The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

What?

Also, its more about time consuming.

You are immune to damage when performing stagger/stun/blind/stealth finishers.  Those finishers don't scale with speed, while ground finishers do scale with speed, but you are vulnerable during ground finishers, but invulnerable during stagger/stun/blind/stealth finishers.

I don't understand everyone's issue with radial blind opening up finishers. I have literally not had an issue with being able to just melee them directly all night and I've done nothing but play Excal since the patch dropped lol

Also, re: efficiency. First off, the fact that it's usable for so long on a frame you are most likely playing to use that ability is awesome. You already can't get energy from plates while it's active, and energy siphon is disabled while active. It's also a melee only ability (not counting the waves, they don't do enough damage to complain about them imo) which means you are 5-10x as likely to get drained by something as a Mesa sitting on a pillar/box/pod/excavator out of drain range blasting things from 50m away.

Edited by Racter0325

I don't understand everyone's issue with radial blind opening up finishers. I have literally not had an issue with being able to just melee them directly all night and I've done nothing but play Excal since the patch dropped lol

Also, re: efficiency. First off, the fact that it's usable for so long on a frame you are most likely playing to use that ability is awesome. You already can't get energy from plates while it's active, and energy siphon is disabled while active. It's also a melee only ability (not counting the waves, they don't do enough damage to complain about them imo) which means you are 5-10x as likely to get drained by something as a Mesa sitting on a pillar/box/pod/excavator out of drain range blasting things from 50m away.

We hate the finishers because they are slow as hell and ruin all the DPS and because for 99.99% of the time you don't need them. ALso Exalted Blade is Bugged, Clients don't gain the benefits of having melee mods.

Simulacrum testing: Exalted blade + scindo p

Behemoth:
level 20 killed

level 30 killed

level 40 killed

level 50 provided challenge. Swithched out jagged edge for life strike. killed

level 60 Had to retreat once to build up energy, put down a pad. killed

Found a place to take a picture.

rwOJI4i.jpg

level 70 in progress

level 95 The combo can deal 102 damage each strike.

Charger spawned by behemoth:

level 485 killed.

This was with no tactics other then charging in there and spaming e.  If I'm not mistaken this seems a little op. However this test was done using the highest weapon with complete crit, damage, and range mods. Excal had armour; health, flow prime (375), complete effiency (160), and 3 strength (229) mods. So whether it's the mods, weapon, or ability is debatable. However I don't think it's the ability as using it with other weapons doesn't cause enough damage. The weapon and frame are nothing without the mods. So that only leaves one option as to what cause this ability to be op.

Edited by Postal_pat

Yeah you can thank the people who say: " Shouldn't that be in the ability already? Not an augment?".

Weren't most people saying "Shouldn't that be in the ability already?" about the Slash Dash augment. You know the one that is about as valuable as an empty slot on your frame.

Wow, I didn't even realize that Radial Javelin also got nerfed for the 4th ability's arrival. 12 javelin limit now. How am I supposed to escape swarm situations with a slow slash dash and a semi-useless 12-javelin limit? I understand that they want to keep it balanced, but for what is offered in the new Exalted Blade ability, the nerfs are not necessary.

Excalibur has long since been my main frame - since the day I started playing the game (roughly 2 years ago - I stopped for a year and just got back in). It's a little disappointing to see my beloved frame take a step in this direction. No Excal main expects lots of damage; we just want something useful and balanced. The old slash dash - was useful for escaping since it made you invincible as the ability is active, not to mention you could slash through enemies as there was no collision. Radial javelin was great for stunning enemies when being swarmed and overwhelmed with no support nearby. In higher levels, neither of these abilities can kill so much a mosquito, so damage clearly wasn't the problem. It was just how we could save ourselves while using the frame. Now, with all of the limitations in the abilities, I feel like Excalibur users (myself included) don't have the freedom to use their warframe like we did before before. Just my two cents on it. 

I don't mean to be negative as I really do love the new Exalted Blade ability. It's just that the rework on the other abilities wasn't necessary at all. If anything, it didn't buff the Excalibur, and instead went the opposite way.

