The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc Operation: Tubemen Of Regor

DE_Adam

KP9u7Wm.jpg

New Event: OPERATION TUBEMEN OF REGOR

Tenno,

You have the opportunity to strike at the heart of Tyl Regor’s secret cloning labs but this opportunity comes with a difficult choice.

Alad V thinks these labs contain a cure for the Infestation that riddles his body and he wants us to find it. Nef Anyo hates Alad and will do anything to keep him from becoming strong again, including destroying the cure he seeks. Both are offering to lead us to the labs.

You must decide which is the lesser of two evils.

- The Lotus

HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO

• Visit the Grineer Ocean on Uranus.
  • You must decide if you wish to help Alad V or Nef Anyo. Helping Alad V means stealing the cure for his Infestation, while helping Nef Anyo means destroying the cure.
  • Locate the Pump Room. You will need to flood this facility.
  • Break open the pipes to allow pumped water to flood the room then start the pumping process at the nearby console.
  • Once you have activated the console, wait for the pumping process to complete. Be alert, Tenno! Enemies may attack. Keep them from interrupting the process.
  • When the pumping process is finished, use the elevator to access the caves below. Enemies may be waiting, so use caution.

Your next steps will be determined by the side you have chosen:

Destroy (help Nef Anyo)

- Locate the Genetic Experiment. Attack and defeat it.

- Proceed to Extraction.

Steal (help Alad V)

- Locate two Console areas in the DNA Room. Find nearby Toxin cells and apply them to each Console to extract important information and sabotage the cloning process.

- Proceed to Extraction.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

- You may choose to assist either Nef Anyo by Destroying Grineer Research Components or Alad V by Stealing Grineer Research Components.

- This Operation is on now until Wednesday, May 20 at 12 p.m. EDT.

SCORING AND REWARDS

Event Badge – Support Nef Anyo or Alad V in at least 1 regional battle.

Event Weapon –Fully support Nef Anyo or Alad V in at least 4 regional battles

o   DERA VANDAL: A customized version of the Dera, featuring a metallic finish and Lotus decal. (If Nef Anyo is victorious at the end of the Event.)

o   KARAK WRAITH: A different take on the Grineer assault rifle, the Karak Wraith features unique styling. (If Alad V is victorious at the end of the Event.)

Reward FAQ:

'What happens if the person I support loses, what reward do I get?'
-You will win the victor's weapon if the person you support loses. The losing party's weapon will be vaulted for future use.

'Are there leaderboards or trophies?'
-There are not.

'What other rewards are there?'
-Stay tuned for lots of battle pay!

Edited by DERebecca
Added reward FAQ

Argh. Both weapons sound nice.

So will the losers get the gun of the winners, like with the Machete Wraith after Gradivus? Basicly the winning side decides which weapon will be rewarded.

Or will each get the weapon of their chosen faction?

Also what are the chances the losing weapon will appear as reward for a later event ala the Prova Vandal? I doubt it will be vaulted forever without being rewarded once.

Anyway.

This event story has some issues for me.

Why should we support Alad V. (if we ignore the Karak Wraith as the obvious factor)?

In the end, he will be on our hit list either way for all the stuff he did. The only difference would be that we would be killing a human Alad V. instead of an Infested one, which makes next to no difference because we want him dead period!

Look at all the mess he has created allready. Why should we help this guy? What good could come out of it if we don't kill him right away, which we might actualy just do to his Infested version allready?

Also there is the gameplay issue with this choice.

We are allready killing him in the past (Jupiter) and the present (Eris). If he would be cured, would we suddently get him as a third alternate future assassination?

Pretty sure infested Alad V. took some effort to create. That can't go to waste. So he can't be cured. Unless a third version of him is meant to show up one day.

Edited by Othergrunty

Judging by the description,

the losers get the gun of the winners, like with the Machete Wraith after Gradivus

If Alad V wins, all winners and losers who participated get Karak Wraith. If Nef Anyo wins, all winners and losers get Dera Vandal.

So your weapon reward is, ultimately, up to the community and not you.

As for the badge, it's currently marked in-game for fully supporting 1 regional battle.

Edited by Archwizard

Wait, no badge?

I was curious about this as well...if it truly is an event...

DE, are badges being phased out?

EDIT: Just now saw the event badge as a reward in the Lisett

Edited by Erelas

Ah, Tenno! If there was a chance to stick it to those Grineer dogs, it's now. Let me lead you on this.. this descent into Tyl's Labs. 

Tenno, choose the road to righteous profit! Do not be lured by that leper! The Void is the one true investment. All else is false profit.

I have the same question too: how the reward system works? 
I mean, if I support Alad or Nef, will I however receive the weapon if my faction will lose? 
Will I receive the victorious faction weapon or my personal faction one?

Crashed on first attempt.

Can't go to derelicts, can't got to the Relays, can't go to Ceres too often, can't ever play Tower Sabotage, and now I can add can't go to Uranus to that list.

The AMD card issue is still alive and well, it seems.

In fact, I'm extremely angry about this because I see so much desirable content this update, and yet I can't have any of it because these issues persist. What I saw of the Uranus tileset pleases me greatly, but I can't be apart of it.

Edited by Krion112

I have the same question too: how the reward system works? 

I mean, if I support Alad or Nef, will I however receive the weapon if my faction will lose? 

Will I receive the victorious faction weapon or my personal faction one?

Adding to that, does it matter how many "points" we get from each side to receive the reward? Can I just get the battle pay I want and, if I've done 4 regional battles, even if I do 2 Salad + 2 Nerf, I'll still get the reward?

Unlike Gradivus, where loyalty to one side was actually important and affected your score + reward, this doesn't seem to have the same restriction (might be intentional due to the implications of the event).

Edited by Casardis

Guys, this event isn't about Alad V or Tyl Regor. The important thing here is that apparently there is a cure for the infestation. This is a huge deal for the entire solar system. If this cure does in fact exist, destroying it would be incredibly horrible. I know no one likes Alad, but please don't destroy the cure for the sake of petty revenge :(