The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

Still needs fixed or tweaks

Slash dash:

Needs to high light the targets you are going to hit so you know who you missed

Increase the arc as at the moment your lucky to hit more than two targets at a time even in groups it misses targets next to you.

Radial blind: still unreliable cc due to LOS either fixes Los or adds Excalibur turning in to a light giving accuracy loss to enemies not Los

Finisher animation changed to a different key so you can normal melee or finisher melee

Radial javelin: still needs a rework it loses to radial blind since radial blind does cc and damage and no enemy cap

Finisher damage with proc chance

Adds to combo counter

Stun duration effected by duration mods

EB:

Auto parry needs to block knockdowns and procs from fusion Moa and bombard rockets

Radial blind slide increased a tiny but you need to be right by the target to blind them

Air slashes staggers and adds to combo counter or slash proc which gives more damage for the proc every time it's hit by the wave

Life strike built in or survivability

EB:

Auto parry needs to block knockdowns and procs from fusion Moa and bombard rockets

Radial blind slide increased a tiny but you need to be right by the target to blind them

Air slashes staggers and adds to combo counter or slash proc which gives more damage for the proc every time it's hit by the wave

Life strike built in or survivability

Definately agreed on kockdowns and Procs procs.

No reason to buff slideblind, using it in Closequaters is the point, otherwise use normal one.

Air slash staggering would make it faar to easy, but it should add to combo meter and scaleoff it if it doesn't.

And no on built it lifestrike. On the simple ground that the survivability is fine as it is. It scales directly off your equipped mods so if you wanted melee survivability in the first place it should already be slotted.

Another sepertate thing. Reach/Primed Reach shouldincrease EB slash and wave radius as well as slash dash cone

I hope you all get ignored complaining about the excalibur rework he is pure perfection if you dont believe me join me in a 40 min + T4 survival and lets see who has to pick up who

No need for that e-peen waving. 

snip

Yes, to all QoL changes (like the SD highlight, brilliant idea). I wouldn't give any direct buffs, though that's DE choice now, both sides have made their arguments. 

Definately agreed on kockdowns and Procs procs.

No reason to buff slideblind, using it in Closequaters is the point, otherwise use normal one.

Air slash staggering would make it faar to easy, but it should add to combo meter and scaleoff it if it doesn't.

And no on built it lifestrike. On the simple ground that the survivability is fine as it is. It scales directly off your equipped mods so if you wanted melee survivability in the first place it should already be slotted.

Another sepertate thing. Reach/Primed Reach shouldincrease EB slash and wave radius as well as slash dash cone

Disagree on the knockdowns, it's makes you more mindful of the heavies. And you can also mod for it, just as you can compensate for lack of life steal. Then again, it's just my opinion.

Mini-blind needs to be moved from slide attacks so that people can do them without melting their eyes. Parkour 2.0 might very well make it a non-issue though.

I agree that all melee mods should have some effect on EB for greater customization. Slash Dash just needs it's damn targeting fixed, so we can see how it should work with Stretch in the first place. 

Edited by tisdfogg

So if I have to make a decision to not make an ability bad, the ability is fine. That's some fine logic you have there.

So slash dash still performs fine without its augment, as well as blind, but javelin is the only one that need its because reasons.

Augments are not meant to fix abilities in the first place.

RJ is not bad, its just not what you want it to be, and both SD and Blind are not working fine in the eyes of other players that also want them to simply be a different thing, tell me how a melee combo builder 1 is properly synergic with a finisher forcing 3 that will make u lose all your built combo if you actually proc a finisher

you are not looking at what the frame can do and the ways it can be played, but to what you want to have from it and you are assuming that what you expect should be its point zero, when all you have to do is make a decision

any mid level player or even starting player will use more RJ than dash or blind because its raw damage and can quickly end the fight, while in end game you can turn it into a damage booster for all your melee kit in addition to a minion wave clearer

as many other players in this game you assume that something is bad because you cant see how it can really benefit you, augments are not band aids, these are options, and that is exactly why some players have such pain into changing them for any mod: this game had almost no decisions sometime ago, you just maxed your damage always and no matter what, the term band aid has good uses, but this is not one of them

