here but I DO." And its not like its in a spawn room. but in connection hallway rooms.

Yes!

This is true : 90% of the time you complete a vault,even undetected, an enemy spawns next to the data room entrance! It's even more awkward when they spawn and go straight to the data room!...

I got detected a lot of times because of this : you thought that you cleared the room before entering, and right after you come back, you either find an already semi-alerted guy (behind cover) or someone is running to ring the alarm.. :/