Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poll: Do You Want To See More Manic-Type Enemies (G.d. Edition)

Twilight053

Before you throw your pitchfork, I am aware that this has already been a question in the Community Hot Topics. Most of the survey leaned towards "Yes", but as Community Hot Topics also gathers up forum bypassers (those who don't post in discussions as much) which makes the survey somewhat biased to my curiosity. The problem is, I wanted to know what forum participants (if you bother to visit General Discussion, then you are a participant) think of this question without the intervention of forum bypassers, and General Discussion seems like a good place to start. If a mod is reading this, I'm sorry for posting a duplicate topic.

So, would you like to see more Manic-type enemies? You can vote here: http://strawpoll.me/4371299

Thanks!

i'm always rearing to go for more Enemies which are more interesting to fight than mow it down with bullets.

as long as they aren't simply frustrating to fight, and instead are legitimately difficult to fight, by all means.

infact, that Manic Bombard seems to lack invulnerability while invisible and Teleporting (though might just be lacking it entirely) - which if that is so, fantastic!

makes the Enemy not frustrating to fight, but still more engaging and difficult than the usual mook.

plus the Player is able to get that "i'm smart" feeling if they can track the Enemy and shoot it while it's invisible.

which is the best feeling to give the Player of a game. you want them to feel smart when they figure things out, not simply feel like they've been allowed to cross the bridge.

as the Player wants to feel as if they've accomplished something, that their own success was due to themself, not the game deciding to allow them to succeed as if they're inferior.

Yes, but they should be fairly rare occurrences (the spawn rate for the current manic is acceptable) and should not have periods of invincibility.

They can turn invisible, teleport, and regen health; invincibility just drags the fight out, especially if a Nova primes them.

infact, that Manic Bombard seems to lack invulnerability while invisible and Teleporting (though might just be lacking it entirely) - which if that is so, fantastic!

makes the Enemy not frustrating to fight, but still more engaging and difficult than the usual mook.

I had no idea he does this.. if you use radial disarm, he remains permanently visible waving a stick around.. he's just faster than your average bear.

I found the new manic a fun challenge, at least initially.

Enemies dat  dont just stand in front of u to get killed , sure i want them

That's good, but teleporting is cheap. I'd rather have enemies who are as quick as tenno, but still able to be tracked and killed.

I simply wish manics were just really fast runners - not teleporting all over the place. You spend most of the time standing around waiting for them to pop up so you can shoot or melee them once or twice before they disappear again, and then you get to do some more waiting. Yay. I don't find that mechanic engaging whatsoever - it's more boring and annoying than threatening or scary.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

I want the manic grineer to be less cheap first

This^

To be completely honest, Manics are a real hindrance to progress when they show up. I have missed out on last minute Alert rewards because of them. Something has to change with them so that players are not getting stuck in a room for 3+ minutes trying to time their shots perfectly to kill them.

I can't way the same for Nullifiers. Those guys are annoying at worst.

I want the manic grineer to be less cheap first

^

This.

It's a rough question to give a multiple choice answer to. I voted "Bring it on Grineer!" because interesting new enemies are something we definitely need, but enemy design continues to be DE's glaring weak link and all new enemies have felt like steps backwards. Flying DoT field enemies for the "melee faction"...  even as far back as the anti-moa I wasn't really thrilled for new ranged AoE knockdown spamming troops.

We can't be paralyzed by pessimism though. We have to keep going forward, showing the devs what we do and don't like. Let them make mistakes until they get it right.

Edited by VKhaun

as long as they are a kind of unit of grineer, and not a superior version of, i'm perfectly fine with seeing more manics. needless to say that also means they can't be reliant on cheap tactics like timed immunity to function, that's tacky and nobody appreciates it.