Edited by rockscl

Disagree on the knockdowns, it's makes you more mindful of the heavies. And you can also mod for it, just as you can compensate for lack of life steal. Then again, it's just my opinion.

even if you don't  agree on this, it's a bug and should be fixed. just look at normal melee blocking

Edited by SomeCrackHead

even if you don't  agree on this, it's a bug and should be fixed. just look at normal melee blocking

It's very likely intended that stuff like knockdowns are not blocked so you actually need to be vary of your enemies and not be braindead while playing. It still works just fine when using manual block or rolling.

Edited by R4yn0r

RJ is not bad, its just not what you want it to be, and both SD and Blind are not working fine in the eyes of other players that also want them to simply be a different thing, tell me how a melee combo builder 1 is properly synergic with a finisher forcing 3 that will make u lose all your built combo if you actually proc a finisher

you are not looking at what the frame can do and the ways it can be played, but to what you want to have from it and you are assuming that what you expect should be its point zero, when all you have to do is make a decision

any mid level player or even starting player will use more RJ than dash or blind because its raw damage and can quickly end the fight, while in end game you can turn it into a damage booster for all your melee kit in addition to a minion wave clearer

as many other players in this game you assume that something is bad because you cant see how it can really benefit you, augments are not band aids, these are options, and that is exactly why some players have such pain into changing them for any mod: this game had almost no decisions sometime ago, you just maxed your damage always and no matter what, the term band aid has good uses, but this is not one of them

Except both synergize with exalted blade.

Slash dash builds melee combo counter which boost his exalted blade damage and radial blind finsiher damage is already boosted in exalted blade.

Where as javelin has nothing of the sort, it doesn't scale with melee, it's CC is overshadowed by Blind and it's damage is surpassed by 2 oher skills. At low levels is meaningless as both slash dash and EB perform equally as well.

UNLESS ofcourse, you you use it's augment when only then it offers some form of utility.

Which is the main gripe about augments, they are being used to fix abilities instead of buffing the ability itself. Augments themselves are not bandaids

However a very UP skill that needs a buff receieving a very good augment begs the question why the ability wasn't simply buffed. If an ability needs an augment to perform equally as other abilities that don't there's no rea "option", there's false choice.

The fact that in your argument you discuss Radial javelin WITH the augment than without only proves my point further, without the augment radial javelin is mediocre compared to the rest of his kit, where as with it it becomes a viable skill, having both damage and a self buff for excalibur, which inturm provides synergy for his other skills.

doesn't mean he doesn't need fixing on what needs to fixed or adjusted. with that said, he's not "perfect". and a perfect warframe is in other words OP in this game. as the definition of perfect means without downsides.

I remember you from a game we played together. ofcourse he is not OP but he is perfection and that does not = OP he now flows like a true swords master in and out of combat. most of the whining i see is due to lack of skill from the user rather than his flaws and yes a few bugs need to be sorted out

Edited by WernerShadow

It's very likely intended that stuff like knockdowns are not blocked so you actually need to be vary of your enemies and not be braindead while playing. It still works just fine when using manual block or rolling.

I feel the same way. The auto parry is awesome for survivability without being OP, but not having it auto parry stomps etc. lends to the player utilizing skill to make the most of the ability. Basically, you have to keep an eye on your surroundings, watch for the MOAs gearing up for a stomp, and be ready with the RMB to block it. Same goes for the Fire Eximus and other similar radial knockdown abilities. 

false choice.

