The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Rhino Be After Limbo For Reworks?

TheBrsrkr

Limbo is just fine it's just the mass scrub population want all frames to be "press 4 to win".

Well, that could partially be it, but I think it's also because it's super-easy to accidentally troll as Limbo.

He's literally not the frame you use for pubs.  You need a coordinated team for Limbo to shine, in most cases.

I mean I even saw a forum post where someone got super-mad at a limbo for banishing him once in the entire mission, even though said banish saved his &#!.

He had his old 3 rolled into his 4.

Then got a new 3 we know as roar.

Sadly, when DE switched to damage 2.0 they never really went back and tweaked his defensive stats or the numbers on iron skin.

So he is actually tuned for back when enemies did way less damage than they do now.

Of course, with all the noobs running around with a level 30 rhino in low level content it makes him seem super strong.

OInce he gets into end game trails its like..oh right...he hasnt been tuned up since the old damage model. 

I'd say he needs a certain amount of both buff and rework.

Nothing drastic on either.

Actually the newbies have no choice but to use him BECAUSE THERE'S HARDLY ANYONE ELSE CLEARING THE SOLAR RAIL MAP WITH THEM!

So they need something strong and tanky to get them all the way to Pluto alone. 

And there's Rhino~

Limbo is just fine it's just the mass scrub population want all frames to be "press 4 to win".

LOL ok you may like him, i like him, but no dude, he is quite the bad one, his abilities are redundant and useless 1-2 should be combined and aslo 3-4 then adding 2 more abilities that do not suck will fix him. Finally create alternate legs, an then ill play him nonstop true:d

4 to win is a consequence of anything with a wide, crowd-clearing attack being better than an entire squad of people with limited fields of focus.

The only thing about Limbo that needs a rework is being able to use Voidwalk/Rift to send people back to the regular world while they're inside Cataclysm, allowing them to deal damage to the things outside of it.

Limbo is the one with the biggest need of a rework, way before frost. After that is Zephyr which gets completely ignored by the community which annoys me. Rhino only needs some buffs and that's about it. Other frames that need some work done are Ember and to some extent Nyx.

Some of your information is outdated.

Rhino has mid-tier health, top tier shields, and less armor than Chroma (to say nothing of Valkyr).

Still a great tank and all around frame, though.

uhhhhhhh... damn u ppl.

Dont care if he isnt the literary number 1 in highest stats, even if he is the 3rd or the 4th, he is a frame with all high stats, and abilities that don't fall short.

Compared to other frames, who have low stats and strong abilities, or high stats but fragile abilities, rhino is top notch in both those categories.

I don't see DE reworking a brand new frame.The reworks will likely start with the original frames, if they need it. Excal, Frost, Mag, Ember, etc

People think Reworks are like Primes and that every frame is in line to get it. That is not the case they are only reworking frames that are lacking or they can't see to get balanced (i.e. Excalibur).

uhhhhhhh... damn u ppl.

Dont care if he isnt the literary number 1 in highest stats, even if he is the 3rd or the 4th, he is a frame with all high stats, and abilities that don't fall short.

Compared to other frames, who have low stats and strong abilities, or high stats but fragile abilities, rhino is top notch in both those categories.

lol....

Speaking of Rhino, what kind of buffs do you think his Prime will get?

Personally I would go for base knockdown resistance, and a sort of free Quick Thinking shot once per full heal. Increased swing speed with Hammers and Heavy Blades would be good too. That second one might cause some problems though.

Whoops, I thought you meant iassives. Sorry about that.

Hmmmm, a Rhino Prime buff... Some more armor would be good, anywhere between 240-300 would be nice. Slight energy buff to 200, and more health, because shields are pretty good. Will get back with specific numbers, because I'm not sure on specifics.

When I say health, I don't.mean base health, mind you. Let's not give people a reason to complain.

Edited by TheBrsrkr

I hate all of the push back against change to frames on these forums.  Yeah you can find a niche for an underpowered or clunky suit.  So what?

I understand not wanting to see every 'frame homogenized to a nuke frame and pushing back against any change because you don't want to see that change, but it's pretty clear that DE is on the side of not changing enough (Ember, Trinity, etc.) rather than changing too much, so don't sweat it.

Limbo's kit can be streamlined, and not have everything take forever to cast, and he can still be a niche solo frame or whatever you mooks think he's OP at.

Limbo should have got a rework months ago. There's the damn development and feedback thread on the workshop that the Devs have conveniently forgotten exists.  

Limbo should not be published in the way its is tbh - and it sounds for me kinda unfair for him getting his rework before other frames that needs rework and are much older than this.....

Idk why frost is on the table yet again.

I do.

Because his powers are clearly lacking. His snow globe changes have produced the exact opposite of intended. He babysits the globe more than he ever did and the 'stacking' effect is poor and reasonably pointless. His first power is shabby due to its time of travel. It'd be nice if it had a minor aoe effect upon impact for possible enemies standing very near the target and had a faster travel time, or even tracking like most powers do now. As for 2 and 4 I'm not that much fussed about. Either way if they did something different and nice with the 2 and 4 which changed things up I'd still welcome it too.

Overall frost is generally a one trick frame for most players. I do personally use 2/3/4, less of 1 due to the afore mentioned, where I can but I still do have an unshiftable feeling when using his powers that they are in need of a look.

Edited by Naith

How do you rework limbo ? a Troll Frame really , I think I have idea , give option to not allow Limbo on our squad that not bad idea I think :D

for Rhino , Rhino is really great frame all it need is to get some buff , since he got stealth nerfed alot , just stealth buff him back ;) 

Personally I would go for base knockdown resistance, and a sort of free Quick Thinking shot once per full heal. Increased swing speed with Hammers and Heavy Blades would be good too. That second one might cause some problems though.

Whoops, I thought you meant iassives. Sorry about that.

Hmmmm, a Rhino Prime buff... Some more armor would be good, anywhere between 240-300 would be nice. Slight energy buff to 200, and more health, because shields are pretty good. Will get back with specific numbers, because I'm not sure on specifics.

When I say health, I don't.mean base health, mind you. Let's not give people a reason to complain.

Those suggested passives/buffs sound a bit... Much. If other frames got these sort of passives/buffs (slightly toned down of course) it wouldn't pose much of a problem, as it'd give frames a bit more of an identity. Edited by Naith

Because his powers are clearly lacking. His snow globe changes have produced the exact opposite of intended. He babysits the globe more than he ever did and the 'stacking' effect is poor and reasonably pointless.

I disagree with this statement. I find the current snowglobe design to be quite strong and flexible.

His first power is shabby due to its time of travel. It'd be nice if it had a minor aoe effect upon impact for possible enemies standing very near the target and had a faster travel time, or even tracking like most powers do now. 

Agreed. 

As for 2 and 4 I'm not that much fussed about. Either way if they did something different and nice with the 2 and 4 which changed things up I'd still welcome it too.

These two powers are generally fine though they suffer from the same damage scaling problem as many damage powers of warframe. Though I think it might be cool if avalanche was a targeted abilitty he could use at range like Hydroids tenticale swarm. Something not stuck right on his location. 

Overall I find frosts main flaw is his poor mobility due to low movespeed and no mobility power.

Sometimes I think DE should just give up on frost current 1 and give him something for traversal.

Perhaps something along the lines the ice slide that the cryomancer in Skyforge has. 

Edited by Ronyn