Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So...about Mad Max

TheErebus.

I feel bad even commenting in this thread but technically it's a Sunday of a holiday weekend in Canada so here goes nothing:

This movie is AMAZING. Loved every second of it, pure chaos, action, amazing designs, ah, ah, must go again. 

https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/599969063624974337

D2UwAv5.jpg

Mesa tries to fit into the Mad Max universe on Phobos

Edited by DERebecca
added mesa pic

I feel bad even commenting in this thread but technically it's a Sunday of a holiday weekend in Canada so here goes nothing:

This movie is AMAZING. Loved every second of it, pure chaos, action, amazing designs, ah, ah, must go again. 

Welp, if mama lotus says it's amazing, then I gotta go watch it.

Not RAGE nor Fallout. The setting itself can be considered similar to either at first, but it's much more chaotic, so much that many viewers might think it's just another pure action flick with no brains behind it. However, that's, in my opinion, completely false, as the director seem to have found very simple but smart ways to make a meaningful story through nonstop action (it almost sounds like an oxymoron to say that). I'll even go as far as saying that the action doesn't stop is a design choice, not for the simple purpose of giving free violence.

This isn't your usual action movie; it doesn't use a lot of conventions and templates we see in most action movies from North America (maybe because the original movie series isn't American). It's a movie that, through absurdity and hyperbole, tells a struggle story in a chaotic world instead of following the desolated wasteland presentation we see in most post-apocalyptic scenarios.

Is it a perfect movie? Of course not, but it sure brought something fresher for me in the action movie genre of the past few years. Give it a try if you like action movies in general, but don't shut off your brain while watching it either!

Edited by Casardis

Damn. It seems really (nearly) everyone loves the movie.

Welp i was gonna watch it away.

Though what i find interesting is that judging by the trailer, the movie seems to be based on the mythos of Mad Max (the setting, the look, the characters), rather than the story of the previous 3 movies.

Will be interesting to see how that will play out in the actual movie. Til then i will avoid any spoiler like a pest.

Then it's RAGEframe.

Or Borderlandsframe or Interstate'76frame or etc. Rage is really not the first game to feature such a setting.

*pic*

Mesa tries to fit into the Mad Max universe on Phobos

I hope one day the animators will find the time to make Mesa's Peacemakers right.

Edited by Othergrunty

How is it?

Is it the movie version of RAGE where the setting looks cool and designs are neat but the actual meat in the product is as stale as the leftover pizzas underneath your bed?

Did they release it for PC, because PS4 is kind of a big buy.

Welp, if mama lotus says it's amazing, then I gotta go watch it.

She says amazing to everything.

I am not gonna watch this movie in theatres because of the rating. It is to low, I expect the highest rating from a Mad Max not only the second highest.

Having never seen a mad max movie in my life or any scenes from it, i'd love to share my thoughts on it

IT WAS SO COOL. Super 80's themed with wild zoom ins and crazy sights. I mean there's a guy with a double neck guitar that shoots fire, how rad as that!? 

Go see the movie. It's amazing and worth every second. 

Is it a sequel or a reboot?

It is a reboot, but it is probably the best done one I have seen. It doesn't stray too far from the originals though. Seriously though, it is a great movie.

Having never seen a mad max movie in my life or any scenes from it, i'd love to share my thoughts on it

IT WAS SO COOL. Super 80's themed with wild zoom ins and crazy sights. I mean there's a guy with a double neck guitar that shoots fire, how rad as that!? 

Go see the movie. It's amazing and worth every second. 

If you liked it I would recommend seeing the original 3. I believe the first one is available for streaming on Netflix right now. Check it out, although Fury Road definitely has more in common with Road Warrior and Beyond Thunder Dome.

Edited by xRufus7x