Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

I agree, the EB is quite useless.

Graphical it makes melee weapons useless, it has the same ugly, lightsabre look.

It does not make the frame a melee frame, it is still fragile.

The whole concept is bad.

First off what you said had nothing to do with the topic being EB not shooting energy....yesterday. All you did was inject an unrelated opinion. Second this bug was fixed in a patch and you still bumped this.

:-\

Edited by Darkmoone1

why can't slash dash have the old 2meter slash radius along his path? what was so bad about that, that you had to remove that?

As it stood before the new SD it was clunky and stiff to use, it did no damage for how many enemies you were hitting, and was an overall shadow of its pre damage 2.0 self.

radial javelin change to give a bit of survive ability

radial javelin now becomes a shield with 10/15 swords swinging around Excalibur.

enemies that get within melee range of Excalibur are hit by the swords each dealing 500 dps per second.

the swords give each bullet from the enemy a 60/70 percent chance to deflect the bullets back.

if Excalibur is standing still and is blocking the swords will give any enemy in range a finisher attack and block all projectiles.

by the end of duration or the end or if 4 pressed again it lets the swords go out and hit enemies dealing 1000 damage each with a stun of knockdown

Increase his base runspeed. Make him move very quickly. He needs to move fast and destroy quickly. That's my only gripe with him.

Excal is mostly fine as is (though fine tuning may be justified).

I don't believe he would require more speed to 'move fast and destroy quickly'.  He's a bit -- shall we say, cartoonish?  Since the rework.  I'm of a mind whatever modifications they make to the frame shouldn't add more to it.

Excal rework is amazing! Yet I had melee experience bug (sorry if it was mentioned before). After the 10 minute Grineer (28-30) Survival alert I got around 24k Primary xp (with booster) though I used my bow only twice and that is ok. Most of my damage (like 95%) came from melee and wave attacks with 4th ability active and in the end I got only 200 xp for my melee weapon :\ I know for sure that is not how xp distribution works.

Excal rework is amazing! Yet I had melee experience bug (sorry if it was mentioned before). After the 10 minute Grineer (28-30) Survival alert I got around 24k Primary xp (with booster) though I used my bow only twice and that is ok. Most of my damage (like 95%) came from melee and wave attacks with 4th ability active and in the end I got only 200 xp for my melee weapon :\ I know for sure that is not how xp distribution works.

sure mods like bright purity can affect the ultimate, but it doesn't mean your ultimate is the same melee weapon. idk if you can still proc the syndicate mods but if it did, it only means that you feeded affinity to that mod that affected your ultimate, it is in no relation to what melee weapon you have, however EB is unique in itself that it acts as a melee, but it is still an ability, so when you kill with that ability you will feed 100% xp to your warframe, which are lost. i suspect your case was intended and not a bug

radial javelin change to give a bit of survive ability

radial javelin now becomes a shield with 10/15 swords swinging around Excalibur.

enemies that get within melee range of Excalibur are hit by the swords each dealing 500 dps per second.

the swords give each bullet from the enemy a 60/70 percent chance to deflect the bullets back.

if Excalibur is standing still and is blocking the swords will give any enemy in range a finisher attack and block all projectiles.

by the end of duration or the end or if 4 pressed again it lets the swords go out and hit enemies dealing 1000 damage each with a stun of knockdown

This sounds brilliant!

Have it like nova's null star wherein 1 sword gets used as an attack or has a % chance to break on attack or deflecting heavy attacks like that of stomps or rockets

I noticed that Exalted Blade with 75% Efficency allows players to have it up for an extremely long time.

Not exactly something nice, that's the same thing that happens when people can spam #4 repeatedly.

Exactly. Everybody whined why Excalibur can spam his abilites. Great improvement....

First off what you said had nothing to do with the topic being EB not shooting energy....yesterday. All you did was inject an unrelated opinion. Second this bug was fixed in a patch and you still bumped this.

:-\

At least I am in good companyl.

I noticed that Exalted Blade with 75% Efficency allows players to have it up for an extremely long time.

Not exactly something nice, that's the same thing that happens when people can spam #4 repeatedly.

indeed, at the cost of damage that is. Still, you cant stand still with this ability, your back is uncovered and excal is still pretty easy to kill.  you have to move, time your skills adequately in order to save energy. In lower levels yeah it may last a long time and its pretty easy but that will not be of use in t4 surv after some time, or t4 def after a few waves. 

at those levels you gotta know when to use it, with whom, you will get overwhelmed easily and elite enemies will be your priority, you cant waste energy on normal mobs. 

Edited by Rayden_Tenno

4th skill

auto parry should block all knockdowns and reflect bombard rockets

the slashing waves should add to the combo counter and made finisher damage

channelling mods should be free of use while in the 4th skill so you can make different builds

radial blind slide increased in range just a bit

life strike innate in the skill or it has free use if a mod give him survivability or he needs damage reduction

radial javelin

take out the awareness

enemy cap again increased by strength mods

finisher damage and 100 percent bleed proc

adds to combo counter

stun increased by duration mods

radial blind

finisher animation made into a different keyboard key

targets blinded are los as normal but fix the LOS

all targets hit this isn't LOS are given a accuracy loss

sooooo radial javelin now becomes bladestorm, but everything you get from bladestorm happens faster

and you do realise that you can block while meleeing right? although i think that the auto parry shouldn't drain stamina at all. channeling mods used to be free and applied with eb, then it got nerfed. for now, lifestrike works on the blade waves, and doesn't drain energy. probably gonna get patched soon. probably should be given innate lifestrike while channeling EB

excalibur rework is great, just wish something more was done with radial javelin other than making it an AoE nuke to spam at low levels. Wish EB was given an innate lifesteal like Valkyr's Hysteria, or that EB counted as channeling ur melee weapon all the time like it used to before it was nerfed. As of right now, you're forced to be in melee range all the time, and there's no way to compensate for that other than the auto parry. Being given some form of recovering hp from the damage you will end up taking would be extremely useful.

one last thing, Exalted blade is now bugged and its not inheriting melee mods properly. Tested it vs some mobs and the melee damage is around 54 with Exalted Blade at rank 1 with transient fortitude and intensify on, but blade waves were constantly hitting for 1k damage and more

kind of sucks that when we are channeling as CLIENT and throwing energy waves it sucks up energy like no tomorrow, but if your a HOST you wont lose energy at all......which is how it should be for everyone, not just the host.

Great job, you have made excalibur one of the funnest frames to play!

I don't want to level up any new melee weapons because I just want to play excal!

I noticed that the radius on his slide attack radial blind is very very small.  It is about the range that the melee weapon hits anyways.
I don't see much point in having this as a feature because of it.  Is it WAI (working as intended)?