The fact that in your argument you discuss Radial javelin WITH the augment than without only proves my point further,

lol, false choice is where you dont need to choice, here you are presented a choice and you just cant make it and instead of that you ask to buff excalibur out of its weaknesses

And i gave you a whole example for RJ usefulness WITHOUT the augment, theres no way SD can be more reliable than RJ to clear a room of minions in low or mid ranks, you would have to cast at least 5 SD in order to MAYBE finish the job adding repositioning and tanking, and EB relies on player skill to be efficient and reliable(hence why there s a guy above asking for it to stop those knockdowns too), while RJ would do it all in 1 press

Edited by rockscl

lol, false choice is where you dont need to choice, here you are presented a choice and you just cant make it and instead of that you ask to buff excalibur out of its weaknesses

And i gave you a whole example for RJ usefulness WITHOUT the augment, theres no way SD can be more reliable than RJ to clear a room of minions in low or mid ranks, you would have to cast at least 5 SD in order to MAYBE finish the job adding repositioning and tanking, and EB relies on player skill to be efficient and reliable(hence why there s a guy above asking for it to stop those knockdowns too), while RJ would do it all in 1 press

So radial javelin being able to clear fodder enemies at low to mid level justifies it's current state? That's a pretty weak reasoning to be honest. Especially when as i said his other skills perform very well at high levels without augments. And if you're going to say "it staggers", so does blind and blind cost 25 energy less and blinds them in addition to the stagger.

WHat does radial javelin do? damage (not affected by melee mods scaling) and a stagger already present on another,cheaper skills. This skill can be so much better and it's augment already shows that.

like this idea I would use this mod often if It actually helped weapons range a lot more

yet when your in game and using his 4th you meleeing is counted as stamina still and goes through it like no tomorrow while if you do get into blocking position bullets still get blocked and drain the stamina same with air slashing or trying to speed ahead with jump slashing.

I think other than the plain glitches with Excalibur's Exalted Blade, I wish more mods worked with it to give more variety other than stacking damage and crit.

glaives rebound enemy hit rebound the slash to another

primed reach extends the range of the slash

you mean like that >?

Big list of items today being investigated for mod functionality, host/client, etc on Excalibur!

Is the Pendragon Helm being looked at too to finally get its fix for the cosmetic offset of the dangles?  

It has been broken a long while and this is the perfect time to fix it while Excal is getting attention.

Big list of items today being investigated for mod functionality, host/client, etc on Excalibur!

Is the Excalibur sword passives on that list?  EB only gains the passive when weilding one handed swords but not when using dual swords or nikanas, the passive works for regular melee with all three, but only applies to EB with one handed swords.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/479539-excalibur-bugs-as-of-1694/

I wanna use my Nikana =(

Does this include the absolute lack of functionality on Throwing Melee-exclusive mods? People have brought this up repeatedly as an issue - thematically, Excalibur of all warframes should not suffer from wielding a Glaive weapon as a glaive weapon (as opposed to specifically building it just to have Exalted Blade mods and sacrificing unique throwing mods).

A proposed solution was to give Excalibur his own configuration window for Exalted Blade modding. Can we get a dev response on this?

- snip -

What this guy says.

Slash Dash benefiting from the Exalted Blade scaling with all the mods, it seems illogical to still include a "non-scaling" damage ability in Exca's kit.

After all, he's summoning Exalted Blades all over the place, but it does bad damage, even compared to the Exalted Blade wave damage we have at the moment (as in, still bugged and scaling with only half the mods).

Consistency in design would make Radial Javelin work like every other damage ability in his kit.

That is, a base damage of 250 scaling with melee and power strength mods.

I think it's still reasonable balance-wise thanks to the target and los limitations.

Otherwise you end up with a third ability costing 75 energy outscaled and outdamaged by the first one, costing 25.

That's definitely wrong.

Wrong.

Consistency would be getting rid of Radial Javelin as it does not fit the swordsman theme.

I joked this morning that Radial Javelin is the new Super Jump.

That said, I wouldn't mind it being adjusted to scale with melee mods, you could also argue that Excalibur is the frame that "scales with swords" not just the "melee swordsman frame."