Might have to start looking into another frame now....

Edited by Infinitez72

its starts getting good at 30-40 minute mark in t4 surv , i kinda like it i can unequip radial finish now :D !!! YAY it was overkill anyway 

EDIT u stab heaveies and gunners others u just shoot :)

Edited by Mathemagics

The energy waves which come from the blade itself should gain stats as the weapon does

This would improve their uses tremendously

Eg. Point strike, organ shatter etc

Energy waves should also give melee multipler per strike - making Excal a real beast in melee

Additionally - a general note

2 more mod slots for every warframe would work wonders - especially with the 'must put on' mods

This would give a bit more growth and chance to explore builds with lesser mods

My two cents

-Phyrak

One thing I noticed is that Melee Channel (the mod) doesn't work on Exalt.  This I think is a huge missed opportunity.  The mod itself is already rarely used, but it also synergize with this rework really well.  It is clear that all of Excalibur's powers are design to work together with Exalt equipped.  That means Excalibur will be using a lot of energy in between melee hits.  Isn't that what Melee Channel is designed for?  A caster that wants to make use of melee weapons? What's the point if the energy goes into the melee weapon, and not Exalt? 

Edited by Casval_Rouge

Already posted earlier on new ability, but here goes for the oldies:

Slash Dash: Mixed feeling about it. The changes aren't horrible and actually makes its augment mod somewhat more usable. There is some mobility loss, which is unfortunate given the concurrent loss of Super Jump. Of course, there is the new Radial Blind for that. Still needs to actually use the combo multiplier itself, though. Because that's the only thing keeping it (and its augment) from being mediocre to actually good.

Radial Blind: Excalibur stretches back too much. The finisher thing I am split on. Personally, I want it off by default. Instead, leave its augment mod as the thing that turns on the Finisher. In other words, leave it the way it used to be. Having the augment mod make the finisher/regular stealth damage change would be more fair and plays more into this idea of choice.

Radial Javelin: I'll be honest. The limit is kinda disgusting. I'm going to hope that it at least scales with Power Strength. Not going to cry wolf yet, but given the slow cast speed and the low number of target, I feel like this ability is going to be left behind in favor of the more reliable RB.

Already posted earlier on new ability, but here goes for the oldies:

Slash Dash: Mixed feeling about it. The changes aren't horrible and actually makes its augment mod somewhat more usable. There is some mobility loss, which is unfortunate given the concurrent loss of Super Jump. Of course, there is the new Radial Blind for that. Still needs to actually use the combo multiplier itself, though. Because that's the only thing keeping it (and its augment) from being mediocre to actually good.

Slash Dash does benefit from Combo Metter however I have only tested this with Surging Dash, but as far as I am concerned it does benefit from Surging Dash quite greatly.

Also Slash Dash is bugged for Clients, it doesn't seem to be able to target more than 2 enemies at a time, also untargeted Slash Dash does no damage (this could be intended).

Edited by CTanGod

It's like falling in love all over again.

I love the synergy between Slash Dash, Radial Blind and Exalted Blade, moreover they all complement melee. Not to mention instant-casting and moving-while-casting makes Excal a very flexible caster.

That said, I'm quite disappointed you guys kept RJ as it is and only moved it down to his 3rd. RJ just seems so, different, from the rest. Though it's a sword-theme ability, it just doesn't complement melee or synegize with other abilities unless used with the augment. Furthermore, the targetting system is quite unreliable. Let's just see if Charged Jump changes that.

True.

I bought it only because i'm huge excalibur fan, but prisma skin looks S#&$ty because it has 1 color on the biggest part of the body so i'm not going to wear it. I like mordred though. Wish it was prisma too.

Overall too expensive.

I don't think it's just a skin but a mesh put on the helmet. In other words you are buying the whole helmet again and a body mesh. Whole helmets cost 75 and a body mesh cost 150 so the bundle is actualy discounted from 300plat.

However at the moment I think there may be a bug with the skin hence why it doesn't put on a show like other prisma items.